Nov 2012 BTO

yukita

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,631
Reaction score
255
Oic thanks.. but I still have to take into account ethnic quota right? Hope I can get a good queue number so that I can select a high floor unit..
yes of course must take in the ethnic quota ...
wanted to apply ghim moh edge 4 room, but difficult to swallow the price, i love everything except the price :( ... hence apply at sengkang 5 room (still cheaper than ghim moh 4 room price) :o

first time apply, hope can get good number ... :D
 

jareon81

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
OOT abit..
Whats the estimated price for SA in whampoa/kallang ah?

My guess is that it will be a bit cheaper than the studios at McNair Towers. Maybe 10k to 15k less?

The McNair pricing is
37sqm: $124,000 - $142,000
47sqm: $164,000 - $174,000

I think the new plot is in a pretty good spot, nearby is all the eateries and the NTUC and the bus terminal. McNair Towers was a Premium BTO while this new one is a Standard BTO.

Why do you ask anyway? There were lots of unselected studio apartments at McNair Towers.
 
Last edited:

acetylcholine

Master Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
2,600
Reaction score
23
Just to confirm, if I am applying for a BTO flat which is near to my parents, I will only get an increase in the number of ballots? There is no additional monetary grant right? Thanks!
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Just to confirm, if I am applying for a BTO flat which is near to my parents, I will only get an increase in the number of ballots? There is no additional monetary grant right? Thanks!

Yup. You get 2 more chances only.
 

noel13

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
1
Just to confirm, if I am applying for a BTO flat which is near to my parents, I will only get an increase in the number of ballots? There is no additional monetary grant right? Thanks!

That additional will be for resale flat on open market only
 

lzjlee

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
4
Understand that there is a MOP of 5yrs from the date of taking possession of the new flat. But is it possible to apply for another flat within the 5yrs period? i.e applying for another flat due for completion 4yrs later during the 2nd yr of stay. Or must wait for the 5yrs to lapse first before one can apply again..
 

bold10

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Understand that there is a MOP of 5yrs from the date of taking possession of the new flat. But is it possible to apply for another flat within the 5yrs period? i.e applying for another flat due for completi
on 4yrs later during the 2nd yr of stay. Or must wait for the 5yrs to lapse first before one can apply again..
You must complete the 5 yrs MOP if the flat u brought direct from HDB. Cannot apply any BTO before MOP.
 

charel_ong

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2010
Messages
881
Reaction score
0
My guess is that it will be a bit cheaper than the studios at McNair Towers. Maybe 10k to 15k less?

The McNair pricing is
37sqm: $124,000 - $142,000
47sqm: $164,000 - $174,000

I think the new plot is in a pretty good spot, nearby is all the eateries and the NTUC and the bus terminal. McNair Towers was a Premium BTO while this new one is a Standard BTO.

Why do you ask anyway? There were lots of unselected studio apartments at McNair Towers.

Thanks.. Im looking out for my mum .. Wants her to apply SA there cus near her workplace..

Means theres chances for my mum to get one standard flat there? Do u know why there are many unselected flats?

Thanks
 

jareon81

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Thanks.. Im looking out for my mum .. Wants her to apply SA there cus near her workplace..

Means theres chances for my mum to get one standard flat there? Do u know why there are many unselected flats?

Thanks

I actually don't really know why there are so many. There were 579 applicants for 270 studio apartments. But now at the end of the exercise there are 73 untaken units.

Personally I don't really find a studio apartment value for money. The main reason is that the lease is only 30 years. They come in 2 sizes which is 47sqm which is the size a 2-rm HDB (if you look at the 2-rm flats at Punggol Opal these sell from $104,000 to $130,000 but come with 99 year leases - of course there is an income ceiling for these flats but if I was retired I might not have any income) and a smaller size of 37sqm. There are also restrictions, like you can't sell these on the open market, only return to HDB.

