ocbc 360 account

jovialger

Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
401
Reaction score
1
Actually there are accounts out there paying 1% interest for savings without having to pay 3 bills and without the need to spend $500 minimum.
 

devion

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2001
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
214
I mistakenly closed my account about a week ago...& I realized that I got a lump sum coming & need to re-open the closed acct. Is there any rule or penalty if I would want to re-open the acct?
In this case, if re-open, would be considered a brand new acct or existing one?
See if able to get answers here else to go to a branch to ask.
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,327
Reaction score
7,549
I mistakenly closed my account about a week ago...& I realized that I got a lump sum coming & need to re-open the closed acct. Is there any rule or penalty if I would want to re-open the acct?
In this case, if re-open, would be considered a brand new acct or existing one?
See if able to get answers here else to go to a branch to ask.
do u mean re-open closed account for same account number for incoming funds?
Haven't heard of re-opening. Better check with the branch quickly.
 

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
6,960
Reaction score
118
I mistakenly closed my account about a week ago...& I realized that I got a lump sum coming & need to re-open the closed acct. Is there any rule or penalty if I would want to re-open the acct?
In this case, if re-open, would be considered a brand new acct or existing one?
See if able to get answers here else to go to a branch to ask.

Hi devion,

We are sorry to hear of this situation.

We are unable to re-open a closed account, and you would need to open up a new account. There are also typically no charges for opening up a new account. Do note that the early closure fee of $30 will be charged for accounts closed within 6 months of opening.

^WX
 

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
Hi devion,

We are sorry to hear of this situation.

We are unable to re-open a closed account, and you would need to open up a new account. There are also typically no charges for opening up a new account. Do note that the early closure fee of $30 will be charged for accounts closed within 6 months of opening.

^WX

Why would he want to set up a new account? That makes no sense at all. He wants his old account back so he can receive his lump sum
 

devion

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2001
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
214
Actually I asked over OCBC counter & the person stated I cannot open new account if it is 360. I need to wait 6 mth minimum to open new 360 acct. Is this correct?
 

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
6,960
Reaction score
118
Actually I asked over OCBC counter & the person stated I cannot open new account if it is 360. I need to wait 6 mth minimum to open new 360 acct. Is this correct?


Hi devion,

We are sorry if there was any mis-information.

If you would like further clarifications, could you PM us your contact number and branch you visited for us to arrange for a callback?

^WX
 

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
6,064
Reaction score
20
I just realised something and made a quick calculation. Need to make sure I am not calculating wrongly.

I have been keeping 3k min in this account and transferring an extra 57k every alternate month to get the 1% save interest. However, I just realised that the average interest for one month is actually only about 0.76%.

Eg: First month only 3k earning 0.05% base and 0.5% payment interest = $1.375.
Second month put in extra 57K: earn 0.05% base and 0.5% payment interest on the first 60K, and 1% save interest on the incremental 57k = $75.
The average for 2 months is $38.18 per month, which translate to 0.76% yield.

Thus, I should just keep the whole 57k in CIMB every month and earn 1% on first 50K and 0.8% on the 7k? No need to continue this musical chair every month?
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
The average for 2 months is $38.18 per month, which translate to 0.76% yield.

Thus, I should just keep the whole 57k in CIMB every month and earn 1% on first 50K and 0.8% on the 7k? No need to continue this musical chair every month?

Cannot average the denominator to derive the 0.76% yield over 2 mths.

your first month's principal is just 3k ... the other 57k is somewhere else earning something which u did not include :)
 

eDisFieD

Master Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
4,412
Reaction score
6
Just a quick curious question...

Did anyone actually purchase a min. 8k insurance product just for that 1% (about $50+ of interest per month)?
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,587
Reaction score
1,218
I did explore last year.

The available options for insurance & investment are limited. Extra gain is too small.

Did not take up in the end.
 

ysyj48

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
537
Reaction score
3
Just a quick curious question...

Did anyone actually purchase a min. 8k insurance product just for that 1% (about $50+ of interest per month)?

did not also. the salesgirl tried very hard to sell but i tend to avoid mixing savings and insurance
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top