New forum: Bugs reporting list!

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
37,207
Reaction score
10,768
Veej, y’all really need to sort out your advertising. I am clicking buttons like ”Next” (as in next page) or ”Prev” (as in previous page) and it will go to other websites instead, e.g. to a SingTel ad page ... when there isn’t even any SingTel ad banner or even ad link anywhere on the page here.

UPDATE: I observe this phenomenon on mobile, and happens if the thing I am tapping on is at the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

Don’t tell me this is deliberate? :s22:
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,151
Reaction score
3,121
screen resolution: 1920*1080
browser: Chrome
browser zoom setting: 100%

when i click on the notification to see who quoted me, i am being directed to the thread. This is fine. But instead of directed to my post, it always the post above me. I have to scroll down to see my post.

Unlike the old forum where specific post links are loaded (or positioned) at the top of your screen, what we notice on the new forum is that it positions the post in question at the centre of the screen.
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,151
Reaction score
3,121
Veej, y’all really need to sort out your advertising. I am clicking buttons like ”Next” (as in next page) or ”Prev” (as in previous page) and it will go to other websites instead, e.g. to a SingTel ad page ... when there isn’t even any SingTel ad banner or even ad link anywhere on the page here.

UPDATE: I observe this phenomenon on mobile, and happens if the thing I am tapping on is at the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

Don’t tell me this is deliberate? :s22:

Uh oh... definitely not deliberate. Heh.

Could you share your browser, version and phone model used? We've seen some issues that only occur in some specific circumstances, so this might be one of them. I've not seen feedback pertaining to this similar issue yet.
 

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
37,207
Reaction score
10,768
Uh oh... definitely not deliberate. Heh.

Could you share your browser, version and phone model used? We've seen some issues that only occur in some specific circumstances, so this might be one of them. I've not seen feedback pertaining to this similar issue yet.
iPhone SE 2020, surfing on Safari.

Anyways, I believe my conclusion is accurate ... it has to do with the ”removable” ad that comes up at the bottom of the screen - when you tap the down-arrow, it’s supposed to close that bottom ad, but it’s not closed at all, it really just becomes invisible, but if you tap anywhere where this bottom ad ”bar” was supposed to be as if you didn’t tap the down-arrow, e.g. the ”Next” or ”Prev” button, either nothing happens, or it opens the URL the already-”closed” bottom ad is supposed to bring you to, because apparently the bottom ad ”bar” has specific points you are supposed to tap.

UPDATE: Also tested on Safari on an iPhone 8, same thing.
 
Last edited:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,151
Reaction score
3,121
Thanks for checking with the tech team. However, I saved the settings while I was logged in yesterday. Then I logged out and cleared all my cookies, and when I logged in today, the settings still weren't saved.

Looks like this is something we'll have to work/tweak on how the cookies are treated.
Also, my bad that this particular feature isn't saved as part of your profile info and it's only based on cookie data.
 

SheepAries

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Messages
119
Reaction score
23
This forum is really bad man, takes forever to load and consumes so much power. My advice is to fire everyone including doctor Vijay and all who worked on this project. It’s an absolute disgrace.
 

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
98,725
Reaction score
2,502
I installed Adblock , and I can't load the forum pages anymore (until I disabled Adblock). Is it a feature that I must allow ads ?
 

IndianChief

Banned
Joined
Dec 9, 2015
Messages
25,482
Reaction score
8,357
Now got fat white bar at the bottom when using Android Chrome

Smart-Select-20210426-204335-Chrome.jpg
 

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
33,081
Reaction score
6,420
Noticed the notification for subscribed threads to be a bit buggy. The alert will not go away despite clicking on the button. Compelled to go into the thread to get rid of the alert.
 

The_Davis

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2001
Messages
152,262
Reaction score
14,918
While we're still in discussions with stakeholders regarding ads, we tried fixing the ad container size but this affected both desktop and mobile pages :(

I understand it's not ideal, but do give us more time to hopefully sort things out. o_O
Ads format changed since rollout.
Now got bottom ad + flying ads?

(Just curious)
 

King.Koopa

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2014
Messages
26,361
Reaction score
5,443
I notice increase latency since last weekend also. On samsung Internet browser, s9+.

Clicked on wrong threads many times :s22:
My lag issue solved already after i reset my phone. But find it annoying always press back sometimes end up refresh instead...
 

moolala

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
12,241
Reaction score
948
sorry to hijack but how do i see the "likes i have given"? old forum used to have this...

also how to see my bookmarks..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top