MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Fristly, i had checked quite a few time and what is reflected is the codes for last year.

Secondly, I had been using NIS for sometime and I dun think i owe anyone the explanation of why i choose NIS over other anti-virus. I am comfortable with it and so i choose to use it.

Thirdly, I had raised this queries to them way before i started posting over here. I do not shoot at the first instance, but had given time for the response, which I had get none initially. As mentioned before, I do not mind getting the NIS code myself, but if it is part of the promise from MR to its customer, I do not want to have a set of code lying around for nothing. If MR response promptly to my query on this issue, just telling me whether it is still providing the NIS code or not, I don't think I would be posting here.

Lastly, to each his own on what a person can and cannot tolerate. Maybe to some, this is small issue. To me, apart from acceptable internet connection, customer service is part of the package. And the reason why I choose MR in the very first place. The customer service response was much better than the Big 3. But it has drop quite substantially lately. Expansion of a company should not equates to the drops in the standard of customer service.

I didn't say you owe me or anyone an explanation on using NIS. What I am trying to do is to provide you with suggestions on what to do other than buying the key yourself or waiting for a reply. My method: telling you that NIS isn't that spectacular and hence take this chance to explore some other solutions, paid or even free.

I did not discount the fact you might have been asking them before the weekend. Look at my post: my point was for you to cut them some slack since its the weekend. From what I see, your rage/post in the thread is fueled by the fact that you are flying off on Monday and you still haven't got the key. Therefore I gave you some reassurances that you won't get hit with if someone don't come up with some potent virus during your absence or anyone mouse-clicky happy is not using your computer.

Yes you can have your own yardstick of tolerance. However I find your tolerance rather skewed when it comes to customer service of a internet service provider.
 

yanbros

Master Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
2,846
Reaction score
1
Same here. Saturday night i think. Keep dc. Must keep restart then can work.

try restarting your router and ont

It was after the firmware upgrade that it became unstable. Hope they come out with a new upgrade soon to fix this.
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
What the **** MR. Why my LoL ping increase to 10k? :vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

That's a lousy game on lousy servers. I don't think it's ISP's fault.

All these MR problems.. When small they can 'seem' to be more personal and different, as a way to attract more customers, like super responsive on forum. Now that they hv a base and operate a larger company slowly becoming same as the big boys, it's all abt the $$$! Trying out another provider once contract is up!

You may try but all providers will have problems. It's up to you to choose to ignore them, or to get pissed. Some times the problem is that every month when you see the bill, you may wonder why didn't I save $20/month for my kid's milk.

yea bro. Damm piss. Whats wrong with their billing!

Seriously why i would even sign up for this. Should have go with VQ

Lolz wrong billing is a small and very common issue, that's why all providers out there has a billing contact number for you to call in.

I called in for the $58 service installation charge and they cancelled it for me on the spot.

Email their billing dept and check with them.

Emailing is the worst. Why not just call or chat with them online? Email got no reply and he will come here complain again...
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
my 1Gbps stuck at these speeds for months liao

Last Result:
Download Speed: 354648 kbps (44331 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 474892 kbps (59361.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 2 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
7/14/2014 11:13:20 AM

what's wrong ah
latest AC68U firmware also :/
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
my 1Gbps stuck at these speeds for months liao

Last Result:
Download Speed: 354648 kbps (44331 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 474892 kbps (59361.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 2 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
7/14/2014 11:13:20 AM

what's wrong ah
latest AC68U firmware also :/

try to test on direct ONT?

My suggestion: stop paying, call in and tell them you will report to CASE and submit a small claim to get back whatever you have paid.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
try to test on direct ONT?

My suggestion: stop paying, call in and tell them you will report to CASE and submit a small claim to get back whatever you have paid.

haven't try.
used to get 950+ on the same configuration...

---
guess I really have to call to sort this out and that activation/installation fee billing too

---
what happened sia... they used to be so prompt on forums and on twitter :/
 

Anybody

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
929
Reaction score
2
my 1Gbps stuck at these speeds for months liao

Last Result:
Download Speed: 354648 kbps (44331 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 474892 kbps (59361.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 2 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
7/14/2014 11:13:20 AM

what's wrong ah
latest AC68U firmware also :/

I am having this problem also, using AC68 too.
Flash to latest firmware at first can get 900 plus.
After few weeks of usage, it started to dropped to around 300 plus.

Tested direct to ONT can get good speed though.
Thought the latest firmware solved this issue but its not... :(
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
haven't try.
used to get 950+ on the same configuration...

---
guess I really have to call to sort this out and that activation/installation fee billing too

---
what happened sia... they used to be so prompt on forums and on twitter :/

I am having this problem also, using AC68 too.
Flash to latest firmware at first can get 900 plus.
After few weeks of usage, it started to dropped to around 300 plus.

Tested direct to ONT can get good speed though.
Thought the latest firmware solved this issue but its not... :(

If possible, test with direct connection from ONT to see if the same issue occurs.
 

Anybody

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
929
Reaction score
2
If possible, test with direct connection from ONT to see if the same issue occurs.

Tested direct to ONT, can get around 800 with my old mac book.

So I guess most likely it's the router issue.
Been flashing a lot of times and problem will come back after few weeks.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Tested direct to ONT, can get around 800 with my old mac book.

So I guess most likely it's the router issue.
Been flashing a lot of times and problem will come back after few weeks.

I am using AC56U with the latest official firmware and still getting around 900+Mbps.

So I am not sure if the issue is pertaining to just AC68U firmware because some people who are on AC68U also never encounter it.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
Tested direct to ONT, can get around 800 with my old mac book.

So I guess most likely it's the router issue.
Been flashing a lot of times and problem will come back after few weeks.

paid $200+ for this AC68U upgrade...
if the firmware issues keep coming up, it's really disappointing :/
 

jonathan1991

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
can anyone help optimize my speed?
Using AC56U, recently installed 1gbps , like 2 days ago.
Last Result: Download Speed: 288842 kbps (36105.3 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 160454 kbps (20056.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Using cabled connection to router. Cat6 cable
 
Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
can anyone help optimize my speed?
Using AC56U, recently installed 1gbps , like 2 days ago.
Last Result: Download Speed: 288842 kbps (36105.3 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 160454 kbps (20056.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Using cabled connection to router.

1. Have you tested with direct connection from ONT?

2. Have you updated the router with the latest firmware?
 

jonathan1991

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
1. Have you tested with direct connection from ONT?

2. Have you updated the router with the latest firmware?

Connection with ONT : result Last Result: Download Speed: 308452 kbps (38556.5 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 138279 kbps (17284.9 KB/sec transfer rate)


Firmware version updated as of asus website
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.374_5656
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
what computer is used to test the speed? sometimes the NIC in the computer although gigabit.. but give alot of problem :(
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Connection with ONT : result Last Result: Download Speed: 308452 kbps (38556.5 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 138279 kbps (17284.9 KB/sec transfer rate)


Firmware version updated as of asus website
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.374_5656

After you updated the firmware version, did you perform a reset on your router?

The speed is around 300+Mbps since day 1?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top