New forum: Bugs reporting list!

camoguysg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
19,094
Reaction score
3,699
Im still getting the "continue to site" on my Samsung browser regardless whether i on or off the ad blocker. I have to wait for at least 10s each time before the page will load. Any solution yet to this?
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,424
Reaction score
3,246
And of course the easy access to smileys of the old forum... this one I had to click the 3 dots... then click the smiley icon, then scroll to look for the 1 smiley I want to use... whereas the old one iirc it was always there at the side at least those that you always use. I am not saying the new forum no good or anything.. but there are the simple things that I missed... as you can see... I think lesser smileys are used, if you had noticed it.
Suggestion by @BlackWing1977 : For admins to see if UI/UX can be rearranged to put emoticons more prominently on the main edit bar or other places as it is an often used feature by users
 

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
45,872
Reaction score
1,923
As long as programmer do direct editing to the forum to make changes, the hosting server will be slowed. This is basic server management knowledge.
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
I personally have no problems with ads as long as they are not intrusive.

The problem I have with the new forums is that the ads take too long to load, and when they load, the rest of the page shifts down. So if I wanna click on a link at the same time the ad loads, I end up clicking the wrong link and entering the wrong thread.

Was wondering if this could be fixed? E.g. maybe implement a fixed height placeholder while waiting for the actual ad to load? If not I will have to resort to an ad blocker...
 

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
21,056
Reaction score
1,513
1. search engine is missing a lot of indexes aka can't search a lot of posts
2. please restore the old youtube tag as backward compatibility for old threads using them
 

beano

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,551
Reaction score
3,251
Welp.

I gotten 503 again when refreshing this thread.

f0gdJPn.png


But its loadable when I open first page of this thread though.
SQL/PHP issue?
Was about to post this as well, happened a few times today..
 

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2004
Messages
48,789
Reaction score
10,955
new forum seems to use more computing resources
on my pentium g3240 can feel loading and scroll abit laggy

on my i7-11700 feels buttery smooth
:(
 

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
25,210
Reaction score
453
Serially too many damn ads. Two same ads in one page some more
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,129
Reaction score
3,101
When loading page, can fix the image width (especially the ads)?

Damn irritating to see the page jumping. Always click on wrong links.

While we're still in discussions with stakeholders regarding ads, we tried fixing the ad container size but this affected both desktop and mobile pages :(

I understand it's not ideal, but do give us more time to hopefully sort things out. o_O
 

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
82,783
Reaction score
10,130
Not sure if reported. If click on safari (iphone) back button twice... will return white blank page
 

beano

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,551
Reaction score
3,251
Seems like many ppl like to use mobile to browse HWZ? I think its time to fast track the app development..
 

kaemi123

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2015
Messages
125
Reaction score
2
Search for forums also not fixed yet? Or is it no results for threads prior to migration?
 

zheng

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2001
Messages
52,621
Reaction score
48,698
While we're still in discussions with stakeholders regarding ads, we tried fixing the ad container size but this affected both desktop and mobile pages :(

I understand it's not ideal, but do give us more time to hopefully sort things out. o_O

ads just keep to top or bottom lah
dont randomly place in the middle lah
banner size will do
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top