MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,421
Reaction score
18,604
I see. Ok. At least I know that I am a special case. Thanks.

Besides, for roaming just need to toggle the option in the app rite? If I dun turn on data roaming on my mobile phone. It will be pay per use for calls and SMS only while roaming rite? Actually my main usage in overseas for roaming will be just to receive OTP.

Yup, it will be pay per use for sms. For roaming calls, download MyRepublic talk app. It saves your roaming calls by 95٪. If just want receive otp while overseas, dont need do anything. Unless you are talking about data roaming, you have to purchase the add-ons on the app. If you dont want data, DO OFF DATA ROAMING from your phone settings to prevent data usage in foreign networks, and prevent any other charges
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Yup, it will be pay per use for sms. For roaming calls, download MyRepublic talk app. It saves your roaming calls by 95٪. If just want receive otp while overseas, dont need do anything. Unless you are talking about data roaming, you have to purchase the add-ons on the app. If you dont want data, DO OFF DATA ROAMING from your phone settings to prevent data usage in foreign networks, and prevent any other charges

Ok. Thanks a lot bro for the info.

One thing I must give compliment to MR for their SIM pack. It comes with a SIM ejection tool! When I saw it, my first impression in mind is that MR is so caring. Haha.

I always lost my SIM ejection tool that come with my iphone. I used to carry it with me by putting inside my wallet but it got lost too easily until i realised that the easiest way not to lose it is to just put it together with my house keys key chain. Haha.

Good that MR has given it for free.

7PcENv.md.jpg


7PcxuV.md.jpg
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,421
Reaction score
18,604
Ok. Thanks a lot bro for the info.

One thing I must give compliment to MR for their SIM pack. It comes with a SIM ejection tool! When I saw it, my first impression in mind is that MR is so caring. Haha.

I always lost my SIM ejection tool that come with my iphone. I used to carry it with me by putting inside my wallet but it got lost too easily until i realised that the easiest way not to lose it is to just put it together with my house keys key chain. Haha.

Good that MR has given it for free.

7PcENv.md.jpg


7PcxuV.md.jpg
Nice, giga also provide the SIM ejection pin too. Was surprised when i saw it came together in giga sim. Good that these 2 MVNO provides sim ejection tool.

Anyway, if you got 2 or more MR lines under your account email address, you can request to merge both lines into one account. So on the app, you can switch between the 2 lines to check usage. Unlike TPG, where you need another account ID for another line.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Nice, giga also provide the SIM ejection pin too. Was surprised when i saw it came together in giga sim. Good that these 2 MVNO provides sim ejection tool.

Anyway, if you got 2 or more MR lines under your account email address, you can request to merge both lines into one account. So on the app, you can switch between the 2 lines to check usage. Unlike TPG, where you need another account ID for another line.

yeah. the SIM ejection is nice. if I applied multiple lines, I will have multiple of them for free. haha. I think if it is to buy outside, also it will cost at least SG5 or so and it may not be in good quality. The one provided by MR is not too bad.

I tot the app, we login using email address? you mean, when my 2nd line on MR is activated, it will give me another login id which is abc@xyz.com??? also?

My second SIM which is supposed to deliver on 23 May 2020.

How do I request to merge? Must contact the CS? If i dun call them, it will be in two accounts under two login IDs as mentioned above?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,421
Reaction score
18,604
yeah. the SIM ejection is nice. if I applied multiple lines, I will have multiple of them for free. haha. I think if it is to buy outside, also it will cost at least SG5 or so and it may not be in good quality. The one provided by MR is not too bad.

I tot the app, we login using email address? you mean, when my 2nd line on MR is activated, it will give me another login id which is abc@xyz.com??? also?

My second SIM which is supposed to deliver on 23 May 2020.

How do I request to merge? Must contact the CS? If i dun call them, it will be in two accounts under two login IDs as mentioned above?

yes, different ID and email address. If you don't request it will be a separate log in. You can request to merge, so you can handle 2 lines in one account, easier for you to see the 2 lines usage in one app.

