MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERT

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
3
This is how SHITTY MR is! ****** up RSP!

Tracing route to member1.gds.taobao.com [42.120.180.98]

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 172.21.0.1
2 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 40GE-103-6-148-45.myrepublic.com.sg [103.6.148.45]
3 3 ms 1 ms 1 ms newmedia.ge9-8.br02.sin02.pccwbtn.net [63.218.107.154]
4 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms ge9-8.br02.sin02.pccwbtn.net [63.218.107.153]
5 * * 179 ms chinatelecom.pos9-0.cr02.hkg04.pccwbtn.net [63.218.61.190]
6 226 ms 222 ms * 202.97.60.17
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 179 ms 180 ms * 202.97.60.2
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * 97 ms * 61.164.31.130
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * 94 ms 100 ms 42.120.252.38
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 101 ms 103 ms 102 ms 42.120.180.98
 

ERT

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
3
Exercise your consumer rights!

Channel your frustrations to MyRepublic's trio on MR dismal internet experience & lackadaisical customer service their company has been providing:

Greg Mittman,
Malcolm Rodrigues,
KC Lai

You can ID them in the pic below.
DSC_04342-680x451.jpg
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
This is really funny and hey I think you're one of the few that realized this as well. Cheers! * and not to forget the ANYONE having speed issue PM me * lol, what happened to that? As usual bury and forget.



I have to disagree with this, based on all the people I knew till date Singnet actually have one of the most decent latency for gaming as compared to.. you know "Gamer Plan" catered for Gamers and every split second counts... :s22: I can't help but to relate them together but MR really reminds of me Starhub as we go.

And regarding the issue I had on hand.. Still waiting.

Haha... Do not forget where the CEO and co-founder is from.
 

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
6,334
Reaction score
244
not I say one hor but I quote
Co-founder and chief commercial officer KC Lai had previously served as senior vice-president for consumer sales at StarHub. He told reporters on Thursday that the company offers flexibility. “If we fail you, you’re free to leave.

means what har?

Chili sauce
 

ulancus

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Applied for recontract early this year and finally got my appointment today to swap the ONT to the new Alcatel-Lucent model. As I am using the Aztech powerplug, i went for the 300Mbps @ $39 instead of 1Gbps since i can never reach that kind of speed with my setup.

The technician came 1 hour earlier for my 2pm-6pm slot.
The replacement was completed in a mere 15 min.
Renew my router static IP and my Internet is up and running.

My Asus router had always been connected to the ONT via the Aztech powerplug. On the old ONT, I was only able to achieve around 60Mbps from the router. I just tested again and I was surprise to see the speed can now reach around 115Mbps now.

All in all, this has been a good experience for my MR re-contract.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
I just got my 1Gbps installed today. So far website access is all good, however I am getting only around 550Mbps wired on my desktop and only 350Mbps wired on my Laptop.

The difference in speed is obviously due to difference in the NIC chipset. I am guessing my old setup (Both from the C2D era) the onboard NIC can't do 1Gbps, but I will speak to MR about it see what they say.

Anyway anyone know where to get a decent NIC? PCIE or PCI will do.


P.S. The old ESR9850 can only do 150Mbps tops on wired. So those who are upgrading die die need to get new routers.
 

Binaries

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
After yesterday poor foul mouth kpkb, today all good liao, watching LeTV expendable 3 at 1080p no issue. Later try battlefield4. Wish me luck

Don't wanna a wet blanket to you but I'm sure you're gonna spike soon and you'll come back here soon because from what I know from them.. they are still monitoring and no resolution as of yet.
 
Last edited:

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
6,334
Reaction score
244
Don't wanna a wet blanket to you but I'm sure you're gonna spike soon and you'll come back here soon because from what I know from them.. they are still monitoring and no resolution as of yet.

