MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
Thanks for your previous answer to my queries.

is there any 1 month trial/no contract plan (at a slightly more expensive price also can, like additional $10)? I want to try before I commit to any 24 month contract

Currently don't have any no contract plan available, though we do have a 12 month contracts available at a slightly higher cost.

Bolts
 

Zelphon

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
267
Terms & Conditions for 1Gbps


  1. Price inclusive of GST.
  2. Based on a 24-month contract for all MyRepublic fibre broadband plans: 1Gbps ULTRA at $49.99/mth, 1Gbps GAMER at $59.99/mth.
    [*]A one-time standard service activation charge of $58 for ULTRA and GAMER applies under this promotion.
  3. Free $100 router voucher for use during sign-up only.
  4. Discount rates are valid for the duration of the contract, thereafter the plan's Usual subscription price of $89/month for ULTRA and $99/month for GAMER applies after contract plan ends.
  5. Only available to new customers who are not on an existing contract without a Contract Buyback promotion, and who do not have outstanding bills with MyRepublic. Existing customers may upgrade to this promotion.
  6. Only valid for National Broadband fibre-ready premises.
  7. Free subscription to MyRepublic Teleport included in this offer until June 2014. Opt-in Teleport subscription at $5/month available thereafter.
  8. If not an existing Home Voice user, Home Voice usage requires a one-time equipment and installation fee of $49.
  9. Free Home Voice features include free Home Voice subscription and free 30 minutes of IDD calls monthly to 20 select destinations at 8c/min listed until June 2014 on www.myrepublic.com.sg/add-ons/ or equivalent monthly IDD credit of $2.40/month per customer until June 2014. Home Voice will be charged at $2.88/month after June 2014.
  10. One-time charges may apply. See: List of One-Time Service Charges.
  11. Available for the first 10,000 customers or at the discretion of MyRepublic.
  12. Specific terms and conditions apply as advertised.
    MyRepublic reserves the right to replace the free Logitech G400s with an item of similar or equal value.
  13. Refer to www.myrepublic.com.sg/legal/terms-and-conditions.php for general terms and conditions.

This applies to existing MyRP clients as well?
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,030
Reaction score
8,285
i feel so left out and shortchanged. still paying original price of $60 while prices have been going down, and now $60 for 1Gbps... sigh.

actually u r saving money if u re-contract even with OTC, assuming u don't have any free months left. lets say u pay otc around $60 i believe.

after 6 months of bills from 49.90 per month u saved around 60bucks also which is equal wad u pay for the otc liao..

It's normal for this kind of things to drop one.. sooner or later it also benefit u.

But if u ask me, i say 1gbps for 49.90 is a good signing.. i don't really expect the price to drop any further or speed to increase since it's already unbelievable.

actually do MR do anything about ppl that re-contract with free months left.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
actually u r saving money if u re-contract even with OTC, assuming u don't have any free months left. lets say u pay otc around $60 i believe.

after 6 months of bills from 49.90 per month u saved around 60bucks also which is equal wad u pay for the otc liao..

It's normal for this kind of things to drop one.. sooner or later it also benefit u.

But if u ask me, i say 1gbps for 49.90 is a good signing.. i don't really expect the price to drop any further or speed to increase since it's already unbelievable.

actually do MR do anything about ppl that re-contract with free months left.

The only promotion that I can think of in the future is to offer Ultra 1Gbps @ $89 with free 11 month subscription.

Currently promotion
Ultra 1Gbps @ $49.99 = $49.99 x 24 months = $1,199.76

Future promotion (My guess)
Ultra 1Gbps @ $89 with free 11 months subscription = $89 x 13 months = $1,157 - Based on the past promotions, I highly suspect this will be the future promotion.

or

Ultra 1Gbps @ $89 with free 10 months subscription = $89 x 14 months = $1,246

The above is purely based on my personal guess.
 
Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,030
Reaction score
8,285
actually i think they stop doing the free months thing already.. coz it's quite bothersome for people to lose their free months if they recontract/upgrade.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
actually i think they stop doing the free months thing already.. coz it's quite bothersome for people to lose their free months if they recontract/upgrade.

It is down to individuals either to enjoy the cost savings upon completion of their existing contracts or start to enjoy the cost savings after a few months after breakdown.
 

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
7,355
Reaction score
1
The only promotion that I can think of in the future is to offer Ultra 1Gbps @ $89 with free 11 month subscription.

Currently promotion
Ultra 1Gbps @ $49.99 = $49.99 x 24 months = $1,199.76

Future promotion (My guess)
Ultra 1Gbps @ $89 with free 11 months subscription = $89 x 13 months = $1,157 - Based on the past promotions, I highly suspect this will be the future promotion.

or

Ultra 1Gbps @ $89 with free 10 months subscription = $89 x 14 months = $1,246

The above is purely based on my personal guess.

Sad to say I think its highly likely .I gonna wait and be patient too this time cause I dislike getting short end of the stick:s12:.
 

downtown11

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
I'm currently paying $59 per month. I think I'm supposed to get 2-3 months free at the end of my contract. So if I sign up for this new 1gbps thing not only do I have to pay for the OTC, on top of that all my free months gone case liao?

What's my current plan anyway, 100Mbps or 150Mbps etc...? Thanks.

My customer id no. is : C1005470

For those that are enjoying free months. Go ahead and sign up and request for installation after the end of current contract.

My contract has free months. It is ending Oct 2014. Which are the free months left?

So if I upgrade to ULTRA and ask for waiver for installation, what about the remaining free months I'm entitled? (since 2 months will be worth more than $58 of installation).
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
Sad to say I think its highly likely .I gonna wait and be patient too this time cause I dislike getting short end of the stick:s12:.

You can wait for future promotions (if there is) if your contract still has a long way to go.

My contract has free months. It is ending Oct 2014. Which are the free months left?

So if I upgrade to ULTRA and ask for waiver for installation, what about the remaining free months I'm entitled? (since 2 months will be worth more than $58 of installation).

If I never remember wrongly, the free months are either 11th, 12th, 22nd, 23rd and 24th month or 10th, 11th, 12th, 23rd and 24th month

I think your remaining free months will be forfeited because upgrading to Ultra 1Gbps will overwrite your existing contract.
 

racife

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
0


speed is still like that since last night, already rebooted ont, router, comp.

can anyone help?
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
You can wait for future promotions (if there is) if your contract still has a long way to go.



If I never remember wrongly, the free months are either 11th, 12th, 22nd, 23rd and 24th month or 10th, 11th, 12th, 23rd and 24th month

I think your remaining free months will be forfeited because upgrading to Ultra 1Gbps will overwrite your existing contract.

I'm thinking if it's possible to install the 1Gbps at a later date. As my current contract ends in June, it will be good if the 1Gbps installation can be after that. So that at the same time I can complete my free months + enjoy the current price.
 

ilovetoeat

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
36
I'm an existing customer on 59 per month 100 Mbps, if I upgrade, will I lose out on the 6 months waiver?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top