My first date experience, how should I continue on?

Notbbfa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
17,753
Reaction score
9,841
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.
U decided to self-sabotage your first date, song bo self-suicided your first date
 

106gunner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
49,045
Reaction score
18,082
755764.jpg


TS you might want to consider reading this before you went for your 2nd date
 

Notbbfa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
17,753
Reaction score
9,841
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
@toolbox03 @Heriophant cums ins analyse gots hope bo:s42:
 

esandwich

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
6,312
Reaction score
1,690
My first date with my future wife, i offered to go upscale restaurant at MBS. Nowadays would have costed $100/pax. I was a simp and i wanted to impress her. She declined and we sat at the music fountain outside MBS to talk instead. Total cost of the date, $4, for bus and MRT fare roundtrip.

That's the thing. If a woman is really into you, she will not want you to spend money, because she wants you to save for your future together. The date is for you to talk and get to know each other better. The food is secondary. It's not the focus of the date. If a woman gauges you by how much you willing to spend on her, then you know that this woman is mercenary. She will go with the highest bidder.
depends on age also la....school girl and working women have diff view of first dates but doesnt mean they are mercenary
 

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,894
Reaction score
12,975
I already told her lah, gave her a few options to choose from. We finally decided on this chinese restaurant
Then why didn’t you tell her at the same time that you prefer to split for that lunch? (PS: This also takes skills as to how you say it)

Then if she still went ahead, but left while you were in the toilet for 5mins, it was on her liao for choosing to go meet you. But in this case it isn’t.

You called it a date, so this person must be someone you would like to meet and go out with instead of some random hangout, you initiated to ask her out, you chose the place, but you asked to split on first date after the meal. Lol

2026 or 2006 or 1996, women in general still prefer to be treated on a first date. This applies to Asian and western society. They wanna see how willing you are to invest in them which directly or indirectly reveal your interest levels. A meal is just the most basic thingy.
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,736
Reaction score
5,330
That
It was just a first-time meeting between acquaintances since the bill was split! 🙅‍♂️💲💔🙅‍♀️💔
:s13:
That's quite likely exactly what it is. You don't usually confirm a relationship with a girl on the first date do you?
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,736
Reaction score
5,330
depends on age also la....school girl and working women have diff view of first dates but doesnt mean they are mercenary
Of course if you are dating a ginna, then she's not an independant woman and you shouldn't expect her to behave like one.
 

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,894
Reaction score
12,975
Ts used to be obsessed with his NUS 1st Class Comp Science degree....

I assume they are still part of his "banter with the ladies"

Also had a seemingly irrational hate of teachers at one point
Hahaha really

That’s why lor. Good in studies doesn’t mean good in socialising and dating.
 

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,894
Reaction score
12,975
You already knew this will be the outcome, why you still did that? Now, you just check her Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, reddit posts and pray she did not expose you.
The thing is, he didn’t know this will be the outcome :s13:

No leh. I hope she can come with her own set of story.
 

Joseph12

Honorary Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2020
Messages
102,160
Reaction score
39,066
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
Are you blocked?
If not , does she answer or take long time to reply or give yes no answers?
 

lchua6

Master Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
3,522
Reaction score
1,191
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?

Hahaha... CSB....

When guy says split bill on first date means "you are not the right girl for me, let's split bill and go our own ways"

Of cos she so malu and ran away.
 

Jaylim123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2018
Messages
6,372
Reaction score
1,044
Hahaha... CSB....

When guy says split bill on first date means "you are not the right girl for me, let's split bill and go our own ways"

Of cos she so malu and ran away.
Even if I treat dosent mean she will be interested also, she also can part ways after the first date isnt it?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top