MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
193
MyRepublic just called me telling me that if I upgrade to 1Gbps now, I'll have to forfeit an upcoming free 3 months from my contract.

I might have been willing to accept this if your 1Gbps rollout meant that I could get an earlier installation date instead of being scheduled to a later quarter. But hey it's been five months and all the hype's died down.

Guys, this isn't your best customer retention policy.

From what I know, the forfeit on the upcoming free 3 months is only applicable if the 1Gbps installation date is before your contract ended. You can choose to install after your contract ends.

Probably any MR staff here can clarify on this point?
 

jameshong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
843
Reaction score
3
Correct me if I am wrong, I thought the Big 3 and VQ also do not offer additional promotions or discount on top of the current promotions for existing customers. Customers just recontract with the available promotions when their contract ended.

The rest I am not sure but for Red team, existing customer can call their retention department to request 2 extras months waive on top the PC show promo.... :s12:.
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
After going through more than a month of waiting, anger and bad services, finally terminated the totally horrible MyRepublic 1Gbps fibre broadband. I do not want to go through the details but hope this act as a warning to consumers who intend to sign up now. Seriously, crap services ! Missed appointment, wasted my time, still dare to ask for termination fee when nothing was setup properly. Do note that you will never get that kind of speed and that's why the broadband plan is cheap. Their network is unreliable. Always down every other two weeks. Save the trouble from signing up with them. Seriously, the 3 main telco Singtel, M1 and StarHub have better services than MyRepublic. Save yourself and trouble from going through the sh*t I had experienced. It's not worth it !

So did you have to pay for termination?
 

dagobah

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
953
Reaction score
140
No idea actually. But from what I see, they dont have any promo subsidizing new user. The promo is roughly the same for both.
but anyway... like what I mentioned in my previous post, my main complain is about uncertainty + extra cost when waiting for this uncertain thing.
If lets say MR charge me $46/month (59 pure - 5month waiver) while waiting for 1GBPS upgrade installation (say... starting from the date I submit recontract application) I will be much happier and much more willing to wait for installation date.

why not call them up to see if this compromise can be met?
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2001
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
I just signed up for a re-contract offer, 300 Mbps PURE 39.99/mth. Will see how it goes. For the past 2 yrs MR had been great, and I am giving them a chance to prove themselves despite the bad experience that others are suffering.
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
I just signed up for a re-contract offer, 300 Mbps PURE 39.99/mth. Will see how it goes. For the past 2 yrs MR had been great, and I am giving them a chance to prove themselves despite the bad experience that others are suffering.

Why never go for 1Gbps? only $10 more:s11:
 

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
19
Sign up too early you lost your free mths ,sign up too late like me wait indefinetely 1mth++ still have to pay for 58/mth .Both lose lose situation for exisiting customers .

Your best chance is to wait for sep IT show offers then jump ship OR
pray more of their current customers (like me )get fed up with their waiting game and terminate their services so they can free up slots for you in sep to recontract and install on time.

yeah. I feel MR a bit too kiasu/calculative with charging upgrade fee if installation before contract end + charge "normal" rate when waiting for installation if no contract. Make it difficult for customer to make decision.
Why not just start the new contract + charge new price even while waiting for install, I doubt anyone will complain.

why not call them up to see if this compromise can be met?
i did. via chat. they only ask me to be patient + give them more chance :)
 

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
7,355
Reaction score
1
i did. via chat. they only ask me to be patient + give them more chance :)

Sorry my patience is already reached after waiting 1+ mth .So sry my limit not as good as those who wait 3++ mths :s8:.\

I believed many existing MR users given them enough time/ chances as it may seem , but they offer little kind of apology nor gesture of kindness for this delay while aggressively seeking new users in pc shows .

I given them enough chances already but who give my bank account/CC chances :D? If they dun want me as a customer so be it but I ain't gonna to beg cause I am a CONSUMER not a BEGGAR!

Going to jump ship liao .
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
193
yeah. I feel MR a bit too kiasu/calculative with charging upgrade fee if installation before contract end + charge "normal" rate when waiting for installation if no contract. Make it difficult for customer to make decision.
Why not just start the new contract + charge new price even while waiting for install, I doubt anyone will complain.

If the new contract monthly subscription is more expensive than the previous one, do you still want MR to start the new contract and charge you the new monthly subscription while waiting for the installation?
 

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
19
If the new contract monthly subscription is more expensive than the previous one, do you still want MR to start the new contract and charge you the new monthly subscription while waiting for the installation?
no. but then its out of topic already isnt it ?
Im giving a comment/feedback based on current situation. meaning current old price, new price, and offer available.
If the situation is not as what it is now, we will be having different discussion altogether.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
193
ST and VQ also encountered with RSPs not being informed by OpenNet about insufficient fibre capacity before the order to OpenNet is placed.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
193
no. but then its out of topic already isnt it ?
Im giving a comment/feedback based on current situation. meaning current old price, new price, and offer available.
If the situation is not as what it is now, we will be having different discussion altogether.

I am also referring to current situation.

If one is on MR PURE plan which is $59/month, and he/she opt to recontract to Gamer Ultra 1Gbps at $59.99/month. Isn't it more expensive?
 

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
19
ST and VQ also encountered with RSPs not being informed by OpenNet about insufficient fibre capacity before the order to OpenNet is placed.
sure. but problem with open net is nothing new. been there since day 1 already.
its definitely possible (and IMHO reasonable) to build your business plan and customer offering based on assumption that open net will be having issues. again. and again. and again.
unless open net has proven themselves otherwise.
 

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
19
I am also referring to current situation.

If one is on MR PURE plan which is $59/month, and he/she opt to recontract to Gamer Ultra 1Gbps at $59.99/month. Isn't it more expensive?
you are right. sorry. did not think of that combination possibility
ok lah.. add 1 catch all clause say whichever price is lower. can ?? :)

but anyway... im just trying to point out that its definitely possible for MR to make their offering more attractive and less confusing. especially to existing customer. Sure it may cost MR some amount of money (eg $13*3 month waiting for 100mbps pure upgrading to 1gbps ultra having to wait for 3 months) but its still much less than subsidy for breaking contract for new subscriber.
 
Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
193
sure. but problem with open net is nothing new. been there since day 1 already.
its definitely possible (and IMHO reasonable) to build your business plan and customer offering based on assumption that open net will be having issues. again. and again. and again.
unless open net has proven themselves otherwise.

I agreed that MR is also not proactive to follow up with the affected customers on the installation status.

you are right. sorry. did not think of that combination possibility
ok lah.. add 1 catch all clause say whichever price is lower. can ?? :)

In reality, it is not always the case that the consumers will benefit the most. However, MR staff mentioned that they will still charge at the previous contract price instead of the usual price while waiting for the 1Gbps installation but I think one has to call in to double confirm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top