Yeap..waiting for 8pm to see the spikes lol
 

Binaries

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Ping to MR speedtest IP ( speedtest.myrepublic.com.sg )

Pinging speedtest.myrepublic.com.sg [103.241.63.237] with 32 bytes of data: R - Pastebin.com

Totally smooth but ping to the MR hop that I have to go through woah.. disaster.

Pinging 103.6.148.49 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 103.6.148.49: bytes=32 - Pastebin.com

I did a random test to another MR IP since anything within the MR network itself is a direct connection without having to go through the hop(103.6.148.49) that is spiking.

Pinging 103.6.148.50 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 103.6.148.50: bytes=32 - Pastebin.com

This is a result to another MR IP on the same subnet.. and no issue with spikes at all.

I think for people that are spiking lately if they do a traceroute they will surely find similarity between all of us.. Going through 103.6.148.49
 
Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
PING 103.6.148.9 (103.6.148.9): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=0 ttl=63 time=4.061 ms
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=1 ttl=63 time=1.741 ms
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=2 ttl=63 time=2.898 ms
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=3 ttl=63 time=1.957 ms
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=4 ttl=63 time=2.069 ms

--- 103.6.148.9 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 1.741/2.545/4.061 ms

Used my router built in ping tool.. I'm also on MR network and the streaming has been horrendous since last week
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
After yesterday poor foul mouth kpkb, today all good liao, watching LeTV expendable 3 at 1080p no issue. Later try battlefield4. Wish me luck

Seriously, might as well use xbmc to watch instead..
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Seriously, might as well use xbmc to watch instead..

I just got my 1Gbps up today and right now my youku is doing highest quality without lag. Previously on the 100Mbps at night youku won't stream anymore

seems like different people different performance
 

Binaries

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
PING 103.6.148.9 (103.6.148.9): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=0 ttl=63 time=4.061 ms
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=1 ttl=63 time=1.741 ms
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=2 ttl=63 time=2.898 ms
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=3 ttl=63 time=1.957 ms
64 bytes from 103.6.148.9: seq=4 ttl=63 time=2.069 ms

--- 103.6.148.9 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 1.741/2.545/4.061 ms

Used my router built in ping tool.. I'm also on MR network and the streaming has been horrendous since last week

Bro can you do me a favor, do a tracert for me to 119.81.38.202 and let me see how your routing is like and we can do a comparison.

I just got my 1Gbps up today and right now my youku is doing highest quality without lag. Previously on the 100Mbps at night youku won't stream anymore

seems like different people different performance

Would appreciate if you can do the same bro.
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
Bro can you do me a favor, do a tracert for me to 119.81.38.202 and let me see how your routing is like and we can do a comparison.



Would appreciate if you can do the same bro.

Spike all the way

traceroute to 119.81.38.202 (119.81.38.202), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
1 172.20.0.1 (172.20.0.1) 3.089 ms * 5.146 ms
2 40GE-103-6-148-45.myrepublic.com.sg (103.6.148.45) 6.782 ms 3.119 ms 57.823 ms
3 36351.sgw.equinix.com (202.79.197.69) 1.729 ms 1.939 ms 3.937 ms
4 ae5.dar02.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (50.97.18.199) 3.186 ms ae5.dar01.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (50.97.18.197) 2.666 ms ae5.dar02.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (50.97.18.199) 3.494 ms
5 po1.fcr01.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (174.133.118.131) 3.011 ms * po2.fcr01.sr03.sng01.networklayer.com (174.133.118.133) 3.102 ms
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Bro can you do me a favor, do a tracert for me to 119.81.38.202 and let me see how your routing is like and we can do a comparison.



Would appreciate if you can do the same bro.

PING 119.81.38.202 (119.81.38.202): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=0 ttl=59 time=3.775 ms
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=1 ttl=59 time=2.916 ms
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=2 ttl=59 time=2.944 ms
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=3 ttl=59 time=9.504 ms
64 bytes from 119.81.38.202: seq=4 ttl=59 time=3.011 ms

--- 119.81.38.202 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 2.916/4.430/9.504 ms
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top