MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
6,334
Reaction score
244
More expensive and more experience would probably be the 2 factors. To me this doesn't mean anything, its what it actually should be

But if you compare Green or Red with VQ then maybe u will say..."wow red and green...what a shame...."

MR is small and the newest, but throw out a no brainer plan in terms of speed:price. Everybody will just rush into it, but they are unable to handle the huge influx, yet u can't tell customers to just go off somewhere else. So there you go, huge problems at first with the waiting and stuff, then take up the time for them to iron out network issues. Everything gets pushed back.

They should have do it like Qala last time, use quota, open a while sign some residential and close door. Maybe do it for the 1Gbps plan only (keep the 300Mbps one available to all), and give priority chance for existing customers to select first before opening remainder slots to new subscribers. Settle liao then open again if they are able to sustain.
Greed and money no enuff comes to my mind. Hwng xbmc still ok for me as it is my main source of movies but i like click click hose Chinese apk on android box for the fun of it.


But game wise is another story....serious until i can throw the controller wor...
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Greed and money no enuff comes to my mind. Hwng xbmc still ok for me as it is my main source of movies but i like click click hose Chinese apk on android box for the fun of it.


But game wise is another story....serious until i can throw the controller wor...

I wouldn't judge them with greed and money because its a business not charity hall, or some Govt/NGO entity with minimal emphasis on profits. To me its just about the speed of growth they are on, should be throttled down.

Game wise I am not very sure, the only game I played that the latency bugged me is Path of Exile. US players open instance its ok I get around 200ms still playable. If European players open then I can just quit cos will be at least 300ms. Haven't try yet with the 1Gbps maybe I should try see what happen :s13: However mostly I go single player on games so u never see me complain at all about MR on games.
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,427
Reaction score
4,162
just had my 1gbps fixed up ytd, the contractor attitude not very good leh, waited whole day just to change ONT ._. throughput okay so far. didnt opt to get the asus routers yet, I'm using R7000 nighthawk

mr.png
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
For me too late as just renew this month....
I feel for you since you just recontracted. For me, I am a new user and it has been at least sweet sailing for 4 months.. let's see how much longer I can tahan before I start mass bombing stomp with complaints..

Even if they still ignore this, I want more people to be aware..
 

func7

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
1Gbps Gamer Plan user here.

I was playing D3 (America server) actively a while back (1month+) .. waiting for the next patch update. The latency from in game is around 17x most of the time. If you want today latency.. I log in later tonight to check. Don't play LOL

Thanks for the feedback man! Seems like MR gets around 170, and VQ is around 190 for D3 from the feedback ive got in my thread.

Do let me know if you get a chance to log in later to check today's latency :)

Other users on gamer plan, playing on a US server feel free to add your pings too!
 

func7

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
More expensive and more experience would probably be the 2 factors. To me this doesn't mean anything, its what it actually should be

But if you compare Green or Red with VQ then maybe u will say..."wow red and green...what a shame...."

MR is small and the newest, but throw out a no brainer plan in terms of speed:price. Everybody will just rush into it, but they are unable to handle the huge influx, yet u can't tell customers to just go off somewhere else. So there you go, huge problems at first with the waiting and stuff, then take up the time for them to iron out network issues. Everything gets pushed back.

They should have do it like Qala last time, use quota, open a while sign some residential and close door. Maybe do it for the 1Gbps plan only (keep the 300Mbps one available to all), and give priority chance for existing customers to select first before opening remainder slots to new subscribers. Settle liao then open again if they are able to sustain.


Hi, I'm comparing the VQ 300Mbps and the MR 1Gbps gamer plan as their pricing is in the same ballpark.

From what I see on this thread's recent posts, do you feel that the MR 1Gbps advertised speed isn't really that good? Would I be better with a lower 300Mbps plan from VQ instead?
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
Hi, I'm comparing the VQ 300Mbps and the MR 1Gbps gamer plan as their pricing is in the same ballpark.

From what I see on this thread's recent posts, do you feel that the MR 1Gbps advertised speed isn't really that good? Would I be better with a lower 300Mbps plan from VQ instead?
Currently, the price of MR's 1Gbps as compared to VQ's 300Mbps is just a $5 difference.

I terminated my 10Mbps ADSL in early march and joined MR on april. Initially, MR's overall network performance and streaming to china was very good.. but it has slid into the gutter now. And all those on the ball MR techies in HWZ were very active before and during the launch of their 1Gbps plan. Now that they have hit the quota for the number of sign-ups, all of them disappear into the Bermuda triangle and occasionally only appear to answer queries (not complaints) and billing issues. I still remember one user complaining that MR DIDN'T bill him for a few months.. And voila, like peanut butter and jelly his "complaint" got rectified really quick :D

I would say since it's only a $5 savings, let VQ earn it. If VQ's customer service is really that good, they deserve more than that. As for me, I'm stuck with the MR shathole for another 18 months..
 
