MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
I'm beginning to suspect that MR might be throttling bandwidth to china during a specified peak period on a daily basis recently. For those who are free to test, if you have any websites not loading properly at night, take note of it and see what time it recovers the next day.

For me, it's pptv. Cui after 9pm and magically recovers at 12pm the next day. Coincidence?
 

happychai

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
451
Reaction score
0
I'm beginning to suspect that MR might be throttling bandwidth to china during a specified peak period on a daily basis recently. For those who are free to test, if you have any websites not loading properly at night, take note of it and see what time it recovers the next day.

For me, it's pptv. Cui after 9pm and magically recovers at 12pm the next day. Coincidence?

this is the known problem that MR having difficulty for those who feq use china streaming / web site
very annoying on the laggy.
 

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
6,334
Reaction score
244
I'm beginning to suspect that MR might be throttling bandwidth to china during a specified peak period on a daily basis recently. For those who are free to test, if you have any websites not loading properly at night, take note of it and see what time it recovers the next day.

For me, it's pptv. Cui after 9pm and magically recovers at 12pm the next day. Coincidence?

Yep me from 9pm onwards all cui. Now working normal with stream at 1080p swee swee.....can sue them since they said no bandwidth throttling lol....joke only in case MR IB come in to shoot me....
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,659
Reaction score
9,411
me only hope soccer season start liao will be smooth smooth again :s12: or else Fri,Sat and Sun cant see ish beary sad de :(
 

Anybody

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
929
Reaction score
2
For me even surfing hardwarezone also suffers(better than China sites) and its been like that for weeks.
China sites even worse, its like taking forever to load, have to keep refreshing...
All day long but night time even worse :s8:
 

func7

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Hi MyRepublic 1Gbps Gamer plan users, I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me the server latency you get when gaming on US servers on games like diablo 3/ League of legends?

I'm looking to recontract my fibre plan, and I just want to know if the ping on the Gamer plan to US servers is lower than the 180-200ms I currently get.

I've also posted a thread over here, but have yet to hear from MR users so far. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...ood-isp-low-us-game-server-pings-4775433.html

Hope you guys can chime in with your pings!
 

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
6,334
Reaction score
244
Hi MyRepublic 1Gbps Gamer plan users, I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me the server latency you get when gaming on US servers on games like diablo 3/ League of legends?

I'm looking to recontract my fibre plan, and I just want to know if the ping on the Gamer plan to US servers is lower than the 180-200ms I currently get.

I've also posted a thread over here, but have yet to hear from MR users so far. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...ood-isp-low-us-game-server-pings-4775433.html

Hope you guys can chime in with your pings!

I think VQ better and MR seem to have alot of issue
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
Hi MyRepublic 1Gbps Gamer plan users, I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me the server latency you get when gaming on US servers on games like diablo 3/ League of legends?

I'm looking to recontract my fibre plan, and I just want to know if the ping on the Gamer plan to US servers is lower than the 180-200ms I currently get.

I've also posted a thread over here, but have yet to hear from MR users so far. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...ood-isp-low-us-game-server-pings-4775433.html

Hope you guys can chime in with your pings!

1Gbps Gamer Plan user here.

I was playing D3 (America server) actively a while back (1month+) .. waiting for the next patch update. The latency from in game is around 17x most of the time. If you want today latency.. I log in later tonight to check. Don't play LOL
 

mocax

Honorary Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
132,945
Reaction score
11,758
the latency seems ok if the game or video player doesn't use standard ports...

seems like port 80 is the most serious... :(
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
I have been getting 900+Mbps local download speed on Chrome every time I test.

Note: I also getting 900+Mbps local download speed on Firefox.

Actually don't blame flash, it is your system :s13:

I can attest to what xRenol said, infact I did a test on all 3 browser for you.

IE
tRvCjG3.png


Firefox
BDvWEmT.png


Chrome
79abCOG.png


Looks pretty consistent in my opinion.

actually both are correct. Using my old XP latop I got different speed using IE , FireFox and Chrome with IE having max out speed.

Using my newer I5 desktop, I3 Laptop and Macbook I got no difference using all 3 browser. sorry NPGT :s13:


forgotten to post here...yesterday after 9pm my China stream all CMI....

LOL so flash is not an issue. Since I can do 950Mbps means my system is not an issue, which means likely its my NIC driver not fancying Chrome or IE. Its from Marvell BTW.

Yep before 9pm I was doing Youku at the highest quality. After 9pm I was hitting F5 to refresh the page. :s13: Until 12+am it was back to God Mode again.

From what I know, your best bet for a good NIC is one based on the Intel Chipset. Looking from the pricelist, MediaPro (SLS, #05-59) and Cybermind has such NIC listed in the pricelist. You can go there take a look!

Thanks man I will check them out, but I will do more experiments with real world usage first see then I will decide if I wanna invest on a new NIC or not.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
1Gbps Gamer Plan user here.

I was playing D3 (America server) actively a while back (1month+) .. waiting for the next patch update. The latency from in game is around 17x most of the time. If you want today latency.. I log in later tonight to check. Don't play LOL

This is actually 10ms faster than my non gamer 1Gbps. In fact my Diablo 3 latency is the same as when I was on the 100Mbps plan.
 

IMKIEL

Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
54
hi, problems surfing taobao.com & Wi-fi keeps gets weak signal n breaking off..
anyone experiencing the same problems? cant surf taobao, the page load, the images all dont load, use phone 4G no problem. Wi-fi on phone cant connect well , always get msg that the connection is unstable, can anyone give advise on this? TIA
 

trashedbox

Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
hi, problems surfing taobao.com & Wi-fi keeps gets weak signal n breaking off..
anyone experiencing the same problems? cant surf taobao, the page load, the images all dont load, use phone 4G no problem. Wi-fi on phone cant connect well , always get msg that the connection is unstable, can anyone give advise on this? TIA

using 2.4ghz?
too many walls?
interference from cordless phones or microwave oven?
channels too crowded?
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
i've been having the same thoughts lately.. :(

For me too late as just renew this month....

More expensive and more experience would probably be the 2 factors. To me this doesn't mean anything, its what it actually should be

But if you compare Green or Red with VQ then maybe u will say..."wow red and green...what a shame...."

MR is small and the newest, but throw out a no brainer plan in terms of speed:price. Everybody will just rush into it, but they are unable to handle the huge influx, yet u can't tell customers to just go off somewhere else. So there you go, huge problems at first with the waiting and stuff, then take up the time for them to iron out network issues. Everything gets pushed back.

They should have do it like Qala last time, use quota, open a while sign some residential and close door. Maybe do it for the 1Gbps plan only (keep the 300Mbps one available to all), and give priority chance for existing customers to select first before opening remainder slots to new subscribers. Settle liao then open again if they are able to sustain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top