MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,112
Reaction score
8,412
You ported out from the Uno plan to redone right? Now back to the Lite plan :s13:

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 Gold using GAGT

is uno to circlelife $0, spare line for old phone :o

main line is singtel to starhub to m1 to redone $8 to myrepublic lite :o

but starhub + redone, reception is not so good in yuhua + EW underground line, 4g a bit slower than M1 + Singtel
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,344
Reaction score
18,575
yuhua area is not good, esp yuhua mkt, cannot even heard the other party clearly during calls.

Even TPG is better.

Main starhub line is also bad in Yuhua? I think why MyRepublic switched to M1 is the constant complaints about the network.

I'm still on UNO plan, using starhub, when it started, I keep having missed calls even though phone did not ring. Many of the times, missed lots of job opportunities. Would really hope they switch to M1 network soon.
 

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,112
Reaction score
8,412
Main starhub line is also bad in Yuhua? I think why MyRepublic switched to M1 is the constant complaints about the network.

I'm still on UNO plan, using starhub, when it started, I keep having missed calls even though phone did not ring. Many of the times, missed lots of job opportunities. Would really hope they switch to M1 network soon.

Yes using main starhub also same, miss calls when phone did not rang and sometimes when pick up call, phone hanged, I thought my phone spoilt, changed phone brand also same.

M1 to my experience is much better.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,344
Reaction score
18,575
Yes using main starhub also same, miss calls when phone did not rang and sometimes when pick up call, phone hanged, I thought my phone spoilt, changed phone brand also same.

M1 to my experience is much better.

Wah, didn't know starhub mno also got the phantom of the missed calls
 

morkutao

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
6
Yes using main starhub also same, miss calls when phone did not rang and sometimes when pick up call, phone hanged, I thought my phone spoilt, changed phone brand also same.

M1 to my experience is much better.

no wonder... thought it’s my phone daiji when i experienced such situation too...

will get miss call but the phone doesn’t ring at all
 

ahsiong

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
315
Reaction score
25
MyRepublic Lite $10 plan boundless speed is 300-400kbps or 0.3-0.4mbps

Wah so slow? I'm on Zero1. Their managed speed is about 1 Mbps after the initial high speed limit. Even at 1 Mbps, can't watch WhatsApp video smoothly while downloading.
 

ahsiong

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
315
Reaction score
25
Does MR support overseas call and SMS roaming service? Do I need to have data roaming in order to make or receive calls and SMS overseas?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,344
Reaction score
18,575
no wonder... thought it’s my phone daiji when i experienced such situation too...

will get miss call but the phone doesn’t ring at all
You too? I also thought it's phone issue too as I'm on a dual-sim phone. MyRepublic is my secondary sim on 3G while my primary is on 4G.
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
So the new sim card or new plan is now on M1 network. Need to set APN or use m1 default APN sunsurf (like circles life).

Anyone know?
 

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,112
Reaction score
8,412
So the new sim card or new plan is now on M1 network. Need to set APN or use m1 default APN sunsurf (like circles life).

Anyone know?

no, apn is M1 sunsurf when put in phone, not myrepublic
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,237
Reaction score
9,005
I just applied for the Lite plan, porting for my parent's line. I do not see any upfront deposit.

Recurring $10/mth starts next month, SIM delivery is free. I put delivery as 30 Apr, so the billing cycle starts the 1st of every month.

bill date will start from delivery date, ie. 30 apr for u.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,344
Reaction score
18,575
bill date will start from delivery date, ie. 30 apr for u.

I've checked with MyRepublic few days ago before signing up, they said their system do not have billing date on 30 Apr. So the billing cycle will start 1st for 30th delivery date. No delivery date for 1 May too.
 
Last edited:

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,237
Reaction score
9,005
I've checked with MyRepublic few days ago before signing up, they said their system do not have billing date on 30 Apr. So the billing cycle will start 1st for 30th delivery date. No delivery date for 1 May too.

my point is delivery date = bill start date.
 

ahsiong

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
315
Reaction score
25
Does everyone need to pay $100 deposit when signing up with MR? I was going to transfer in my existing number but the sign up page tell me they need a $100 deposit.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,344
Reaction score
18,575
Does everyone need to pay $100 deposit when signing up with MR? I was going to transfer in my existing number but the sign up page tell me they need a $100 deposit.

Nope, some users here have encountered the $100 deposit. It might be due to credit rating. How many lines do you have with your previous telcos? Have you paid off the bills?
 

ahsiong

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
315
Reaction score
25
Nope, some users here have encountered the $100 deposit. It might be due to credit rating. How many lines do you have with your previous telcos? Have you paid off the bills?

I've 3 lines under my name and I've always pay my phone bills and credit bills in time. Why do they consider me as a bad credit rating?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top