MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalkyrie

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2013
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
rear usb port slower?

Hi guys this may be out of topic. I have usb n53 wireless adapter for my desktop connecting at 5ghz. Question is whenever I plug it into the rear usb ports regardless usb 2 or 3, why is it getting slower speeds than plugging it in the front ports? Front ports are giving me max 150Mbps speeds while all the rear ports are struggling to get even half.

No issues here but just curious about the mystery behind this. Not knowledgeable about this kind of stuffs.
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
FYI.

If your concern is the long waiting time for OpenNet to activate the Port 2 of TP, some customers mentioned that they waited 4 to 6 months. Not sure about Fibre Takeover.

Importance is not about OpenNet actually. What i've experienced with the other provider is that they will follow up your 2nd port activation and chase OpenNet for you. They will also call you / email you actively following up your installation.

In MR I wont expect that. My 1Gb application till now no head no tail till I gave up. :(
 

keanteac

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
18,879
Reaction score
8
If I upgrade to 1gbps, I have Statics IP and Home Voice. I need to pay again the one time fees ????
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Importance is not about OpenNet actually. What i've experienced with the other provider is that they will follow up your 2nd port activation and chase OpenNet for you. They will also call you / email you actively following up your installation.

In MR I wont expect that. My 1Gb application till now no head no tail till I gave up. :(

If you are referring to the follow up, I truly agreed.

If after chasing OpenNet and it still take around 4 to 6 months, then I would say the long waiting time will still encounter with most of the RSPs except one.
 
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
C1000942 I am still not getting my bad connection FIXED , contact me!!!

You no head no tail no details how the **** you want people to help you. Connection bad, got try other solutions or not. Not everything is MR fault if you still don't understand.

You are obviously someone who has never worked on the front lines before.
 

UchihaSasuke

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
23
first day of installation, first day of disappointment, took me a few retry and can't even download a funshion installer file, while there is not problem with my starhub.....

EDIT: On a side note, torrent are faster than my starhub, seem like there are some hit and misses but just can't get it, a simple download that can't work -_-
 
Last edited:

jameshong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
843
Reaction score
3
You no head no tail no details how the **** you want people to help you. Connection bad, got try other solutions or not. Not everything is MR fault if you still don't understand.

You are obviously someone who has never worked on the front lines before.

He has the ticket number so obviously he is not seeking your neither anyone help here except MR staff..:s13:!
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Something wrong with MR Billing department?

I have received 3 emails within 1 day regarding my eStatements.
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
Where did you see the ticket number?

I only saw Customer ID.

Prev pages is it?

Something wrong with MR Billing department?

I have received 3 emails within 1 day regarding my eStatements.

Might be system error

first day of installation, first day of disappointment, took me a few retry and can't even download a funshion installer file, while there is not problem with my starhub.....

EDIT: On a side note, torrent are faster than my starhub, seem like there are some hit and misses but just can't get it, a simple download that can't work -_-

Feedback to them
 

Receptor

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2014
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Lan Wire

Hi guys, i just had my installation for my MR.

issue is im being granted 100 mb/ps as per supposed advertised 1 gb
im using LAN wire to play dota, so no reliance on wireless..

MR provided me with cat 5e cable which i confirmed with other friends that I should use cat 6 to reach the 1gb.

my laptop specs: lenovo G400s
Ethernet (on the system board) •1G LAN

shouldnt i not receive cat 6 wire instead?
do i have to purchases it individually?

e/ living in serangoon north district
e/ i use LAN wire all the time to connect, not relying on wireless
 
Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Hi guys, i just had my installation for my MR.

issue is im being granted 100 mb/ps as per supposed advertised 1 gb
im using LAN wire to play dota, so no reliance on wireless..

MR provided me with cat 5e cable which i confirmed with other friends that I should use cat 6 to reach the 1gb.

my laptop specs: lenovo G400s
Ethernet (on the system board) •1G LAN

shouldnt i not receive cat 6 wire instead?
do i have to purchases it individually?

e/ living in serangoon north district
e/ i use LAN wire all the time to connect, not relying on wireless

What is the colour of the cable that MR provided?

Based on the information stated here, it is 10/100 LAN and not Gigabit LAN. You can go to Device Manager - Network adapters to double confirm again.
 

quarkz

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
876
Reaction score
5
Hi,

I am a new user of myrepublic. My service started a few wks ago. Last wk, I did a speed test and got 300+ mbps. I called support and the staff Faizal told me that my computer is not new enough. I'm now using a C2D E8400 CPU overclocked, with gigabit LAN. I was told I need preferably an I7 to get 1gbps. I asked him to send someone down to check. After confirming the appt, he told me I'll be charged $50+ for that. But I thought such service should be free, like what other providers did. He said it's because I did not test sufficiently using a new end comp. He did say that if their technicians also get 300+mbps, I will not be charged.

So my qn is how fast a comp do you need to get 1gbps? I thot gigabit lan should be enough? I do not have a fast comp to test, so how to check if it's my fault or myrepublic? Thanks!
 

Receptor

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2014
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
"With 802.11 b/g/n WiFi connectivity, 10/100 LAN"

sorry, but could have swore i saw this earlier on Ethernet 1gb from the lenovo website. is there a way I can up this?

through software update or smth?

what are my available options
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top