New and Improved MM2H

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2000
Messages
11,690
Reaction score
1,333
My wife and I are thinking of buying a small condo there, just for us. We will keep our HDB as it's fully paid up.

Kids will stay in SG or in our HDB.

We can FIRE earlier if we live in JB more than 50% of the time.
 

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2000
Messages
11,690
Reaction score
1,333
There have been reports of such people getting blocked at their immigration. Reported in Living in JB forum.

This is what I am worried of, yes. Not sure what is their threshold. But in theory... If they block me from entering I am okay since I still have a HDB in SG. Won't become homeless.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
751
Sg property likely to moderate or trend downwards while Msia property should trend upwards.
 

kaputzzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
19,443
Reaction score
3,526
Let's say I don't apply for this. I buy a condo at whatever price I need to as a pure foreigner.

I just go in and out - maybe stay 2-3 weeks there then come back SG for a week or so, go back and repeat. What's the difference? Workable?

If workable then don't even need to lock up roughly SG$70k in their bank as FD for the lowest tier.
Main benefit is no need to exit every 30 days. If you don't mind exit and reentry every 30 days can just stick to the normal chop stamp to renew for 30 days each time lor.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
751
My wife and I are thinking of buying a small condo there, just for us. We will keep our HDB as it's fully paid up.

Kids will stay in SG or in our HDB.

We can FIRE earlier if we live in JB more than 50% of the time.
We can also FIRE now with our kids and stay in JB while renting out Sg condo. Only problem is elder boy still attending polytechnic.
 

TapInTapOut

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,043
Let's say I don't apply for this. I buy a condo at whatever price I need to as a pure foreigner.

I just go in and out - maybe stay 2-3 weeks there then come back SG for a week or so, go back and repeat. What's the difference? Workable?

If workable then don't even need to lock up roughly SG$70k in their bank as FD for the lowest tier.
this one will have risk of lim kopi, and/or banned from entering/exit Malaysia... with MM2H Silver pass at least u can properly live in MY, and commute back and forth how many times u want.
 

Oldnerd79

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
664
Reaction score
308
Can consider silver scheme, rm500k not too bad. But one year later can take out 50% must use to buy property?
 

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
40,959
Reaction score
14,560
Can consider silver scheme, rm500k not too bad. But one year later can take out 50% must use to buy property?
Didn't say MUST buy. So means can rent..they just want your funds in the fd to invest. After 1 year you can take out 50% to spend.

This is more palatable. I'll be a regular at bluwave
 

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2000
Messages
11,690
Reaction score
1,333
Both husband and wife need to apply right? Otherwise risk of one being able to cross border but the other being stopped?

Cause if only one needs to apply, the amount of money locked inside is halved.
 

rayzzzz82

Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2014
Messages
362
Reaction score
44
How long after getting the platinum mm2h visa then can apply PR?

Also can withdraw FD once PR approved?
 

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
40,959
Reaction score
14,560
If feasible, can rent forest city condo and drive in/out 2nd link daily…. My workplace in Tuas…..:D
Sg property collect rent. Shiok right? Something like what jhk are doing except you collect rent.

If budget enough, use rent to pay for 2nd property in sg.
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,206
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top