Just message CSO, and they will do for you.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
yes, different ID and email address. If you don't request it will be a separate log in. You can request to merge, so you can handle 2 lines in one account, easier for you to see the 2 lines usage in one app.

Just message CSO, and they will do for you.

i see i see. ok. it will nicer to use one ID to manage multiple accounts unlike TPG. :D

haven't started using the SIM. will try it out the speed as well as the 'managed speed' after the 6GB.

besides, today i asked the CSO, why some are asked for deposit while some do not.
He said it depends on either one of the following
1) Past history with MyRepublic
if one has accounts with them before but with bad credit history, he will be asked for deposit.

2) Credit Bureau Singapore (CBS) record
If CBS is not so good, also will be asked for deposit.
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
First speed test. bandwidth is not impressive but latency is ok.

HTTP direct download surprisingly can hit faster speed than the speedtes. It fluactrate between 10Mbps to 20Mbps. Average around 12 to 13Mbps.

For a $10 plan, it is acceptable. No complaint.

7PcQ28.md.jpg


besides, for those who are interested to sign up MR mobile plan, their mobile plan billing cycle follows the service activation date. Like I signed up today 16 May 2020. My billing cycle is 16 May to 15 June. This is good comparing to other MVNOs that charged based on calendar month. So for anyone who switches from other MVNOs can make good use of this to minimise the extra charges incurred before port-over.
 
Last edited:

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,569
Reaction score
514
First speed test. bandwidth is not impressive but latency is ok.

HTTP direct download surprisingly can hit faster speed than the speedtes. It fluactrate between 10Mbps to 20Mbps. Average around 12 to 13Mbps.

For a $10 plan, it is acceptable. No complaint.

7PcQ28.md.jpg


besides, for those who are interested to sign up MR mobile plan, their mobile plan billing cycle follows the service activation date. Like I signed up today 16 May 2020. My billing cycle is 16 May to 15 June. This is good comparing to other MVNOs that charged based on calendar month. So for anyone who switches from other MVNOs can make good use of this to minimise the extra charges incurred before port-over.

Giga also like MR, billing start date same as service start date.

Your data speed is kind of slow. You want to try use Singtel to test? Typically I used Singtel as test link on my M1/TPG/Starhub the speed is almost always slightly faster
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Giga also like MR, billing start date same as service start date.

Your data speed is kind of slow. You want to try use Singtel to test? Typically I used Singtel as test link on my M1/TPG/Starhub the speed is almost always slightly faster

I see.

Maybe that one was first test result so it was not accurate.

This is the result after subsequent speed test.
Seems ok. Not too bad.

Now I want to finish the 6GB purposely to test the ‘managed speed’ to see if it is usable.

I just signed the line first and port-in in end of oct. now still on $7 circles life promo plan till 10 Nov 20GB data just the bundled talktime was not enough. Just nice that I can use this SIM to make additional calls to prevent extra charges on talktime. Have been exceeding $8++ on my circles life plan constantly monthly.

7PeQBJ.md.jpg
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
just finished the 6GB data.

on managed speed now. speed is really at 384kbps for both upload and download.

7PeK9j.jpg


youtube - 360p barely possible. if need to watch content on the go urgently. bearable but not recommended.

web surfing - totally fine for typical website that is not content intensive.

overall - acceptable. at least after the 6GB, web surfing is acceptable as i totally do not watch youtube etc. on the go unless there are content to watch urgently.
to me, can continue to surf the web after the bundled data is more important.

totally worthy plan to me.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,421
Reaction score
18,604
just finished the 6GB data.

on managed speed now. speed is really at 384kbps for both upload and download.

7PeK9j.jpg


youtube - 360p barely possible. if need to watch content on the go urgently. bearable but not recommended.

web surfing - totally fine for typical website that is not content intensive.

overall - acceptable. at least after the 6GB, web surfing is acceptable as i totally do not watch youtube etc. on the go unless there are content to watch urgently.
to me, can continue to surf the web after the bundled data is more important.

totally worthy plan to me.

