d4rkm4st3r
Master Member
- Joined
- Dec 9, 2006
- Messages
- 2,601
- Reaction score
- 0
I also due to re contract.. Dunno should wait for IT fair ma...

Whens the IT fair? June?I also due to re contract.. Dunno should wait for IT fair ma...
Whens the IT fair? June?![]()
I also due to re contract.. Dunno should wait for IT fair ma...
I thought no contract means they the Telco would charge you like the "original price"? I won't want to find out what that is
So try to make a decision BEFORE that happens![]()
Well all I can say is WOWWWWWWWW!
My saga which began on 13 Jan is still not resolved….OpenNet is still being blocked from entering the MDF room in the condo opposite mine (my apartment is served through a MDF Room located on their premises), MR is standing by and so is IDA…watching the show. Well, maybe some paperwork has been generated but they sure don't say anything beyond the usual corporate pleasantries.
So now MR blames OpenNet for not patching my connection, OpenNet blames the condo management for not granting them entry and the condo management is just sitting on their hands giving OpenNet the runaround for approvals…which may NEVER materialise. No one has a timeline.
I would even appreciate a negative response from MR saying sorry you can't get fibre, here's your deposit back….but even that isn't forthcoming.
First world problems, indeed.

MyR does not charge more outside contract. Only Starhub does that i think

Well all I can say is WOWWWWWWWW!
My saga which began on 13 Jan is still not resolved….OpenNet is still being blocked from entering the MDF room in the condo opposite mine (my apartment is served through a MDF Room located on their premises), MR is standing by and so is IDA…watching the show. Well, maybe some paperwork has been generated but they sure don't say anything beyond the usual corporate pleasantries.
So now MR blames OpenNet for not patching my connection, OpenNet blames the condo management for not granting them entry and the condo management is just sitting on their hands giving OpenNet the runaround for approvals…which may NEVER materialise. No one has a timeline.
I would even appreciate a negative response from MR saying sorry you can't get fibre, here's your deposit back….but even that isn't forthcoming.
First world problems, indeed.
I can say I finally got mine fiber up after 3 months of waiting! OpenNet or NetLink Trust engineer did came on first visit only to told my house cannot connect due to lack of resource to lay new cable, a month later, another meeting, they installed TP that previously only available for non-residential use.
An orgy of incompetence, navel gazing, bureaucracy, finger-pointing and general disinterest is the only way I can describe the actions of the parties involved in my case.
What makes it all the more unbearable is that my place is fully cabled up with a TP ...and what's more the person living there before me had a super reliable Singnet fibre connection before they moved out.
That's what I have a hard time getting an answer from these OpenNet people about…how come the previous resident had zero issues and I have a **** ton of them now….what did you guys do to piss off the other building's management?
Silence.
It is actually in most contracts of ISPs if you do read them before signing (almost no one does it).
If you are talking about telcos enforcing it, so far I have with most certainty (personal experience) that Sh*tHub and StinkTel enforce it.
MR also has it in its T&Cs but since I did not wait to re-contract, they did not get a chance to do it to me like SH & ST. The T&C is there for MR, BUT whether they enforce it, I cannot tell you.
If you click on the T&Cs on the Pricing page for MR, you should see this: "Discount rates are valid for the duration of the contract. The plan's Usual Price of $89/month for ULTRA and $99/month for GAMER and $49/mth for PURE 200 applies after contract plan ends."
And also take note, every time you jump ship (for any Telco that you signed fiber BB with), you are liable for a disconnection fee that is charged by NetLink Trust (nope, I still do not trust you after you changed your company name, OpenNet). Don't know if you gents read that or not...
If they told that they don't charge it, you probably paid for it with your monthly sub
Yes, another personal experience![]()
refer to pm...![]()
Perhaps you can storm it or something. If you can make your case into the straits Times is the best. By making this situation more exposed to the public, solutions to your problems will escalate most of the time.
Unfortunately that is how things are. You should proceed without delay.
Make sure you indicate the condo's management uncooperativeness, even thought they may be lawfully right, (this is the most IMPORTANT : make sure to name the condo & the manager's name), netlink trust's incompetence & IDA inability.