MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

blueboat

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
1,252
Reaction score
34
How to change mobile number ownership? Currently under my family IC, want to change to mine
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,353
Reaction score
18,583
How to change mobile number ownership? Currently under my family IC, want to change to mine

You cannot do it under MyRepublic, you can only do it with your current telco (Singtel, M1 or Starhub). After you do Change of Ownership than you can port.
 

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
38,386
Reaction score
7,825
I will also port out when there are better offers.
Red1 performs better than mr.
As long M1 will give it a missed.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,565
Reaction score
511
I will also port out when there are better offers.
Red1 performs better than mr.
As long M1 will give it a missed.

Hi, thanks for your sharing.

I do agree to some extend that ST network can be superior to M1.

However, as of posting now, CMLink (ST network) is still giving me time out when I tried to login my UOB Mighty banking app....
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
Hi, thanks for your sharing.

I do agree to some extend that ST network can be superior to M1.

However, as of posting now, CMLink (ST network) is still giving me time out when I tried to login my UOB Mighty banking app....

Singtel mvno not as good as Singtel network, after so much break down in their mvno.

Singtel follow by GOMO (Singtel too) then Singtel MVNO.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,353
Reaction score
18,583
Hi, thanks for your sharing.

I do agree to some extend that ST network can be superior to M1.

However, as of posting now, CMLink (ST network) is still giving me time out when I tried to login my UOB Mighty banking app....

Oh man, for awhile since? Few days ago you also mentioned about the timeout. Did you feedback to CMLINK? Probably their side configurations different from Singtel.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,353
Reaction score
18,583
Received both MR Sim Card on 30 Apr. Porting process initiated during afternoon. M1 sent an sms to inform that porting application successful and there will be a downtime from 11pm for 3 hours.

Ported both my parents line MR, one from M1, one from giga. Interesting enough, at 12.10am, I saw the temporary MyRepublic number network info changed from MyRepublic to SGP-M1 and then back to MyRepublic. Thereafter, the number successfully ported into MyRepublic.

Received sim on 30 Apr, Billing cycle starts 1 May
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,565
Reaction score
511
Singtel mvno not as good as Singtel network, after so much break down in their mvno.

Singtel follow by GOMO (Singtel too) then Singtel MVNO.

So far no breakdown for CMLink.... only latency issue i feedback here lol
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
According to MyRepublic, after the 7GB of data is exhausted, users will see their data speeds throttled to between 384Kbps to 1.2Mbps until the data allowance refreshes the next billing cycle.

what is the real life speed that you guys as a myrepublic users get???:s22:
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,353
Reaction score
18,583
According to MyRepublic, after the 7GB of data is exhausted, users will see their data speeds throttled to between 384Kbps to 1.2Mbps until the data allowance refreshes the next billing cycle.

what is the real life speed that you guys as a myrepublic users get???:s22:

Speedtest 0.3mbps to 0.5mbps.

General surfing of the net is okay, HWZ and CNA. Pictures take a while to load.
FB app, pictures, and comments take a while to load. Content still okay.
Instagram video takes very long to load.

WhatsApp remains ok, can send messages.

Tethering to my MacBook general surfing webpages just okay. I used it to load ezbuy and qoo10 webpages, quite fast but pictures takes time.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Speedtest 0.3mbps to 0.5mbps.

General surfing of the net is okay, HWZ and CNA. Pictures take a while to load.
FB app, pictures, and comments take a while to load. Content still okay.
Instagram video takes very long to load.

WhatsApp remains ok, can send messages.

Tethering to my MacBook general surfing webpages just okay. I used it to load ezbuy and qoo10 webpages, quite fast but pictures takes time.

I see. Thanks for the sharing.

Like that I will not consider already. I am looking alternative to TPG trial.

Its unlimited data at 1Mbps still can allow me to download quite a big of stuff. 0.3 to 0.5Mbps will not usable to me.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,353
Reaction score
18,583
I see. Thanks for the sharing.

Like that I will not consider already. I am looking alternative to TPG trial.

Its unlimited data at 1Mbps still can allow me to download quite a big of stuff. 0.3 to 0.5Mbps will not usable to me.

You can consider Zero1 plan instead, 1GB to unlimited daily. 1mbps throttled data
 

opt1m4l

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
938
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know if the person needs to be physically present (w/ IC checked) to receive the SIM? Am currently studying overseas and would like to port over since this is cheaper to hold onto my number...
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,353
Reaction score
18,583
Does anyone know if the person needs to be physically present (w/ IC checked) to receive the SIM? Am currently studying overseas and would like to port over since this is cheaper to hold onto my number...

You can do proxy, or a letter of authorisation for your family member to collect on behalf of you. However, they need to present your original IC during collection. You can try contacting MyRepublic support to verify if this is doable
 

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
38,386
Reaction score
7,825
You can do proxy, or a letter of authorisation for your family member to collect on behalf of you. However, they need to present your original IC during collection. You can try contacting MyRepublic support to verify if this is doable

I asked bef cannot.
The delivery guy did verify my IC also.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top