MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

sharah

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
61
Reaction score
21
But will u cut uno?
I have 2 uno

Now dunno shld take up the lite or port over to tpg

That's the idea to switch from Uno to Lite.
UNO: $8 /1 GB/1000 minutes/1000 SMS
Lite : $10/ 6 GB/300 minutes / 300 SMS

If you value more talk time, stay with UNO, but then in the days of whatsapp, I have never ever used even a quarter of the talk time in last 2 years. So, 300 Minutes is much more than what I need. On the otherhand, I almost and always need about 3-5GB data per month, which the Lite plan perfectly fits in. Price-wise, I do not see much of a difference between both the plans, but once you sign on the dot, you will permanently get out of UNO plan.

Given that the competition is picking up, there will be no dearth of value plans priced about 10 SGD in the days to come from all the telecom providers and there is absolutely no loyalty to any one of them.
 

ash like snow

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
4,247
Reaction score
19
Hi, I'm intending to help my mum signup for the Lite plan ($10/mth for 6gb). Currently she's using starhub prepaid card. May I know if I wanna port over the same number to MR, how am I supposed to do so?

Will they send a new sim card (with current hp number)?
Able to track the usage? Any apps?

Sent from Home using GAGT
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,735
Reaction score
2,326
Hi, I'm intending to help my mum signup for the Lite plan ($10/mth for 6gb). Currently she's using starhub prepaid card. May I know if I wanna port over the same number to MR, how am I supposed to do so?

Will they send a new sim card (with current hp number)?
Able to track the usage? Any apps?

Sent from Home using GAGT
Convert to Starhub simonly no contract, you need to convert from prepaid to postpaid at your current telco. Then after that port out to MR.
 

ash like snow

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
4,247
Reaction score
19
Convert to Starhub simonly no contract, you need to convert from prepaid to postpaid at your current telco. Then after that port out to MR.

Oh thank you!
Because she's not a frequent data user, is MR the lowest gb provider (6gb)?

Sent from Home using GAGT
 

ash like snow

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
4,247
Reaction score
19
Thank you both. For MR lite plan, it says unlimited data after exceed (eg: after 6gb), so is after 6gb?

Sent from Home using GAGT
 

sharah

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
61
Reaction score
21
Thank you both. For MR lite plan, it says unlimited data after exceed (eg: after 6gb), so is after 6gb?

Sent from Home using GAGT

I was on Uno plan till yesterday. After exceeding 1GB limit, the data speeds are much lower. I have never measured it, but I must say I could still make both audio and video calls on whatsapp after the limit without any problem. Youtube certainly did not do well. Browsing websites, emails etc do not see any material difference after the data limit.
 

ash like snow

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
4,247
Reaction score
19
I was on Uno plan till yesterday. After exceeding 1GB limit, the data speeds are much lower. I have never measured it, but I must say I could still make both audio and video calls on whatsapp after the limit without any problem. Youtube certainly did not do well. Browsing websites, emails etc do not see any material difference after the data limit.

Thank you. Now still got uno plan? With the price difference of $2, I think Lite is a better choice? Assuming one only uses WhatsApp call.

Sent from Home using GAGT
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,400
Reaction score
18,594
I was on Uno plan till yesterday. After exceeding 1GB limit, the data speeds are much lower. I have never measured it, but I must say I could still make both audio and video calls on whatsapp after the limit without any problem. Youtube certainly did not do well. Browsing websites, emails etc do not see any material difference after the data limit.

I though this month MyRepublic gave you extra 5GB for compensation for disruption last month. I got 1+5GB this month for UNO plan.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,400
Reaction score
18,594
Thank you. Now still got uno plan? With the price difference of $2, I think Lite is a better choice? Assuming one only uses WhatsApp call.

Sent from Home using GAGT

UNO and UNO18 plan no more as these plans are retired. However, Uno plans are good because they offer one thousand minutes of outgoing calls and one thousand SMS at just $8.
 

sharah

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
61
Reaction score
21
I though this month MyRepublic gave you extra 5GB for compensation for disruption last month. I got 1+5GB this month for UNO plan.

That's right, I also got 6 GB also for this month.
The sad fact is that I have not used a single byte of this data as I am completely on WIFI every day because of **.
 

my6600

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
1,396
Reaction score
5
lite plan really very hot hot..

delivery time slot already 03 June 2020 onwards...

not really becos it is hot. Their delivery slot is all the while 20 days later. I signed up earlier this month, my slot is also after that.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top