New and Improved MM2H

inf|uencer

Banned
Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
2,485
It depends on the government of the day in MY and SG. I think 1:4 is the max we can go.

I foresee SG grappling with severe ageing problems in 10 years. This will lower our productivity and economic power.

Our population is not just ageing, but ageing rapidly. In 2010, about 1 in 10 Singaporeans were aged 65 and above. A decade later, in 2020, it has risen to about 1 in 6. By 2030, another 10 years later, it would be almost 1 in 4 Singaporeans over 65.

https://www.pmo.gov.sg/Newsroom/PM-Lee-Hsien-Loong-at-the-Singapore-Ageing-Issues-and-Challenges-Ahead-Book-Launch#:~:text=Our population is not just,in 4 Singaporeans over 65.
most people are already bypassing singapore for msia.....due to the increasing cost of living....so depends on what u want
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,225
Reaction score
2,224
so is the threshold limit for foreigners purchasing property lowered to 750k?
 

andyhtc

Suspended
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
20,974
Reaction score
11,114
so is the threshold limit for foreigners purchasing property lowered to 750k?

Some older condos have the $500k RM limit for foreigners. This MM2H raised it to $750k RM. The better 2-bedroom condos are typically above this threshold.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
751
Read that dependents includes children when they grow up between 21 to 34 years old! So happy, now my kids can stay with me in JB till they get married.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
751
Now everyone with a paid up property like hdb can retire in Msia already.

Property in JB and Msia set to boom.
 

Crooni

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
21,618
Reaction score
3,490
sg work 1.5 years get invitation for pr

work 3 years get invitation for citizenship

free one
 

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2000
Messages
11,690
Reaction score
1,333
Let's say I don't apply for this. I buy a condo at whatever price I need to as a pure foreigner.

I just go in and out - maybe stay 2-3 weeks there then come back SG for a week or so, go back and repeat. What's the difference? Workable?

If workable then don't even need to lock up roughly SG$70k in their bank as FD for the lowest tier.
 

kaputzzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
19,445
Reaction score
3,526
Theoretically can apply for the visa then act as a 2nd home while still working in sg... Thus the name mm2h! Then their kastam won't jjww liao and no need exit and reentry every 30 days
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
751
Let's say I don't apply for this. I buy a condo at whatever price I need to as a pure foreigner.

I just go in and out - maybe stay 2-3 weeks there then come back SG for a week or so, go back and repeat. What's the difference? Workable?

If workable then don't even need to lock up roughly SG$70k in their bank as FD for the lowest tier.
There have been reports of such people getting blocked at their immigration. Reported in Living in JB forum.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top