CRAP SERVICE + Incompetent Techs
Ok here's for the MR customer service personnel - please activate your service recovery plan before responding to my post.
Timeline of events:
Sometime in June (post the PC fair thingy) - a MR person calls me. offers me to sign a contract. I ask about no contract plans, he says got. 300mbps for $49. I say steady lets do it. He says he will get someone to call me about arranging a date by the end of the month.
End of June : NO reply.
Early-Mid July : I call MR at least twice before getting proper help for a nice lady. Get the appointment date confirmed.
Early last week : nice lady calls me to check on the contract or no contract (we used the contract version to get my appointment date). I realise that I have a work trip that suay suay falls on the same day. I ASK FOR A RE-SCHEDULE, nice lady says cannot, not just MR personnel involved etc... no choice... =(
So i ask my elderly mother (who knows nothing about computers) if she can travel across the island to open my place for the tech 2pm-6pm
Today: NOBODY SHOWS UP! At 1446hrs I get a missed call - duh I already told them I am in KL, but still they call me. I suspect its the MR people, so I call back (INTERNATIONAL ROAMING)... hold on the line for 10 MINUTES waiting and waiting before the system auto kick me off!!
Fortunately MR lady calls me back tells me that they cannot be there and says now 6-9pm!!
I tell her its not my problem, access is arranged from 2-6pm, if they cannot get there in time, its not my fault. She says she will handle it.
I get a system SMS of my "tech" Melvin - 86870048 who has been assigned to do my case.
I think its a bit weird so I forward the number to my mother who is ALREADY in my flat WAITING...
AFTER 7pm, i get a call from Melvin but he hangs up before i pick up.
I call him back. He says "wrong number", untill i challenge him.
he is "reaching" and apparently convinced my elderly mother that she should WAIT for him!
0_o
She lets him in, he does "normal procedure" and leaves in a hurry.
My mother calls me, tells me that my new password is 1-9??? I am super confused.
I call Melvin, he says its normal procedure, because I was not there, to reset my router and claims 1-9 is a good password.
#$%^%%$!!
I ask him to go back and reset it to a proper alphanumeric password - at very least.
If not to also set my SSID and stuff back to what they were.... (too many devices on my end to change them all... )
He REFUSES to go back, UNTILL he has finished his backlog of work - as if that is MY PROBLEM!!!
I ask what his malfunction is, and why he did not mention this to me when I called him b4 reaching my place? He claims he got permission from my elderly mother (who is only supposed to give him access to my place, not permission to reset my entire network and put a password that any script kiddie can guess.)
He then hangs up on me, me who called him on international roaming.... goodness knows what he is doing now... probably resetting more customers routers and putting password 1-9
So here's the summary:
FACT 1 : I was offered 300mbps upgrade.
FACT 2 : I had to chase MR to get it. And suggest creative ways to get an appointment.
FACT 3 : My appointment was 2-6pm
FACT 4 : I wanted to change it. Was REFUSED.
FACT 5 : MR want to change it. I CANNOT refuse????
FACT 6 : MR sends Melvin AFTER the 2-6pm window (what he was doing before that I don't know but its apparently my problem???)
FACT 7 : Melvin arrives LATE and then proceeds to RESET my router password to 1-9
FACT 8 : I called Melvin and talked to him on my own expense, yet he did not have the courtesy nor intelligence to call or sms me BEFORE he resets my router! NEITHER did he have the capability to ASK me when I CALLED HIM before he reached my place {"oh sir, what is your router password - I will need to reset some static IP settings on your router"}
FACT 9 : Melvin CLAIMS that it is NORMAL procedure to reset customer routers and to put a password that is 1-9
FACT 10 : Melvin CLAIMS to have more jobs to do at 2030hrs and is unable to return to my place, despite just leaving it, to at VERY LEAST put in a PROPER alphanumeric password.
FACT 11 : Melvin hangs up on me.
FACT 12 : My elderly mother who has been waiting since 1400hrs today, having waited past 1800hrs as assured by me, now she MAY have to wait for Melvin to return... And she does not live with me.
EXTREMELY ANNOYED...
MR Customer Team please address my concerns ASAP.
[You have a few days before this goes in print and posted to CEO]
also you need to amend your "normal procedure", make sure you train your techs in proper router and wifi passwords, you need to also train your techs to have the COURTESY and BRAIN to know when to call or SMS customers before resetting their router.
IF YOU SEE MELVIN is your tech, please be afraid, very afraid.... I'm a long time MR customer, but seriously thinking twice now to recommend them.