Last edited:

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Hi, I'm comparing the VQ 300Mbps and the MR 1Gbps gamer plan as their pricing is in the same ballpark.

From what I see on this thread's recent posts, do you feel that the MR 1Gbps advertised speed isn't really that good? Would I be better with a lower 300Mbps plan from VQ instead?

I have not really put MR 1GBps speed to the test yet, so I can't really tell much so far.

You should ask yourself on your needs. If your primary concern is to torrent, going for MR is more cost effective cos it works very well enough not to make you think that its slow. On the other hand if you like direct downloads all the time then its confirm MR because if you have good hardware should be able to hit near advertised speed (I just did a rpnet speedtst download from their LA server, getting 20MB/s before completion cos its only a 500Mb file)

For china sites, gaming, looking at the complains VQ might be able to give you what you want, but of course you will have to trade in for a higher subscription fee and lower speed.

So bottomline, check what you need first, then look at price. Hell you can even throw in Big 3 for fun, who knows maybe one of them might be what u need.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Currently, the price of MR's 1Gbps as compared to VQ's 300Mbps is just a $5 difference.

I terminated my 10Mbps ADSL in early march and joined MR on april. Initially, MR's overall network performance and streaming to china was very good.. but it has slid into the gutter now. And all those on the ball MR techies in HWZ were very active before and during the launch of their 1Gbps plan. Now that they have hit the quota for the number of sign-ups, all of them disappear into the Bermuda triangle and occasionally only appear to answer queries (not complaints) and billing issues. I still remember one user complaining that MR DIDN'T bill him for a few months.. And voila, like peanut butter and jelly his "complaint" got rectified really quick :D

I would say since it's only a $5 savings, let VQ earn it. If VQ's customer service is really that good, they deserve more than that. As for me, I'm stuck with the MR shathole for another 18 months..

For some of us its $15 difference. :s13:

With regards to the China website thing there might still be changes, cos for 2 years with them it wasn't bad all the time, there were periods (around months or weeks) of smooth streaming. So don't despair yet. You can also look for alternatives. Xigua.com for example :D
 
Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
I have not really put MR 1GBps speed to the test yet, so I can't really tell much so far.

You should ask yourself on your needs. If your primary concern is to torrent, going for MR is more cost effective cos it works very well enough not to make you think that its slow. On the other hand if you like direct downloads all the time then its confirm MR because if you have good hardware should be able to hit near advertised speed (I just did a rpnet speedtst download from their LA server, getting 20MB/s before completion cos its only a 500Mb file)

For china sites, gaming, looking at the complains VQ might be able to give you what you want, but of course you will have to trade in for a higher subscription fee and lower speed.

So bottomline, check what you need first, then look at price. Hell you can even throw in Big 3 for fun, who knows maybe one of them might be what u need.
Can I have awesome hill climbing speed, direct downloads and lag free streaming at the same time for MR? Asking too much? Since it was achievable just a few months back.. :D
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Can I have awesome hill climbing speed, direct downloads and lag free streaming at the same time for MR? Asking too much? Since it was achievable just a few months back.. :D

streaming won't use much bandwidth or computer resources (except 2k or 4k content) so actually should be able to do it. I thought can be done now anyway, not at night definitely when youku sucks. :s13:
 

func7

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
I have not really put MR 1GBps speed to the test yet, so I can't really tell much so far.

You should ask yourself on your needs. If your primary concern is to torrent, going for MR is more cost effective cos it works very well enough not to make you think that its slow. On the other hand if you like direct downloads all the time then its confirm MR because if you have good hardware should be able to hit near advertised speed (I just did a rpnet speedtst download from their LA server, getting 20MB/s before completion cos its only a 500Mb file)

For china sites, gaming, looking at the complains VQ might be able to give you what you want, but of course you will have to trade in for a higher subscription fee and lower speed.

So bottomline, check what you need first, then look at price. Hell you can even throw in Big 3 for fun, who knows maybe one of them might be what u need.

My primary concern is the latency to US game servers. I'm trying to compare the pings local users here get when connecting to US East/West coast gaming servers and was wondering if the MR "Gamer" plan really gives a much lower ping compared to the 300mbps VQ plan. It clams to have custom routing to overseas game servers here: MyRepublic | 1Gbps - The World

I'm currently get around 180-200ms on US servers. Since the pricing of these 2 plans are so similar, I'd like to know which would be better for my purpose. I understand that I wont be hitting the 1Gbps speed for overseas servers but is it much faster than the 300Mbps plan offered by VQ for gaming servers?

