MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,567
Reaction score
511
I am using the lite plan and only inserted the card yesterday and according to data stats, used at most a few 100 MB.

However the myrepublic app already shows 1.3GB gone. any one have similar data drain issues?

Thx.

No issue for me. What phone u using?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,405
Reaction score
18,595
I am using the lite plan and only inserted the card yesterday and according to data stats, used at most a few 100 MB.

However the myrepublic app already shows 1.3GB gone. any one have similar data drain issues?

Thx.

What phone you using? iPhone?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,405
Reaction score
18,595
How long do I have to wait to know my order has been confirmed? I thought online order is instant?

"We're currently reviewing your order and will send you another email when your order is approved. Until then..."
For me it's almost instant, you will receive an email. Check your spam mail too
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,310
Reaction score
20,556
Ask y’all ar, that time MR sent us email said want give us extra 5Gb. Have y’all seen this 5Gb credited to your MR app -5
 

eip1234

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
31
Not a major complaint ... Just that i feel, could be just a pure feeling, MR is consuming data faster than my previous experience with m1, Circles Life and Giga, with the same phone of similar usage in nature ... Anyone share a similar experience?
 

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
38,386
Reaction score
7,824
Not a major complaint ... Just that i feel, could be just a pure feeling, MR is consuming data faster than my previous experience with m1, Circles Life and Giga, with the same phone of similar usage in nature ... Anyone share a similar experience?

Yes and my hp get hot v easily & battery indeed drain faster too.

:(
must go near window to get 4 bars. I using xm note 6.
porting out by end of this month.
 

eip1234

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
31
Your situation is likely due to the weak m1 network coverage at your location. For me, i have used all 3 telcos before and I don't find any significant difference at my place. My observation this time is about the perceived faster consumption of data ... Hope my perception is incorrect ...
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
Finally finish up the bundle data Lite plan bundle data.

Like what other has shared before.

- Normal Surf : ok
- IG story playback view : not suitable
- Youtube 480P : Does buffer once awhile. 360P will give you better video experience.



Speedtest by Ookla

Server: MyRepublic - Singapore (id = 5935)
ISP: M1
Latency: 159.68 ms (12.39 ms jitter)
Download: 403.01 kbps (data used: 729.3 kB)
Upload: 383.62 kbps (data used: 598.1 kB)
Packet Loss: 0.0%
Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/d575a47c-03a7-490b-9de6-f8af5cef2b5b


Speedtest by Ookla

Server: NewMedia Express - Singapore (id = 367)
ISP: M1
Latency: 21.91 ms (5.39 ms jitter)
Download: 403.66 kbps (data used: 495.8 kB)
Upload: 369.13 kbps (data used: 672.7 kB)
Packet Loss: 0.5%
Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/5b716534-f4a7-4d7f-bbf7-fd56ec59d4d1


Speedtest by Ookla

Server: M1 Limited - Singapore (id = 7311)
ISP: M1
Latency: 20.92 ms (8.48 ms jitter)
Download: 386.58 kbps (data used: 496.7 kB)
Upload: 381.34 kbps (data used: 587.1 kB)
Packet Loss: Not available.
Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/917056ea-d91d-400b-9c9a-823b41236472
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,567
Reaction score
511
Thanks for sharing the MR boundless speed test. Which area did you do your testing? This is quite bad latency compared to my M1 test which is typically 20ms including Jitter.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Just sign up another line and get the SIM card on the spot at MyRepublic. Yet to test out the SIM card.

One thing I want to complain about is the MyRepublic App, I used the temp password to login and was asked to change password. I actually keyed in the new password that matches the password complexity requirements but it kept on prompting the error message saying it did not.

I only managed to change the password at the portal using the same new password I keyed in on the app and it worked. WTF.

Subsequently only I managed to log in to the app.

Funny thing also the username they gave me is not my exact email address but and@xyz.com898. Is it the same for u guys?
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,567
Reaction score
511
Yes my login is email plus number at the back. I Guess this is an additional security feature
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Yes my login is email plus number at the back. I Guess this is an additional security feature

I see. Ok. At least I know that I am a special case. Thanks.

Besides, for roaming just need to toggle the option in the app rite? If I dun turn on data roaming on my mobile phone. It will be pay per use for calls and SMS only while roaming rite? Actually my main usage in overseas for roaming will be just to receive OTP.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top