MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,252
Reaction score
18,543
Just chatted with MyRepublic cso, they confirmed that new plans will be on M1 network while old plans will be on Starhub inferior network. That will be great news as M1 network is better.

I just I will switch my recently ported line from giga back to MyRepublic (M1).
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,214
Reaction score
8,992
That's fast, you signed up which plan? Lite or Pro?

I signed up the Lite plan.


Old mr is using starhub. New one using m1.

Ues free roaming service. But for data roaming u need to buy their plan before you get connected to data.

You will still be able to recieve sms free. But calling and sending sms is at roaming rate.

New one as in new sign-up from 31 March

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS


No wonder all the porting sms received from MR are from M1.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,214
Reaction score
8,992
If M1 then I wasted my time coz I wanted to test Starhub network

SH network is not bad. I was using giga previously and the speed depends on the load. it can hit as high as 100mbps on my phone sometimes using speedtest.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,252
Reaction score
18,543
If M1 then I wasted my time coz I wanted to test Starhub network

I ported my mum line to giga as it was cheaper. Had been using M1 since the beginning. Issues with giga using starhub network surfaces 1 day after porting over, the network at north south line near WOODLANDS kranji is very cui. M1 connection feels much better than starhub
 

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
36,163
Reaction score
6,426
I ported my mum line to giga as it was cheaper. Had been using M1 since the beginning. Issues with giga using starhub network surfaces 1 day after porting over, the network at north south line near WOODLANDS kranji is very cui. M1 connection feels much better than starhub

insai amk house also cui. M1 is better:s22:
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
Yeah. Giga is cheap, but SH network is cui. I use MR since it began, sent them many feedbacks that network (SH) is no good.

Good that they have made a switch to M1 superior network.

Depends on your area bah... I live in woodlands near the mrt station. I actually have a better experience after switching from Circles to Giga in areas I frequent.

Not that Circles was very bad, just that their network tend to have slow reaction sometimes especially along nel and cl.
 
Last edited:

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,252
Reaction score
18,543
Depends on your area bah... I live in woodlands near the mrt station. I actually have a better experience after switching from Circles to Giga in areas I frequent.

Not that Circles was very bad, just that their network tend to have slow reaction sometimes especially along nel and cl.

I agree, depends on the area. Today happened to be on North-South Line and was on the phone (giga), my call got intermittent stoppage and connecting between 3G and 4G. Can't remember the area, but it was between Kranji and Canberra.

Maybe your HDB area in woodlands has better coverage for starhub
 

livingcharsiew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2019
Messages
15,477
Reaction score
36
tempted to switch from giga $10 to MR $10
last time I use m1 but starhub have better reception for me
 

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
36,163
Reaction score
6,426
Old mr can change to m1 anot?

Sent from Amazon using GAGT
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
Nope, they do not have a workaround yet. Shall wait and see how MyRepublic migrates people on StarHub network to M1.

Starhub 4g is much better. Only their MVNO drop to 3G for voice call.

M1 MVNO has VOLTE, so voice calls really sounds better without dropping into 3G. If you don't call as much best is to stay with Starhub or their MVNO, since their 4g is way better.
 

Sonoda Umi

Senior Member
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
0
Wanted to port over, but since it is running on M1 which is weak in my area, decided to skip, although the Lite plan offer is good
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top