Hope more of you who game on US servers can come forward with your real world ping results :)
 

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2
haha to laugh or to cry..
audio streaming also buffer buffer buffer lol.
am trying out a paid subscription to kugou.com
using the windows base client .. hou mai gawd!! lmao!





缓冲。。。缓冲。。缓冲。。。缓冲。。缓冲。。。缓冲。。
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
For some of us its $15 difference. :s13:

With regards to the China website thing there might still be changes, cos for 2 years with them it wasn't bad all the time, there were periods (around months or weeks) of smooth streaming. So don't despair yet. You can also look for alternatives. Xigua.com for example :D

Still prefer PPTV as it has plenty of content and most of it has 超清 which streaming was lag-free previously and I prefer to stream using tablets.

streaming won't use much bandwidth or computer resources (except 2k or 4k content) so actually should be able to do it. I thought can be done now anyway, not at night definitely when youku sucks. :s13:

That's why I say it sucks now because only around 4Mbps is needed usually for 超清 and it buffers like mad now on pptv, youku.. whatever
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
haha to laugh or to cry..
audio streaming also buffer buffer buffer lol.
am trying out a paid subscription to kugou.com
using the windows base client .. hou mai gawd!! lmao!





缓冲。。。缓冲。。缓冲。。。缓冲。。缓冲。。。缓冲。。
Can't even load your kugou page properly.. as for now, your sub is as good as thrown into the sea..
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
My primary concern is the latency to US game servers. I'm trying to compare the pings local users here get when connecting to US East/West coast gaming servers and was wondering if the MR "Gamer" plan really gives a much lower ping compared to the 300mbps VQ plan. It clams to have custom routing to overseas game servers here: MyRepublic | 1Gbps - The World

I'm currently get around 180-200ms on US servers. Since the pricing of these 2 plans are so similar, I'd like to know which would be better for my purpose. I understand that I wont be hitting the 1Gbps speed for overseas servers but is it much faster than the 300Mbps plan offered by VQ for gaming servers?

Hope more of you who game on US servers can come forward with your real world ping results :)

2 years with MR I have never came across anyone saying Gamer plan has done something decent for them. I have only seen people saying they ask for rerouting but none is done, or its already having latency issues even without rerouting. I might have missed positive comments so u will have to see if anyone else chimes in on this.

I am a mostly single player guy. Diablo 3 on american server I get around 189ms, Path of Exile I get around 220ms best (when I was on the 100Mbps).

If low latency is derived from routing then VQ might just be better for you because having more experience I think they have better routes.

If you are only concerned about gaming the 1Gbps is not really that important. downloads you need to do direct downloads (u need to sign up for those multihost at extra cost) if you wanna see the advertised speed most of the time. However if your content is small in size, the need of 1Gbps will be lesser
 

func7

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
2 years with MR I have never came across anyone saying Gamer plan has done something decent for them. I have only seen people saying they ask for rerouting but none is done, or its already having latency issues even without rerouting. I might have missed positive comments so u will have to see if anyone else chimes in on this.

I am a mostly single player guy. Diablo 3 on american server I get around 189ms, Path of Exile I get around 220ms best (when I was on the 100Mbps).

If low latency is derived from routing then VQ might just be better for you because having more experience I think they have better routes.

If you are only concerned about gaming the 1Gbps is not really that important. downloads you need to do direct downloads (u need to sign up for those multihost at extra cost) if you wanna see the advertised speed most of the time. However if your content is small in size, the need of 1Gbps will be lesser

Thanks for the input on game pings. Seems like it isn't that much of an improvement over other ISPs even though they use "custom routing".
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Still prefer PPTV as it has plenty of content and most of it has 超清 which streaming was lag-free previously and I prefer to stream using tablets.



That's why I say it sucks now because only around 4Mbps is needed usually for 超清 and it buffers like mad now on pptv, youku.. whatever

U gotta move on, adapt and change. Its just like torrent trackers to me, this tracker dont work i just try another. Or something like direct downloads, this multihost busted liao bo bian go for the next most popular one.

its the price to pay for free content :s13: If not have to go for Pay TV from singtel or starhub
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Thanks for the input on game pings. Seems like it isn't that much of an improvement over other ISPs even though they use "custom routing".

I am not on gamer plan nor use it before so dont take my word as confirmation. What I am saying to you is that I havent seen anyone commenting positively on the plan just yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top