Wah. That's fast 6GB overnight? How you do that? Speedtest and video streaming?

you tested speed indoors at your home? Next month next billing cycle, try testing outdoors or MRT stations. Speed will be faster.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Good to know.. how is usage of instagram? Image can load?

forgot to test. haha. will test again if got chance.

Wah. That's fast 6GB overnight? How you do that? Speedtest and video streaming?

you tested speed indoors at your home? Next month next billing cycle, try testing outdoors or MRT stations. Speed will be faster.

yeah. 6GB overnight. I wanted to test the 'managed' speed to see if it is usable as I want to sign up as many lines as I need before the promo ends. I tested the speed at home. Will try to test again outdoor next billing cycle which it should be since it is outdoor.

I was watching dramas/movies on mewatch. haha.

Another MR lite plan SIM will be coming on 23 May 2020 via delivery which I will use it normally to compliment my Circles.Life 20GB on my main line since I already tested it. I normally do not use mobile data for video streaming on the go even I have 20GB on my Circles.Life. On the go I normally do web surfing, facebook etc. at most. Video streaming is only for urgent purpose. But the data can still go quite fast even during the circuit breaker period. I only left 12.5GB on my Circles.Life now.

I have using TPG (2GB/day + 1Mbps managed speed unlimited at home since I do not have fibre broadband) which the 1Mbps managed speed is fine for me even for light video streaming or any http direct download. As the trial ends this month, I need to find alternative as well.

besides, MR lite plan does not work for my Mega app below on my iPhone. It has no issue on TPG/Circles.Life.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mega/id706857885
 
Last edited:

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
forgot to test. haha. will test again if got chance.



yeah. 6GB overnight. I wanted to test the 'managed' speed to see if it is usable as I want to sign up as many lines as I need before the promo ends. I tested the speed at home. Will try to test again outdoor next billing cycle which it should be since it is outdoor.

I was watching dramas/movies on mewatch. haha.

Another MR lite plan SIM will be coming on 23 May 2020 via delivery which I will use it normally to compliment my Circles.Life 20GB on my main line since I already tested it. I normally do not use mobile data for video streaming on the go even I have 20GB on my Circles.Life. On the go I normally do web surfing, facebook etc. at most. Video streaming is only for urgent purpose. But the data can still go quite fast even during the circuit breaker period. I only left 12.5GB on my Circles.Life now.

I have using TPG (2GB/day + 1Mbps managed speed unlimited at home since I do not have fibre broadband) which the 1Mbps managed speed is fine for me even for light video streaming or any http direct download. As the trial ends this month, I need to find alternative as well.

besides, MR lite plan does not work for my Mega app below on my iPhone. It has no issue on TPG/Circles.Life.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mega/id706857885

Instagram can load at times but lag, its well known for burning data app.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Instagram can load at times but lag, its well known for burning data app.

i see.

i think it is expected also. 384kbps can only do that much. cannot expect too much on a $10 plan that is well balanced.

if it is TPG 1Mbps throttled speed, loading of images on instagram should be ok.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,421
Reaction score
18,604
forgot to test. haha. will test again if got chance.



yeah. 6GB overnight. I wanted to test the 'managed' speed to see if it is usable as I want to sign up as many lines as I need before the promo ends. I tested the speed at home. Will try to test again outdoor next billing cycle which it should be since it is outdoor.

I was watching dramas/movies on mewatch. haha.

Another MR lite plan SIM will be coming on 23 May 2020 via delivery which I will use it normally to compliment my Circles.Life 20GB on my main line since I already tested it. I normally do not use mobile data for video streaming on the go even I have 20GB on my Circles.Life. On the go I normally do web surfing, facebook etc. at most. Video streaming is only for urgent purpose. But the data can still go quite fast even during the circuit breaker period. I only left 12.5GB on my Circles.Life now.

