AC68U: 374.43_2 (Merlin build)
Fresh installation of Windows 7 on VMware
Cat6E Cable 1
Cat6 Cable 2
On my existing Windows 7 with Cat6E (Cable 1)
Cat6E Cable 1
Cat6 Cable 2
Have personally changed out the cables twice for the test to rule out any cable issues. Why this IP? This is the IP to be my VPN which I was gonna use to see if it helps with the crappy ping problems lately but apparently not. I
Ping to my router confirming that cable condition is not affecting latency
Ping to MR themselves
Ping to my Starhub connection
Ping results to 3 random Singapore CS:GO game servers
Pinging 107.6.113.178 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 107.6.113.178: bytes= - Pastebin.com
Pinging 116.251.223.56 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 116.251.223.56: byte - Pastebin.com
Pinging 119.81.57.254 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 119.81.57.254: bytes= - Pastebin.com
I'm not a networking engineer but I am more than savvy enough to know if my equipment is failing and have certainly done a fair share of troubleshooting on my end before coming on to the forum to complain about it.
This spike problem certainly doesn't 'affect every users of MR but a reasonable portion of it" since at the same time people started coming on to post of lag spikes and unresponsive page loading time and I being one of them.
Seeing how the forum assistance have turned to nothing, I'm not hoping that anyone will be able to jump in with a resolution but more or less to share it with MR users themselves and if anyone is having the same issue, call MR up and make them see that there is a problem and it is not just you alone.
Mr Justin one of the weekend supervisor of MR have already promised me and personally updated me since a good talk with him on a saturday night that they are looking into it from the back-end and I'll probably get another update on this coming Wednesday.
PS: I'm gonna dig out the old TP-LINK 1043ND once I can find it in the storeroom to do more test just to prove to some people that have a million and one reason to disprove someone's issue but I am pretty damn certain MR needs to fix something back there.
And if anyone need my system specs it is in my signature and no I'm not smirking but just to lighten the mood of this post, the specs is more than enough to wet a gaming geek.