MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
Anyone have any idea when they are suppose to receive their first bill after installation? Mine was installed on 14 of June but until now still haven't receive the bill yet. I have emailed the MR billing department about this but they still haven't reply to me. I'm just concerned that will send me an accumulation of a few months of bill.

Within 1-2 weeks they will attempt to start the credit card charging. It is e-bill in your MR account in the web portal
 

Racolas

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

Have my plan upgraded from PURE to 1Gbps today but my speedtest result still crappy. 90+ Mbps for download and 110+ Mbps for upload. Anyone can help on this?

* Using ASUS N56 and Aztech 500Mbps homeplugs.

I understand though cannot achieve max speed but shldn't be so bad right?
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Hi Guys,

Have my plan upgraded from PURE to 1Gbps today but my speedtest result still crappy. 90+ Mbps for download and 110+ Mbps for upload. Anyone can help on this?

* Using ASUS N56 and Aztech 500Mbps homeplugs.

I understand though cannot achieve max speed but shldn't be so bad right?

100Mbps on homeplug is pretty high already. these are Homeplug AV 115EP? passthrough versions.

What is your homeplug reading? on the device itself should have green/orange/red light. Green indicates good signal... but actual transmit rate have to use the software to dig in.
 

Racolas

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
100Mbps on homeplug is pretty high already. these are Homeplug AV 115EP? passthrough versions.

What is your homeplug reading? on the device itself should have green/orange/red light. Green indicates good signal... but actual transmit rate have to use the software to dig in.

The homeplug are the passthrough version. Aztech 500Mbps.
Currently I'm getting green signal so should be good just that the speed don't make up.
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
The homeplug are the passthrough version. Aztech 500Mbps.
Currently I'm getting green signal so should be good just that the speed don't make up.

there are two types 500Mbps passthrough version as well. one model has 2 ports one model has only 1. the 2 ports version is actually limited to 100Mbps per port..

it is highly likely that yours is the 1 port version. have you tried to move around your electrical devices. like not plug them beside your homeplug.

i still advice you to view the actual link rate in the aztech software..

taken from their website, the light indicator are as follows:

Green is best: Connection rate is more than 105Mbps
Amber is better: Connection rate is between 40 to 105Mbps
Red is Good: Connection rate is less than 40Mbps

Means 105Mbps is also considered green.


Edit: Also, can verify that both ends are using Cat 6 cables?

N56u <- cat 6 -> homeplug1 <--> homeplug 2 <- cat 6 -> computer
 
Last edited:

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
The homeplug are the passthrough version. Aztech 500Mbps.
Currently I'm getting green signal so should be good just that the speed don't make up.

I am using the newer 600mbps version and previous the 500mbps version of the Aztech homeplug. None of them was able to hit a consistent 150Mbps up or down. Thus the results in your case reflects the bottleneck is most likely due to the homeplug and the speed your getting is approx where this product can perform.
 

PaulKami

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2008
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
I cant watch any twitch streams, am on the 1gbps plan. Using lan cable connecting directly to the router. Even my phone on SH 3.5g data can buffer on high settings. MR having difficulty playing medium settings.

Wonder if anyone else having same issue as us? Same thing goes, totally can't watch any twitch streams. For sure it's MR's fault (or twitch's) since I can watch routing through proxy tunneling...
 

dagobah

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
952
Reaction score
140
Anyone have any idea when they are suppose to receive their first bill after installation? Mine was installed on 14 of June but until now still haven't receive the bill yet. I have emailed the MR billing department about this but they still haven't reply to me. I'm just concerned that will send me an accumulation of a few months of bill.

GIRO? If it is. High chance process not get through.
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,028
Reaction score
8,286
After 2 years still can't watch twitch smoothly, what's the issue?
2 years man.. not 2 months.
 

ToOtWaI

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2001
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
[resolved http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/86945835-post6723.html]

hi, I just gotten an upgrade to 1gbps and I am getting slow download but good upload. any idea what could cause it?

Untitled.png
 
Last edited:

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
hi, I just gotten an upgrade to 1gbps and I am getting slow download but good upload. any idea what could cause it?

Untitled.png

can provide more details of your current computer + set up (how it is connected to the router) + what router is being used.

a direct computer-to-ONT connection test will be good also, to see if the router needs upgrading.
 

ToOtWaI

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2001
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
can provide more details of your current computer + set up (how it is connected to the router) + what router is being used.

a direct computer-to-ONT connection test will be good also, to see if the router needs upgrading.

N66U. wired. I tried direct to ONT and managed to get 400+mbps down but the up dropped to 300+ :s13: and fluctuating badly. :s22:
 

kicknikuku

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
9,260
Reaction score
349
Wonder if anyone else having same issue as us? Same thing goes, totally can't watch any twitch streams. For sure it's MR's fault (or twitch's) since I can watch routing through proxy tunneling...

I can't watch too. Made a few posts in this thread already.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top