MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
You can do a hard reset on your router to reset the password.

Will that affect any settings that the technician might have done during the installation that will be change? Things that I might have to change back

(Sorry for the silly question previously when I was on Singtel there was an additional user and password in order to connect to the broadband instead of just having to plug in the router and it works immediately)

On a side note ever since my Twitch has been working on Source now my YouTube buffers on 1080p.....? :s11::s22:
 
Last edited:

MRUSER

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
I called MR's hotline just now and I gave up after waiting 1 hour :(

Just thinking if I will be charged on my handphone bill by waiting for the call to go through on their answering machine...?

Come on... Call the hotline for more than 1 hour and still no one ans.. Dont tell me at this hour still got lots of others calling???!!!!

Please REMOVE your 24/7 Tech support!!!! Is having your recording on with no one manning means having 24/7 tech support????

Do IDA set any requirement on the waiting time to approve your so called 24/7 tech support???
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
I just reset my RT-AC68u cos I forgot my router password and just set a new one, did all the standard setup like wifi pass, now when I speedtest it seems I'm capped at 95Mbps for both download and upload. Before I reset my speeds were fine. I am on 1Gbps. Anyone know what router settings I need to change?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3593160331.png

EDIT: I just did a reboot and it fixed it

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3593172217.png

What can I do to get higher than 700?
 
Last edited:

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
i know MR has Teleport already but just want to ask if anyone on MR subscribe to any VPN, and what is the transfer rate like? wonder if there is a VPN service that can provide a 1gbps bandwidth =:p
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Wah.. This source don't need a VPN and hosted in Singapore. Such VPN service dun exists IMHO. :)

i browsed a few of their sites, some claim unlimited bandwidth etc. then on top of that some state the list of servers + total bandwidth it can provide based on individual server (goes like over 300000mbps). :eek:
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Will that affect any settings that the technician might have done during the installation that will be change? Things that I might have to change back

(Sorry for the silly question previously when I was on Singtel there was an additional user and password in order to connect to the broadband instead of just having to plug in the router and it works immediately)

On a side note ever since my Twitch has been working on Source now my YouTube buffers on 1080p.....? :s11::s22:

Yes, it will reset the settings to default.

Did the technician configure any setting during the installation?
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
My static IP service still unavailable after 1 month of service reactivation. C1010035
 

bovi77

Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2012
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
I just got a call from MR regarding my upgrade to 1gbps. Is it worth to switch now? I'm on 100mbps?

i'd say go for singnet. with their current free months promo, MR is expensive when you factor in the poorer network performance and crappy customer service. I know since my neighbour is on singnet while I am on MR and we compare. Singnet direct download, torrent also no problem.

Singnet VOIP service offers unlimited free calls but MR is 1000mins & the subsequent per sec/min charge isn't attractive.
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
I just got a call from MR regarding my upgrade to 1gbps. Is it worth to switch now? I'm on 100mbps?

I'm also waiting for them to install my new 1Gbps line so I can't really give much advice.

Just want to tell you that should not listen to anyone who compare their MR line with their "neighbour" using another ISP as such comparison is very subjective.

If you're happy with the currently 100mbps line @ $59/m (I suppose), why hesitate upgrading to 1Gbps at $49/m? You won't lose anything.

I have also had the same hesitation before confirming to recontract but then my wife told me "if you're happy with the current one, why risk the change? who can be sure that the other vendor will not cause any problem?"
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
I'm also waiting for them to install my new 1Gbps line so I can't really give much advice.

Just want to tell you that should not listen to anyone who compare their MR line with their "neighbour" using another ISP as such comparison is very subjective.

If you're happy with the currently 100mbps line @ $59/m (I suppose), why hesitate upgrading to 1Gbps at $49/m? You won't lose anything.

I have also had the same hesitation before confirming to recontract but then my wife told me "if you're happy with the current one, why risk the change? who can be sure that the other vendor will not cause any problem?"

When I was thinking of jumping to MR 1Gbps plan, my wife said: "Since you are happy with your present isp, why change it? Never change something that is working fine for you."
 

terabytez

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
4,191
Reaction score
0
MR called up to fix an appointment date for my 300 pure plan :D looking forward to it.

Though I wonder why can't installation be during weekends...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top