My first date experience, how should I continue on?

coyote

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
85,327
Reaction score
28,613
Whether a woman allow the man to paid, TS shouldn’t be so obvious telling her to spilt bill

If she are those that choose to paid for her own she will

Is fine to request for spilt bill if among friends or acquaintance

But if is dating or someone you like I find it stupid asking for spilt

If can’t afford then dun dine in restaurant

Unfortunately I have to agree 100% with you. 🙏👍✌️

TS may have browsed edmw for too long and he really believed splitting bills on first date is a norm and being single is the best?🤦

I hope that is just a csb post.🙏😓
 
Last edited:

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,718
Reaction score
5,314
Whether a woman allow the man to paid, TS shouldn’t be so obvious telling her to spilt bill

If she are those that choose to paid for her own she will

Is fine to request for spilt bill if among friends or acquaintance

But if is dating or someone you like I find it stupid asking for spilt

If can’t afford then dun dine in restaurant
I feel he wasn't obvious enough. Should have laid it out even before he went on that date. There's no point in going at all, if it turns out the girl is a type 3 and TS refuses to simp. Save everyone's time and money yeah?
 

106gunner

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
49,023
Reaction score
18,070
clownlaughtsgif.gif
if me i also will lari cepat cepat
kns 1st date so stingy how to continue :(
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,718
Reaction score
5,314
Unfortunately I have to agree 100% with you. 🙏👍✌️

TS may have browsed edmw for too long and he really believed splitting bills on first date is a norm and being single is the best?🤦

I hope that is just a csb post.🙏😓
You old liao haha. Splitting bill on first date is indeed the norm for younger generation now.
Just go ask your nephews and nieces. Times have changed. More and more young people are strongly rejecting traditional gender roles. Type 1 women are pretty common nowadays.
 

Roid Rage

Master Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
4,393
Reaction score
2,391
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
Yup. Got chance. 2nd date wear diaper so she won’t run away.
 

coyote

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
85,327
Reaction score
28,613
TS, just don't do it next time. To be more precise, going Chinese restaurant is ok though may not be the better option. What you should not do is ask to split the bill. Don't do it again before your swipe the next girl. This one is gone case purely because of your own fault.🙏

I still hoped ts is just csb.
 
Last edited:

fortunehunter

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2019
Messages
34,188
Reaction score
14,527
My first date with my future wife, i offered to go upscale restaurant at MBS. Nowadays would have costed $100/pax. I was a simp and i wanted to impress her. She declined and we sat at the music fountain outside MBS to talk instead. Total cost of the date, $4, for bus and MRT fare roundtrip.

That's the thing. If a woman is really into you, she will not want you to spend money, because she wants you to save for your future together. The date is for you to talk and get to know each other better. The food is secondary. It's not the focus of the date. If a woman gauges you by how much you willing to spend on her, then you know that this woman is mercenary. She will go with the highest bidder.

Some of the girl expect sinkie guys to pay for the food but they date amdk they pay for amdk.
 

TiedInsurer

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,718
Reaction score
5,314
Some of the girl expect sinkie guys to pay for the food but they date amdk they pay for amdk.
Because she genuinely likes the AMDK. The sinkie guy is beneath her and she just use him for free food and entertainment only. You will know it if a woman is genuinely into you. If you feel she doesn't really like you and is just using you, it's probably true and you only have yourself to blame.
 

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,794
Reaction score
12,916
Of course is I initiate and chose the place, I didnt tell her in advance and it was about 40+ per person. Weekend lunch
Lol “of course” somemore :s13:

You chose the place but before that you all got discussed together or not? Like did you show her this place kym or what? Or she only know where the food place on that day?
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,356
Reaction score
25,287
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?
To me it is not everytime that i give a treat to a date unless you're saying you have different date weekly then different

Even if there's a date again with the same girl, just treat her as long as the vibes is right but if no progression after a few more treats, take the treat as an investment
If she insists to go by dutch or to treat you, don't reject her

I paid for my ex right from our first date and she has been my wife for 9 years

IMO, not nice to offer for a split of bills on the first date, from men
Depends on your mindset, because it is likely first impression matters more for women

In b4 naysayers
 

Kanko San

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
11,042
Reaction score
4,913
I brought a girl to raffles place for our first date. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant but I asked to split the bill instead of me paying everything. She said ok and she paynow me right on the spot.

After we finished eating I had to go to the toilet so she waited for me outside. 5 mins later after I came out I couldnt find her so I checked my phone and she said that she had to leave because of an emergency.

how should I continue from here? Do I still have chance for second date?


Good composition. 100% passed
 

Jaylim123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2018
Messages
6,372
Reaction score
1,044
Lol “of course” somemore :s13:

You chose the place but before that you all got discussed together or not? Like did you show her this place kym or what? Or she only know where the food place on that day?
I already told her lah, gave her a few options to choose from. We finally decided on this chinese restaurant
 

Kanko San

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
11,042
Reaction score
4,913
Give benefit of doubt lor. Maybe really got emergency. If you like her, text her ask for second date and see what happens. At worse she block you only mah. Not much different from never texting her again because you assumed but didn't get confirmation that she hates you now.

Anyway, all of these is personal preference. Women got 3 kinds.

Type 1 will refuse to let her man pay because she genuinely believes in the "strong, independent woman" image that she has built for herself. Will pull their own weight financially. This type is probably the ideal kind you are looking for, since you asked to split.

Type 2 will only pay their fair share if you ask, but they will hate you for it and later go back home and post on instagram about how worthless and cheapskate sinkie males are. For this type, some genuinely have the tradwife mindset. They adhere to traditional gender roles. Expect to have them serve you hand and foot if you marry them. But this type quite rare in SG la. IF you are okay with traditional gender roles, this type actually not bad also.

Type 3 is the faux "strong independent women", They will behave like type 2, except they don't actually believe in traditional gender roles. They just want whatever benefits them. They are feminists when it comes to workplace and gender rights, but they become tradwives when the bill comes. Stay far far away from this kind. They have no principles and no morals. They are selfish and manipulative and will sway whichever way maximises their own benefit, not just in this matter, but in all choices in life.

Anyway, to avoid wasting your time and money, it's good to ask your date about their opinion on going dutch, before going on that date.


I pay for my GF every meal plus $200 to buy anything she like.
If dont like, keep the $200 cash.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top