ocbc 360 account

lupster

Master Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
3,329
Reaction score
1,625
Typically, when will the bonus interest be credited? Have not received the bonus interest yet for last mth.
 

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,119
Reaction score
18,852
I made 6 bill payment transactions in the month of Dec15 to qualify for the 360 3 transaction bonus.
However 2 of the transactions got rejected.
I would think that 6-2 = 4 successful transactions would still entitle me to the bonus.
However OCBC hotline informed me that as long as any of my transaction got rejected, my entire bonus is voided. How is that fair to the customer?
Why would a rejected transaction void our other transactions as well?

Guys be aware of this.

In future, I will only make exactly 3 bill payments for ocbc and nothing else in case any get rejected and I lose my bonus. You guys should do the same, limit your monthly transactions in OCBC to 3.

Yes that is absolutely unfair.

Not just do ocbc owe you an explanation, they owe every one of us an explanation if their course of activity is not reasonable.
 

bananalow

Junior Member
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
I just wondering why I only get pitiful less than $1 for my 360 Salary bonus. If count by 1.2% p.a. for 2k salary should be getting $2 right? Did I calculate it correctly?
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
I just wondering why I only get pitiful less than $1 for my 360 Salary bonus. If count by 1.2% p.a. for 2k salary should be getting $2 right? Did I calculate it correctly?

you did not calculate correctly. 1.2% is on the deposited amount, not salary. to calculate the salary bonus, you just take the payment bonus times 2.4.

the reason why the salary bonus is pitiful is because the amount you hold in the 360 account is pitiful.

this month, dont withdraw so much of your salary out of your account. the salary bonus will be higher.
 

anfielder

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
4,554
Reaction score
2
I just wondering why I only get pitiful less than $1 for my 360 Salary bonus. If count by 1.2% p.a. for 2k salary should be getting $2 right? Did I calculate it correctly?

interest is based on your average balance, not salary amount.
 

bananalow

Junior Member
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
you did not calculate correctly. 1.2% is on the deposited amount, not salary. to calculate the salary bonus, you just take the payment bonus times 2.4.

the reason why the salary bonus is pitiful is because the amount you hold in the 360 account is pitiful.

this month, dont withdraw so much of your salary out of your account. the salary bonus will be higher.

Hi sorry I still didn't get to understand the calculation method. What do you mean by payment bonus times 2.4? Which payment bonus you refer to?

And let say if I didn't take out any of my salary for eg.2k for whole month, can I assume that next month the the salary bonus would be $2?
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
Hi sorry I still didn't get to understand the calculation method. What do you mean by payment bonus times 2.4? Which payment bonus you refer to?

And let say if I didn't take out any of my salary for eg.2k for whole month, can I assume that next month the the salary bonus would be $2?

hahaha for u to max your benefit on the 360 account, u shld deposit max 60k into the account. With salary crediting of min 2k, u get extra 1.2% on the balance in the account. Interest is calculated as 60k x 1.2%/365*31 days (Jan) assuming u have max 60k in the account.

If u only keep your salary in the account, say 2k credited, interest is calculated based on the number of days the 2k sits in the account, say your salary is only credited into the account on 15 Jan, u earn only 2k x 1.2%/365 * 15 days.

(assuming u maintained 3k min balance in account, add this to calculate the interest)
 
Last edited:

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
Hi sorry I still didn't get to understand the calculation method. What do you mean by payment bonus times 2.4? Which payment bonus you refer to?

And let say if I didn't take out any of my salary for eg.2k for whole month, can I assume that next month the the salary bonus would be $2?

there is only one payment bonus.
eg my payment bonus this month was 1.06
my salary bonus is 2.56
1.06 * 2.4 = 2.544 which is almost 2.56 because of rounding error.

last month my payment bonus was 25.47
my salary bonus was 61.15
25.47*2.4 = 61.13 which is almost 61.15

if your salary is only credited at the end of the month, even if you do not withdraw, you still get pathetic interest. The idea is to hold as much money as you can in your account for the longest period of time.
 

bananalow

Junior Member
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
hahaha for u to max your benefit on the 360 account, u shld deposit max 60k into the account. With salary crediting of min 2k, u get extra 1.2% on the balance in the account. Interest is calculated as 60k x 1.2%/365*31 days (Jan) assuming u have max 60k in the account.

If u only keep your salary in the account, say 2k credited, interest is calculated based on the number of days the 2k sits in the account, say your salary is only credited into the account on 15 Jan, u earn only 2k x 1.2%/365 * 15 days.

(assuming u maintained 3k min balance in account, add this to calculate the interest)

there is only one payment bonus.
eg my payment bonus this month was 1.06
my salary bonus is 2.56
1.06 * 2.4 = 2.544 which is almost 2.56 because of rounding error.

last month my payment bonus was 25.47
my salary bonus was 61.15
25.47*2.4 = 61.13 which is almost 61.15

if your salary is only credited at the end of the month, even if you do not withdraw, you still get pathetic interest. The idea is to hold as much money as you can in your account for the longest period of time.

interest is based on your average balance, not salary amount.


Thanks for showing all the calculation. Finally I know how to calculate already. All based on Average Balance. Thanks for all the help anyway. :s13:

I have save bonus and salary bonus only since I do not own the ocbc 365 cc, so payment bonus calculation is not applicable for me. :)
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
Thanks for showing all the calculation. Finally I know how to calculate already. All based on Average Balance. Thanks for all the help anyway. :s13:

I have save bonus and salary bonus only since I do not own the ocbc 365 cc, so payment bonus calculation is not applicable for me. :)

payment bonus is one of the easiest bonus. you have to pay 3 online bills
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top