Note 4 Battery Life

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
I read online that charge your phone when battery level is 20-40% and plug it out when it's 80-90% to prolong battery life. Do anyone do that here?

Sent from GAGT Android App

Don't need to do that. Just charge whenever you need, don't wait until 0% then start charging. No matter what you do, the battery has its own life span and you can't really do much to improve it due to the chemistry inside.
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
If you have apps that serve up ads, there's a potential that they cause battery drain in the background that shows up as a Google services wakelock. One example is the new 9gag app. Ever since it implemented ads in a completely moronic way (constant refreshing in the background), it tanked my Note 3's battery life. Uninstalling it returned my phone to the usual 5hr SoT performance.
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
I always charge between low battery to 30+ %. I charge it daily. But never empty until 0% to charge. Only try once when 1% Then off the phone to recalibrate.

The rest charge it while on.
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
308d4r4.jpg


2w5kjgm.jpg
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,220
Reaction score
5,200
What I do is I plug into wall socket in office. At night when I'm relaxing in bed on the phone I also plug it in. I find it stays at 100% almost all the time. I read when at 100% the phone operates directly from the power source don't know how true. If true that would significantly extend the battery lifE, no?
 

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
235
What I do is I plug into wall socket in office. At night when I'm relaxing in bed on the phone I also plug it in. I find it stays at 100% almost all the time. I read when at 100% the phone operates directly from the power source don't know how true. If true that would significantly extend the battery lifE, no?

Don't read too much it can be harmful ;)

Never, if you can, to use your phone while charging, it's very bad for battery as it's draining while charging, all the power will go through battery then the CPU, so no direct draw, similar to Laptop theory.

If you wanna confirm on this, take out your battery and plug in and see if you can power on the phone haha
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
The thing that kills the battery is heat. Whenever you charge your phone, heat is produced. So the more heat you introduced to your battery, the lesser the lifespan. That's why people recommend that you do not use your phone while it's charging, and not to leave your phone on the charger, or charge too frequently.
 

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,812
Reaction score
71
The thing that kills the battery is heat. Whenever you charge your phone, heat is produced. So the more heat you introduced to your battery, the lesser the lifespan. That's why people recommend that you do not use your phone while it's charging, and not to leave your phone on the charger, or charge too frequently.

whenever the phone is in use, heat is also generated wor.
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
The thing that kills the battery is heat. Whenever you charge your phone, heat is produced. So the more heat you introduced to your battery, the lesser the lifespan. That's why people recommend that you do not use your phone while it's charging, and not to leave your phone on the charger, or charge too frequently.

correct me if I am wrong. So we should charge our phones in fridge for battery longevity? =:p
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
whenever the phone is in use, heat is also generated wor.
Yup. That's why your phone battery will continue to deteriorate over time.

correct me if I am wrong. So we should charge our phones in fridge for battery longevity? =:p
Nope, it doesn't matter if you charge in your fridge. When there is reactions happening in your battery, heat will be produce, the fridge doesn't stop that reaction. It's all chemistry bs from here on, I don't know how to explain. :s13:
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
Yup. That's why your phone battery will continue to deteriorate over time.


Nope, it doesn't matter if you charge in your fridge. When there is reactions happening in your battery, heat will be produce, the fridge doesn't stop that reaction. It's all chemistry bs from here on, I don't know how to explain. :s13:

=:p Simply put. Heat is the root of all evil in electronics, yet we cannot live without it. :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top