Nvidia Games app currently free. No subscription needed till the end of the year. Its running on beta. Anyway if you have games in your pc steam account, you can play them on nvidia games without turning on your pc. There will be lag here and there but most of the time its all good.
You can change the region but It will route you back to the assign region. No point changing also.
jus to share..managed to get the homerun and antenna.
tried 3 app
1. live channel ( using hdrun and aurora tv as source) - somehow subtitle dun work. no epg. if use aurora as source, for some reason, first load will not load channel. need to switch channel upon load and it will be ok.
2. hdrun app - same as above. no epg
3. aurora tv - got epg and subtitle. so far think this is the best option.
only thing is aurora tv is some what an subscription app.....so not sure how it works...so far haven seen any ad yet. maybe need to watch long duration den will have ad....cant confirm.yet so no time test.
Using live channel and hdhomerun for awhile now. I think it’s excellent for multiple rooms with TV. Have upgraded all to shield and it works very well. Have tried plex, emby, nextpvr. The easiest and stable is shield live channel + hdhomerun. Can live with no sub and Epg. Important is all family members know how to operate without too many steps
Yes it can watch live tv on 2 devices at the same time since this is a dual tuner. It can also watch live tv while recording another show. If you need they also have a 4 tuner version but is more expensive.
You can watch on your phone or tablet also. But keep in mind, this works only on local network. If you want it to work outside your home network, you need to set it up with Plex Server with a Plex pass.
thinking of getting this to cut the cord
- does the Google Assistant work well?
- does StarHub Go and TVB Anywhere work well? (parents want to keep the VV Drama)
- I just need to get the HDhomerun to act as tuner for local shows?
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.
Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.