I have using TPG (2GB/day + 1Mbps managed speed unlimited at home since I do not have fibre broadband) which the 1Mbps managed speed is fine for me even for light video streaming or any http direct download. As the trial ends this month, I need to find alternative as well.

besides, MR lite plan does not work for my Mega app below on my iPhone. It has no issue on TPG/Circles.Life.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mega/id706857885

When your TPG trial ending, because your home no fibre, you need some replacement after trial has ended. MyRepublic do have unlimited data plans as well, $48/mth for unlimited everything. Or you can take up M1, 180GB at $50/mth:s22:
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
When your TPG trial ending, because your home no fibre, you need some replacement after trial has ended. MyRepublic do have unlimited data plans as well, $48/mth for unlimited everything. Or you can take up M1, 180GB at $50/mth:s22:

ON M1 network
MyRepublic $48 - 120GB with unlimited (with promo: $38)
M1: $50 180GB (1 year contract)
Circles: $38 100GB with unlimited (with promo: $18 - cis)

ON SINGTEL network
Grid: $37.90 100GB


Sign up bb will still be the cheapest. $26.90 for 500mbps.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
When your TPG trial ending, because your home no fibre, you need some replacement after trial has ended. MyRepublic do have unlimited data plans as well, $48/mth for unlimited everything. Or you can take up M1, 180GB at $50/mth:s22:

$48 per month also comes with speed cap rite? I think it is the same speed cap as lite plan as 384kbps? The 4GB/day actually is not a lot too.

180GB is quite a bit but I still prefer unlimited one. Those with high data bundle also will incur extra charge if exceeds it. It is quite risky and difficult to track for extra usage.
 
Last edited:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
$48 per month also comes with speed cap rite? I think it is the same speed cap as lite plan as 384kbps? The 4GB/day actually is not a lot too.

180GB is quite a bit but I still prefer unlimited one. Those with high data bundle also will incur extra charge if exceeds it. It is quite risky and difficult to track for extra usage.

ON M1 network
MyRepublic $48 - 120GB with unlimited (with promo: $38)
M1: $50 180GB (1 year contract)
Circles: $38 100GB with unlimited (with promo: $18 - cis)

ON SINGTEL network
Grid: $37.90 100GB


Sign up bb will still be the cheapest. $26.90 for 500mbps.

The Circles CIS promo now is only valid for 3 months, not the inital 12 months.

Also, MyRepublic $38 promo is only valid if you have MR Fibre. Since he don't have fixed broadband at all, that promo is basically useless.

I can't guarantee this, but I do expect for the MR Unlimited Plan, the throttle is probably capped at 1.2Mbps, not 384kbps. Afterall, MR CSOs say that the throttled speeds range between 384kbps and 1.2Mbps, but the MR Lite is confirmed to be 384kbps. So the 1.2Mbps is likely to be the Unlimited Plan one.

At that price ($48/mth), actually you're better off using Circles 100GB + Unlimited ($38/mth), and use the $10/mth to sign up for TPG 50GB, maybe as redundancy or load balancing. More data overall too, just lesser talk and text bundles.

forgot to test. haha. will test again if got chance.



yeah. 6GB overnight. I wanted to test the 'managed' speed to see if it is usable as I want to sign up as many lines as I need before the promo ends. I tested the speed at home. Will try to test again outdoor next billing cycle which it should be since it is outdoor.

I was watching dramas/movies on mewatch. haha.

Another MR lite plan SIM will be coming on 23 May 2020 via delivery which I will use it normally to compliment my Circles.Life 20GB on my main line since I already tested it. I normally do not use mobile data for video streaming on the go even I have 20GB on my Circles.Life. On the go I normally do web surfing, facebook etc. at most. Video streaming is only for urgent purpose. But the data can still go quite fast even during the circuit breaker period. I only left 12.5GB on my Circles.Life now.

I have using TPG (2GB/day + 1Mbps managed speed unlimited at home since I do not have fibre broadband) which the 1Mbps managed speed is fine for me even for light video streaming or any http direct download. As the trial ends this month, I need to find alternative as well.

besides, MR lite plan does not work for my Mega app below on my iPhone. It has no issue on TPG/Circles.Life.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mega/id706857885

The MR Lite plan does not work when it is on managed speeds or full speed? If use VPN, will it help?

Video streaming on managed speeds... 360p seems to be quite bad leh. I mean it is still watchable but details not that sharp. Haha
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top