MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
hmm how to request installation after the end of contract? (July 2014)
I signed up for Ultra... but don't remember a field allowing us to key in such details
 

cyberet

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2001
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
329
Roughly 4 months +

I believe you have to forfeit your free months.
if your current one is sufficient for you now, why upgrade? I don't intend to upgrade before my contract ends as I don't need the speed, and my wifi can't go any higher than 200+mbps
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
hmm how to request installation after the end of contract? (July 2014)
I signed up for Ultra... but don't remember a field allowing us to key in such details

That should be in the next step when they call u during the Quarter u are assigned. Like mine is Q2 so I expect them to call during the period April to June.

That call is to schedule installation, should be able to tell them to come after your contract ends. Take note if you have free months, u can actually consider if u wanna "trade in" to get the 1Gbps installed earlier.

Like mine I have 2 months free, so I can ask them to come May which I will lose 2 months, or June which I jiak 1 month, Or after June to jiak 2 months.

MR staff correct me if I am wrong.
 

CoolRock

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
13,271
Reaction score
772
If my contract expires this July and the scheduled installation date is Q2, still need to pay OTC?
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
If my contract expires this July and the scheduled installation date is Q2, still need to pay OTC?

Current word is: will tio OTC if still have contract. So yes since Q2 is Apr-Jun.

But we have few months to see if things might change + can always try schedule installation 1 day after contract end :s13::s13:
 

dominicwor2

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
4,400
Reaction score
36
You can test with your wired connection via the router.

If still no Internet connection, try connect directly to the ONT.

Tried both but still can't connect to internet despite there's connection.
What's wrong really???
 
Last edited:

ilovetoeat

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
36
I believe you have to forfeit your free months.
if your current one is sufficient for you now, why upgrade? I don't intend to upgrade before my contract ends as I don't need the speed, and my wifi can't go any higher than 200+mbps

Uh cause im paying 59 per month for 100 mbps while they are offering 1gbps for 50?? its even cheaper than what i pay man..
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,425
Reaction score
4,162
my payment didn't went through, is it possible to waive off the $10 admin fee? can anyone from MR kindly pm me?
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,030
Reaction score
8,285
ppl on contract wif MR can only get it at q3? my fren wanna sign for it.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,030
Reaction score
8,285
if ur free months are over then its cheaper, cos it overrides the contract.

i know it's unfair for people that r upgrading if they haven't used their free months.

That's why they already stop giving contracts with free months, it makes it hard for the customer and themselves because most customers will negotiate over the situation for MR to work something out for them.

On another note the price is still around the same (300mbps) if u calculate the total, so it's also not an issue with the newer price plans.

I just need to say that the prices were really well done.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,030
Reaction score
8,285
Current Plan
$59 x 18 months = $1,062

vs

Ultra 1Gbps Plan
$58 (OTC) + $49.99 x 24 months = $1,257.76

You judge for yourself.

if 59 is for pure, then u should compare it against the pure 300mbps plan not ultra 1gbps.

Old pure 100mbps plan
$59 x 18 = $1,062

Pure 300mbps plan
$58 OTC + ($39.99 x 24 months) = $1,017.76
 

downtown11

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
MR, it's so CONFUSING for us existing customers with all the OTC waiver, free months, upgrades.

Can you hand down a simplified version for us existing customer how existing free months and OTC waiver will be dealt so we can get on the 1gbps asap at $49.99 and not lose out? You should take care of pioneer customers like us.

No point leave room for so much ambiguity. It's kinda frustrating as I don't wana spend time evaluating whether upgrading makes sense or not. I just need a clear cut policy from you guys that upgrading now totally makes sense for existing customers so I can spend more time slaying monsters or using your 299,792,458m/s network speed.
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
MR, it's so CONFUSING for us existing customers with all the OTC waiver, free months, upgrades.

Can you hand down a simplified version for us existing customer how existing free months and OTC waiver will be dealt so we can get on the 1gbps asap at $49.99 and not lose out? You should take care of pioneer customers like us.

No point leave room for so much ambiguity. It's kinda frustrating as I don't wana spend time evaluating whether upgrading makes sense or not. I just need a clear cut policy from you guys that upgrading now totally makes sense for existing customers so I can spend more time slaying monsters or using your 299,792,458m/s network speed.

When you "upgrade " the old contract is gone. Thus, for free months customer they can request to "upgrade" at the end of their current contract.
 

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
98
I just want to double check. I'm paying 38 per month now for Pure and my contract ends 09-03-2015.

If I sign up now, does the 49 per month kicks in this month or after installation?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top