MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

raguraman

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
My AC68U router CPU temperature is always 100C-105C, although it is well ventilated. Can someone help to check yours please ? Probably I may need to take it to ASUS support.

To Check:

On Stock firmware, Enable telnet in Administration>System>Apply
Telnet to your router, login as admin and issue the following command

cat /proc/dmu/temperature

On Merlin firmware, Please go to Tools>Sysinfo and you can find the details at the bottom.

Thanks in advance :).
 

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
55,968
Reaction score
2,301
My AC68U router CPU temperature is always 100C-105C, although it is well ventilated. Can someone help to check yours please ? Probably I may need to take it to ASUS support.

To Check:

On Stock firmware, Enable telnet in Administration>System>Apply
Telnet to your router, login as admin and issue the following command

cat /proc/dmu/temperature

On Merlin firmware, Please go to Tools>Sysinfo and you can find the details at the bottom.

Thanks in advance :).
Mine is around 86C.
Are you overclocking your AC68U?
What version is your CFE?
 

raguraman

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Mine is around 86C.
Are you overclocking your AC68U?
What version is your CFE?

Thanks for your quick response Bro.

No, I am not overclocking. I observed high temperatures in Merlin and TomatoUSB (Shibby). So switched back to stock ( 3.0.0.4.376_1663). Still same status !!
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
My AC68U router CPU temperature is always 100C-105C, although it is well ventilated. Can someone help to check yours please ? Probably I may need to take it to ASUS support.

To Check:

On Stock firmware, Enable telnet in Administration>System>Apply
Telnet to your router, login as admin and issue the following command

cat /proc/dmu/temperature

On Merlin firmware, Please go to Tools>Sysinfo and you can find the details at the bottom.

Thanks in advance :).

That kind of temp can fry eggs liow. My n66u is always hovering around 60 or less
 

maylyn

Master Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
4,861
Reaction score
77
Last edited:

ryanseah

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
0
Quick question:

I just got my 1Gbps upgrade today. When I connect directly to the router, Speedtest shows 900+ for dl. But once I switch to wireless, it's a pathetic 20+Mbps.

Is the router my bottleneck since I'm using a N66u? Or is there some other setting I need to do? Thanks!
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Quick question:

I just got my 1Gbps upgrade today. When I connect directly to the router, Speedtest shows 900+ for dl. But once I switch to wireless, it's a pathetic 20+Mbps.

Is the router my bottleneck since I'm using a N66u? Or is there some other setting I need to do? Thanks!

Wireless issue. your device adapter not good enough.
Do use the 5GHz band too.
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
I'm using an Intel AC 3160 adaptor on my laptop, and on the 5Ghz band, any suggestions on what settings i can try?

It might sound silly, but does your 2.4 and 5 ghz have seperate SSID or are they the same.

If the same, your one might connect to 2.4Ghz as it have stronger signal.
 

ryanseah

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
0
It might sound silly, but does your 2.4 and 5 ghz have seperate SSID or are they the same.

If the same, your one might connect to 2.4Ghz as it have stronger signal.

Haha nah, they have separate SSIDs

Just puzzled why the WiFi is so slow, wonder if I need to change my Intel 3160 or my N66u router...or both?!?!
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Haha nah, they have separate SSIDs

Just puzzled why the WiFi is so slow, wonder if I need to change my Intel 3160 or my N66u router...or both?!?!

Despite having Intel AC 3160 adapter running at 802.11ac but your ASUS N66U router is not on 802.11ac. Thus, it will still fall back to 802.11n protocol.

One need to have both router and adapter to be on 802.11ac to utilize the ac capability.
 
Last edited:

ryanseah

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
0
Despite having Intel AC 3160 adapter running at 802.11ac but your ASUS N66U router is not on 802.11ac. Thus, it will still fall back to 802.11n protocol.

One need to have both router and adapter to be on 802.11ac to utilize the ac capability.

Understood, but even so, using 802.11n can only get 20+MBps? Don't think so right? :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top