MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binaries

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
PING 119.81.38.202 (119.81.38.202): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=0 ttl=59 time=3.775 ms
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=1 ttl=59 time=2.916 ms
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=2 ttl=59 time=2.944 ms
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=3 ttl=59 time=9.504 ms
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=4 ttl=59 time=3.011 ms

--- 119.81.38.202 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 2.916/4.430/9.504 ms

OH! Show me a tracert too so I can see if we're going through the same HOP. Appreciate it.

PS: I am doing my own monitoring, I left it on to check my ping to the gaming server while playing and here is the results from WinMTR.

BmDc6b7.png


Px60REA.png


Hop 3. :s13: How to not spike?
 
Last edited:

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
OH! Show me a tracert too so I can see if we're going through the same HOP. Appreciate it.

PS: I am doing my own monitoring, I left it on to check my ping to the gaming server while playing and here is the results from WinMTR.

BmDc6b7.png


Px60REA.png




Hop 3. :s13:

traceroute to 119.81.38.202 (119.81.38.202), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
1 172.20.0.1 (172.20.0.1) 2.684 ms * 3.471 ms
2 40GE-103-6-148-45.myrepublic.com.sg (103.6.148.45) 1.415 ms 2.794 ms 1.798 ms
3 36351.sgw.equinix.com (202.79.197.69) 3.156 ms 4.513 ms 1.782 ms
4 ae5.dar01.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (50.97.18.197) 3.287 ms 6.686 ms ae5.dar02.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (50.97.18.199) 20.566 ms
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * *
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
traceroute to 119.81.38.202 (119.81.38.202), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
1 172.20.0.1 (172.20.0.1) 2.684 ms * 3.471 ms
2 40GE-103-6-148-45.myrepublic.com.sg (103.6.148.45) 1.415 ms 2.794 ms 1.798 ms
3 36351.sgw.equinix.com (202.79.197.69) 3.156 ms 4.513 ms 1.782 ms
4 ae5.dar01.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (50.97.18.197) 3.287 ms 6.686 ms ae5.dar02.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (50.97.18.199) 20.566 ms
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * *

Mine after 7th hop and Trace completed.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
I just got my 1Gbps installed today. So far website access is all good, however I am getting only around 550Mbps wired on my desktop and only 350Mbps wired on my Laptop.

The difference in speed is obviously due to difference in the NIC chipset. I am guessing my old setup (Both from the C2D era) the onboard NIC can't do 1Gbps, but I will speak to MR about it see what they say.

Anyway anyone know where to get a decent NIC? PCIE or PCI will do.


P.S. The old ESR9850 can only do 150Mbps tops on wired. So those who are upgrading die die need to get new routers.

Managed to find out what happened. Its not MR nor its my computer.

Somehow on IE I was able to get the 950Mbps speed. On firefox or chrome I will get around 550Mbps. 3 different browser 3 different engine, only thing consistent is the Flash. Truth is the flash on IE seems to be build of a different way than that of the firefox and chrome one. :s22::s22:
 

Binaries

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Looks like 103.6.148.45 is doing ok. 103.6.148.49 which mine and some other users here.. are crapping out badly.

I have just submitted a request to have them route me through another IP until they decided they found out whats wrong and can fix it.
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
Looks like 103.6.148.45 is doing ok. 103.6.148.49 which mine and some other users here.. are crapping out badly.

I have just submitted a request to have them route me through another IP until they decided they found out whats wrong and can fix it.
You can request for that? Thru email?
 

mocax

Honorary Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
132,953
Reaction score
11,771
after swtiching off for nearly a week, I tried connecting again.

Initially surfing web watch video ok, then I go and play my online game GW2.
Then I noticed the in-game store (which is using http) not working although the world still working.
So I alt-tab back to desktop and refresh my browser, all the websites cannot load... :eek:

Then I alt-tab back into the game, all seems fine except for the in-game store.

I unplugged the cable and move it to Singtel fiber. Web and game both ok.

Seems like there's a routing issue at myrepublic? :s11:
 

Binaries

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
You can request for that? Thru email?

