MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

andr3wyong

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,915
Reaction score
0
Is there any red light on your ONT?

Someone from VQ also feedback that they cannot access Internet at Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang. I am not sure if it is due to the Exchange?

It's unrelated issue. Both subscriber ONTs on the VQ side were up on GPON and service was recovered upon syncing of the ONT.
 

0kbhhp

Master Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
0
Same. Woodlands here. I called up MR. They informed that there is some fibre diversion work at woodlands area from 10pm to 5am. But the rep informed that they usually don't take so long and shd be done by 1 or 2 am. So after that can try to switch off and on again.
 

SaifulAsh

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2014
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
IDA need to really step in and do something on the Myrepublic current situation and request them to do something for the current MR customers.
Instead of IDA, can CASE do something about this problem? False advertising, fake promises, unable to keep service standards, inadequate customer service and a very big head to monopolise but unable to handle the volume. Need help from them, my beard can grow a mm but comes to emailing u ur bill or suspending of services, very prompt until drill sergeant can cry from happiness. Oh ya, forgot to mention abt no bills for few months, then suddenly comes the shocker bill that makes our hospitals full of heart attack victims. Hey MR, ur sales guys said to me first month was 430something. My bill came at a hundred dollars more n i didnt standby that much amount. Anyday u suspend my service is the day that i won't bother about payment or returning ur stuffs. I can live without fibre. Wrong person to tricksell.
 

sigurros

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Just to check anyone using apple products not able to access iTunes and App Store on both iPhone and Macbook?

Called their technical support on 10 dec till now problem still not resolved.
 

WWE_Fan

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
2,063
Reaction score
0
Instead of IDA, can CASE do something about this problem? False advertising, fake promises, unable to keep service standards, inadequate customer service and a very big head to monopolise but unable to handle the volume. Need help from them, my beard can grow a mm but comes to emailing u ur bill or suspending of services, very prompt until drill sergeant can cry from happiness. Oh ya, forgot to mention abt no bills for few months, then suddenly comes the shocker bill that makes our hospitals full of heart attack victims. Hey MR, ur sales guys said to me first month was 430something. My bill came at a hundred dollars more n i didnt standby that much amount. Anyday u suspend my service is the day that i won't bother about payment or returning ur stuffs. I can live without fibre. Wrong person to tricksell.

Regardless of the service provider, holding back payment is not wise. It may affect you when you apply for other services with other companies/service provider in future. Your payment history can be traced. Best is to pursue the matter with your existing provider and break clean if you need to. Just my two cents
 

procmail

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
5,125
Reaction score
1
Anything wrong with MR's DNS servers?

ngmodules.org isn't resolving if I use the default (MR) nameservers, but ok when I use 8.8.8.8.

Please advise.
 

henrylim1972

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
0
issue with Amazon Instant Video

Hi,
Has anyone successfully got Amazon Instant video working on teleport ? If someone has done some funky iptables scripts , please share. Thanks !

PS: I have managed to redirect traffic to MR DNS for Netflix and it works fine but it does not work for Amazon. I am beginning to suspect that Teleport is pretty limiting. If anyone has some solid US-based free DNS , please share. Thanks !
 
Last edited:

gAryLin

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
569
Reaction score
0
Hi, my internet has been down since around 10pm. Called in and was mentioned that there is maintenance until 5am. I received no notification of maintenance via sms or email. Downtime is frustrating to customers like myself whom may have planned to use the Internet the evening. Can you please check why there wasn't a notification ?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Hi, my internet has been down since around 10pm. Called in and was mentioned that there is maintenance until 5am. I received no notification of maintenance via sms or email. Downtime is frustrating to customers like myself whom may have planned to use the Internet the evening. Can you please check why there wasn't a notification ?

Which area you are in?
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Just finished a 1 year contract with MR and quite satisfied with the internet performance….only had an issue once and they fixed it remotely….was never double billed….can't complain.

After the World Cup this year, was unable to connect to some of the US and UK sites and ignored it. Went to my account page today and turns out that Teleport is disabled. Why wasn't I informed that I needed to pay for it? I would have agreed to be honest. Looks like they turned it off without letting me know.

Anyway now I need 2 year contract and suddenly I am scared shitless looking at all this negative feedback on MR. Can someone from MR PM me to let me know whats going on. Are the same guys (Nivlek etc) still running the show here?

It's crazy trying to get someone on their hotline….a girl answered after 15 minutes and quite frankly had no idea about the product, current promotions, procedures to be followed…I was shocked.

I really want to like MR but this is a bit worrying.
 

echutah

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
388
Reaction score
1
Just finished a 1 year contract with MR and quite satisfied with the internet performance….only had an issue once and they fixed it remotely….was never double billed….can't complain.

After the World Cup this year, was unable to connect to some of the US and UK sites and ignored it. Went to my account page today and turns out that Teleport is disabled. Why wasn't I informed that I needed to pay for it? I would have agreed to be honest. Looks like they turned it off without letting me know.

Anyway now I need 2 year contract and suddenly I am scared shitless looking at all this negative feedback on MR. Can someone from MR PM me to let me know whats going on. Are the same guys (Nivlek etc) still running the show here?

It's crazy trying to get someone on their hotline….a girl answered after 15 minutes and quite frankly had no idea about the product, current promotions, procedures to be followed…I was shocked.

I really want to like MR but this is a bit worrying.

just jump ship, they don't care about you at all. you're just a number to them
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Just finished a 1 year contract with MR and quite satisfied with the internet performance….only had an issue once and they fixed it remotely….was never double billed….can't complain.

After the World Cup this year, was unable to connect to some of the US and UK sites and ignored it. Went to my account page today and turns out that Teleport is disabled. Why wasn't I informed that I needed to pay for it? I would have agreed to be honest. Looks like they turned it off without letting me know.

Anyway now I need 2 year contract and suddenly I am scared shitless looking at all this negative feedback on MR. Can someone from MR PM me to let me know whats going on. Are the same guys (Nivlek etc) still running the show here?

It's crazy trying to get someone on their hotline….a girl answered after 15 minutes and quite frankly had no idea about the product, current promotions, procedures to be followed…I was shocked.

I really want to like MR but this is a bit worrying.

Teleport is now a standard feature included in every MyRepublic plan! Simply start streaming from your MyRepublic connection to enjoy its benefits.

i believe it mean this is free to all already.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top