New forum: Bugs reporting list!

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
Can allow increase of the page width to 100% like last time? The insert emoticon should be on the first line instead of being hidden under the 3 dots. Typically, under UX design, those commonly used functions should be easily accessible with as less clicks as possible.
the XenForo-default style (after the revamp of this page) was awesome until HWZ mods decided to remove it.
 

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
45,872
Reaction score
1,923
1. isn't this really really small on mobile? doesn't look like a concern.
2. you can turn off grid layout in preferences, but I understand there are other blocks beyond this -- we're working to find an equilibrium to improve for mobile users.
Pretty much depends on the mobile browser app they use.

As for PC browser, like you said, they disable the add-on, then no problem liao. Currently snow storm hit US, hence a lot of places got power outage, causing those US hosting servers to be down or bandwidth limitly rerouted, thats why it is slow. Once they disable the addon bo daiji already.
 

Ryuichi

Master Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2003
Messages
3,485
Reaction score
179
Hi Admin,

Just curious why there always a need to fetch/lazy load certain contents when i refresh the page?

This is very annoying for user interaction, especially when the nav panel (or flex box) will expand during the pre-fetch, and then revert upon fetching. I ended up clicking the wrong link when the fetch are completed.



I am using Google's Chrome
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,129
Reaction score
3,101

buttbERry

Honorary Mentor
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
466,043
Reaction score
48,216
Page width 100% can - click the slider icon located at the top bar (beside a light bulb icon) then enable "Fluid Width".
seems like i cant save this setting permanently. have to click every time i log in. Any idea?
 

grizzly76

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
49,925
Reaction score
73,851
Can post image to sig when editing sig on mobile, but sig does not appear when reading.
Conversely, can’t post image in sig when on desktop, but seeing full sig in desktop
 

Zerohiten

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
1,532
Reaction score
3
seems like i cant save this setting permanently. have to click every time i log in. Any idea?
I think this setting is cookie based or something cause it happens to me when I use my work laptop where cookie are wiped every session, my home desktop is ok.
 

buttbERry

Honorary Mentor
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
466,043
Reaction score
48,216
I think this setting is cookie based or something cause it happens to me when I use my work laptop where cookie are wiped every session, my home desktop is ok.
thanks.. how to overcome this without not clearing cookies?
 

Zerohiten

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
1,532
Reaction score
3
thanks.. how to overcome this without not clearing cookies?
I also don't know.. every login redo the setting lor... haha

@Dr.Vijay - I have been getting Service unavailable error whenever I tried to view this particular page in mobile Chrome, no issue if I view it on Desktop Chrome.
 

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
45,872
Reaction score
1,923
thanks.. how to overcome this without not clearing cookies?

Just do your refresh will do. I doing F5.

It is not the cookie but rather the browser cache. Once the cache is refreshed, then the 503 can skip. I do see this page too.

What can be worked on is the editing bar for typing messages. Icons can be smaller, idea is to minimise the number of clicks to get to advance editor. Moderators you can take it how other people are doing so, be it another forum, be it a website hosting site, or even an educational website, all are using editors in advance mode directly. Users save time having to do the things they wanted. Netizen are tech savvy these days, hence there is no need to cater for beginners. Eventually, everyone learn how to use it effectively.
 

articland05

Honorary Member
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
120,960
Reaction score
41,898
not sure if this has been reported before.

when I post a reply like this one, in order to go next line I either have to put a space, full stop or comma before the carriage return works. if I just ended my sentence without a space, full stop or comma even if I keep tapping the enter key the blinking cursor will just not go down to a new line.

I'm using mobile Brave browser, google keyboard.
 

bump&bump

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2021
Messages
642
Reaction score
245
I posted the contents below onto the tips to navigate thread and then this thread last page can open again.

Why the bug reporting thread showing this error message again ? Can view all other threads except this bug reporting topic.

Windows 10, browsers : Edge & Chrome same thing.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.


Every now and then I see this error, which only happens for this bug reporting thread. Usually it will become ok after some time.

It seems trying to view the last page of this thread will trigger this error. Can view all the earlier pages, except the last page.
 

mfsi1202

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
651
Reaction score
25
time of posting -

old forum - show exact time posted

new forum - show how many minutes ago, need to plus & minus the minutes from the hours to know the exact time - very troublesome
 

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
32,714
Reaction score
78
Sometimes when i want to press on a thread, the advert completes loading at the same time.

This cause the page to "shift" or get "push down", end up click on wrong thread
 

staplefoodpopiah

Suspended
Joined
Dec 21, 2020
Messages
416
Reaction score
49
first-day loading speed is immediate and very impressive. now loading speed is so slow took about few seconds why ah
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,424
Reaction score
3,246
i don't like this current way of replying

When I am reading a thread and I want to post a comment, I'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and type in the text box below then post it from there.

I don't want to click on Reply on anyone's post, because then that person's post is quoted.

On the old forum last time, there was the Quick Reply button.

with the Quick Reply button, 1 time press it will bring me to the empty text box i can start typing in
Suggestion by user @orpisia for admin’s consideration
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top