If i was a retiree now I would rather keep my existing paid up flat and maybe rent out a room if I needed money. You wouldn't have this option with a studio apartment. I guess I would go for a studio apartment only if I didn't really care about the money and really liked the location. One plus point is that the location of the studio apartments are generally pretty good locations. There also isn't much hassle with moving in as all the fittings are already done like wardrobes etc. Another reason might be so that the children has a higher chance to get a flat in the same project with the priority scheme.
 

ahzai66

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
I actually don't really know why there are so many. There were 579 applicants for 270 studio apartments. But now at the end of the exercise there are 73 untaken units.

Personally I don't really find a studio apartment value for money. The main reason is that the lease is only 30 years. They come in 2 sizes which is 47sqm which is the size a 2-rm HDB (if you look at the 2-rm flats at Punggol Opal these sell from $104,000 to $130,000 but come with 99 year leases - of course there is an income ceiling for these flats but if I was retired I might not have any income) and a smaller size of 37sqm. There are also restrictions, like you can't sell these on the open market, only return to HDB.

If i was a retiree now I would rather keep my existing paid up flat and maybe rent out a room if I needed money. You wouldn't have this option with a studio apartment. I guess I would go for a studio apartment only if I didn't really care about the money and really liked the location. One plus point is that the location of the studio apartments are generally pretty good locations. There also isn't much hassle with moving in as all the fittings are already done like wardrobes etc. Another reason might be so that the children has a higher chance to get a flat in the same project with the priority scheme.

Studio Apartment is another way for the govt to cheat $$$ from the citizens... i really don't see any benefit of it for anyone buying and if you really think thoroughly... u are making a big loss, well... i think most people really never think and calculate properly... they just follow whatever everyone else is doing...
 

flabbyblob

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, first-timer applicant here, applied for 4-rm BTO at queenstown. However, my gf and I are thinking of furthering our studies overseas in about 2-3 years time (2014-2015) for 3 years (returning in 2018-2019). This means that should we get the flat, it could be vacant for about 2 years after it is ready, given the date of completion is 2nd Q of 2017. Two questions:

1. Can I confirm that the MOP starts from the point we return from overseas, since hdb site states physical presence is required?

2. Are we able to rent the unit out in such circumstances where MOP is not satisfied but we are not in the country? Or any idea what we might be able to do instead of leaving the flat vacant? (E.g have the flat choped for us but start paying when we get back?)

We really like the location and our plans to further studies abroad are still not confirmed. Therefore we decided to go ahead with the ballot. Any advice would be most appreciated. We would also be going down to HDB office to find out more, just wanted to see if anyone might have some experience or expertise in such a situation.

Thanks in advance!:)
 

keithster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2004
Messages
11,165
Reaction score
154
Just to confirm, if I am applying for a BTO flat which is near to my parents, I will only get an increase in the number of ballots? There is no additional monetary grant right? Thanks!

new bto only additional chances (4 chances)... no grant... buy resale then got stay near parents grant...
 
Joined
Oct 12, 2012
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, first-timer applicant here, applied for 4-rm BTO at queenstown. However, my gf and I are thinking of furthering our studies overseas in about 2-3 years time (2014-2015) for 3 years (returning in 2018-2019). This means that should we get the flat, it could be vacant for about 2 years after it is ready, given the date of completion is 2nd Q of 2017. Two questions:

1. Can I confirm that the MOP starts from the point we return from overseas, since hdb site states physical presence is required?

2. Are we able to rent the unit out in such circumstances where MOP is not satisfied but we are not in the country? Or any idea what we might be able to do instead of leaving the flat vacant? (E.g have the flat choped for us but start paying when we get back?)

We really like the location and our plans to further studies abroad are still not confirmed. Therefore we decided to go ahead with the ballot. Any advice would be most appreciated. We would also be going down to HDB office to find out more, just wanted to see if anyone might have some experience or expertise in such a situation.

Thanks in advance!:)

Hi there,

I don't think renting out is legal. :o
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top