Probably not in any normal circumstances but my issue have been going on for 3 weeks now and apparently there are no findings nor resolution from them. I have lately got in touch with a few manager and supervisor from MR and have been hounding them for something.

From my email exchange with one of the nicest in-charge I have dealt with so far, I have raised up about rerouting me while the network team continues to monitor the situation, he replied me with this.

"During the course of all these, I do believe, there is a note to try to reroute you as well as one of the solution that is dated today. Therefore please allow my network guys to get back tomorrow."

I will not mention his name unnecessarily just in case everyone starts bugging him.. but he has been pushing things for me since the day I spoke to him, he even gave me his personal email just to be kept in the loop of the whole situation.. he is however not a networking guy and so he has his limitations of what he can do for me as well.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
UPDATE: Youku stopped working for me right now. LOL. It looks like a routing issue alright, which gets congested at night. Will continue to monitor.
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
UPDATE: Youku stopped working for me right now. LOL. It looks like a routing issue alright, which gets congested at night. Will continue to monitor.

But it mostly affects china sites.. sian

During the 1st 2 months upon being a subscriber, streaming was almost flawless.. But now lol can't even stream any media from pptv without using a vpn
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
But it mostly affects china sites.. sian

During the 1st 2 months upon being a subscriber, streaming was almost flawless.. But now lol can't even stream any media from pptv without using a vpn

last night around 1242 youku became blazing fast again.

if you have kept variables the same except VPN I would say PPtv actively restrict speed for non mainland Chinese ip. unless u are telling me your VPN doesn't go China, which means should be some routing thing
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Managed to find out what happened. Its not MR nor its my computer.

Somehow on IE I was able to get the 950Mbps speed. On firefox or chrome I will get around 550Mbps. 3 different browser 3 different engine, only thing consistent is the Flash. Truth is the flash on IE seems to be build of a different way than that of the firefox and chrome one. :s22::s22:

I have been getting 900+Mbps local download speed on Chrome every time I test.

Note: I also getting 900+Mbps local download speed on Firefox.
 

Binaries

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Managed to find out what happened. Its not MR nor its my computer.

Somehow on IE I was able to get the 950Mbps speed. On firefox or chrome I will get around 550Mbps. 3 different browser 3 different engine, only thing consistent is the Flash. Truth is the flash on IE seems to be build of a different way than that of the firefox and chrome one. :s22::s22:

Actually don't blame flash, it is your system :s13:

I can attest to what xRenol said, infact I did a test on all 3 browser for you.

IE
tRvCjG3.png


Firefox
BDvWEmT.png


Chrome
79abCOG.png


Looks pretty consistent in my opinion.
 

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
6,334
Reaction score
244
Actually don't blame flash, it is your system :s13:

I can attest to what xRenol said, infact I did a test on all 3 browser for you.

IE
tRvCjG3.png


Firefox
BDvWEmT.png


Chrome
79abCOG.png

Looks pretty consistent in my opinion.

actually both are correct. Using my old XP latop I got different speed using IE , FireFox and Chrome with IE having max out speed.

Using my newer I5 desktop, I3 Laptop and Macbook I got no difference using all 3 browser. sorry NPGT :s13:


forgotten to post here...yesterday after 9pm my China stream all CMI....
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
Anyway anyone know where to get a decent NIC? PCIE or PCI will do.

From what I know, your best bet for a good NIC is one based on the Intel Chipset. Looking from the pricelist, MediaPro (SLS, #05-59) and Cybermind has such NIC listed in the pricelist. You can go there take a look!
 

trashedbox

Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
I also gotten my 1GB yesterday.
No problem whatsoever.
(PS: i dont watch/stream from china website, so i cant comment on that)

Can help you guys to test if needed (whatever tracert thingy)
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
From what I know, your best bet for a good NIC is one based on the Intel Chipset. Looking from the pricelist, MediaPro (SLS, #05-59) and Cybermind has such NIC listed in the pricelist. You can go there take a look!

Ya. I am using an onboard Intel LAN.
 

_Xiphos_

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
0
seeing that most people only post when they have problems, i would like to know if there are peeps out there who are users of the 1gbps plans who have everything running smoothly?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top