ocbc 360 account

Gunboundz

Senior Member
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
1,238
Reaction score
0
Register on 25/04, Card and Account No. letter comes 1 week later (2/05). But now still awaiting for PIN letter to arrive, hopefully next week. Still no news on credit card. Check with OCBC Customer Service reply was application still in process.
 

iMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,344
Reaction score
1,078
I just receive the e-statement of my 360 acct.

In it, I can see there is a Easi-Credit and another Titanium Credit Card, but I couldn't find the FRANK Credit Card info inside?

Did I miss out some step (e.g. do I have to do some "link-up" of the FRANK CC acct into this 360 acct ???)
 

iMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,344
Reaction score
1,078
Anbody here like me? Opened 360 Acct in April..and just received the 1st e-statement for this acct...I don't see my FRANK Credit Card acct inside this e-statement..does it mean they are automatic not linked as one?
 

shau61

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
Anbody here like me? Opened 360 Acct in April..and just received the 1st e-statement for this acct...I don't see my FRANK Credit Card acct inside this e-statement..does it mean they are automatic not linked as one?

Have you activated your Frank credit card? My Frank card was automatically link after I activated it
 

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
93,335
Reaction score
2,817
hey guys, are my online banking code and pin supposed to come together with the notification mail that my account has been opened? my debit card also came...

but i still don't have my online info...

thanks!
 

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
11,520
Reaction score
1,078
If i pay my SAF Term Ins premium to AvivaSG via Giro, does this consider as 1 giro payment?
 

taywk26

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2013
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
For the 3 bill payment bonus payment, if i pay online for my singtel handphone bill, my mum MI phone bill, and finally, singtel internet bill using Ibanking for the ocbc 360, will i be able to qualify for the interest bonus?
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
For the 3 bill payment bonus payment, if i pay online for my singtel handphone bill, my mum MI phone bill, and finally, singtel internet bill using Ibanking for the ocbc 360, will i be able to qualify for the interest bonus?

u duno how to count 1 2 3? :s13:
 

chiaki11

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
240
Reaction score
18
Giro to CC

Hi OCBC,

I know that paying bill to Telco, SP, town council etc are counted as 1 of the 3 bill payment needed.

And paying for the above via credit card on their website or over the counter also qualified as part of the $400.

But what about recurring monthly GIRO payment that I sign up to deduct from my credit card (instead of bank acct)?

Will that count as 1 of the 3 bill payment transaction or count as part of the $400 that I need to spend?
 

anfielder

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
4,554
Reaction score
2
Hi OCBC,

I know that paying bill to Telco, SP, town council etc are counted as 1 of the 3 bill payment needed.

And paying for the above via credit card on their website or over the counter also qualified as part of the $400.

But what about recurring monthly GIRO payment that I sign up to deduct from my credit card (instead of bank acct)?

Will that count as 1 of the 3 bill payment transaction or count as part of the $400 that I need to spend?

a credit card recurring payment is not a GIRO. these count towards the $400 but do not count towards the 3 transactions.
 

jujuhippo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
7,418
Reaction score
10
Just to double confirm

1) Payment to Singtel - using OCBC ibanking and I selected that the payment is to be deducted from my 360 account
2) Payment to my Citibank Credit Card - payment deducted from 360 account
3) Payment to my OCBC frank credit card - payment to be deducted from 360 account.

Does the above 3 qualify for the bonus 1% interest?

For 1), if I choose to charge the bill to my Frank credit card, this will fulfill the other criteria for spending $400 monthly instead of the 3 bills monthly criteria - correct?
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
Just to double confirm

1) Payment to Singtel - using OCBC ibanking and I selected that the payment is to be deducted from my 360 account
2) Payment to my Citibank Credit Card - payment deducted from 360 account
3) Payment to my OCBC frank credit card - payment to be deducted from 360 account.

Does the above 3 qualify for the bonus 1% interest?

For 1), if I choose to charge the bill to my Frank credit card, this will fulfill the other criteria for spending $400 monthly instead of the 3 bills monthly criteria - correct?
if charge 1) to frank card via ocbc ibanking, no cashback 0.5%.. if pay from singtel website, got 0.5%... both case will contribute to $400 spending..

best will be to use ocbc360 to pay minimum amount to the bill like $1 or $5, then the rest charge to frank card via singtel website...

0.5% may not be alot, but its still $ and can be quite a sum if bills are huge..
 

more3cm

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
39
If i pay my SAF Term Ins premium to AvivaSG via Giro, does this consider as 1 giro payment?

In the T&C
i. Pay Any Card - Successfully perform a bill payment from your 360 Account to OCBC or any bank’s Visa or MasterCard credit cards, or American Express and Diner’s Club credit cards, via OCBC Online/Mobile Banking.

ii. Pay Any Bill - Successfully perform a bill payment to any OCBC participating billing organisation from your 360 Account via OCBC Online/Mobile Banking. Bills payments via eNETS are not eligible.

iii. Giro Payments - Successfully make a recurring GIRO payment to any OCBC participating billing organisation from your 360 Account

For i, basically any CC can do

For ii, just use the ocbc ibanking and find the billing organization. If can add it is counted

For iii, I guess the OCBC all-in-one GIRO form is a good reference of which billing org is applicable
 

jujuhippo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
7,418
Reaction score
10
if charge 1) to frank card via ocbc ibanking, no cashback 0.5%.. if pay from singtel website, got 0.5%... both case will contribute to $400 spending..

best will be to use ocbc360 to pay minimum amount to the bill like $1 or $5, then the rest charge to frank card via singtel website...

0.5% may not be alot, but its still $ and can be quite a sum if bills are huge..

thanks for the suggestion on using ocbc360 to pay minimum amount :)
 

beri stupid idiot

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2013
Messages
9,202
Reaction score
1
if charge 1) to frank card via ocbc ibanking, no cashback 0.5%.. if pay from singtel website, got 0.5%... both case will contribute to $400 spending..

best will be to use ocbc360 to pay minimum amount to the bill like $1 or $5, then the rest charge to frank card via singtel website...

0.5% may not be alot, but its still $ and can be quite a sum if bills are huge..

yup i agree with you ... for frank card better to hit 500 vs 400 per mth
 

ark123

Master Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
0
360 Account and Frank Credit Card

If I can pay the bill via CC, I do that. Otherwise use GIRO.
Here is how I am doing it:
1. My NTUC membership and MOE fee payment is on GIRO, as these cannot be paid using CC.
2. Now I need only one more bill, so the Frank CC payment will suffice.
3. Frank CC gives 6% rebate on online transaction for minimum 500 spend. Hence I pay my telco bills and Town Council bills via VBOX. (Internet banking Bill payment and Merchant site bill payments for Telco don't qualify for 6% rebate). This comes to around 250 in my case. Then I am using Frank CC as MRT card with ATU - around 100 per month which also qualifies for 6% rebate. Once in a while have some Amazon/QQOO10 bills, ezlink/prepaid online top-up which all qualify for 6% rebate.
If other expenses on Frank card don't add up to 500, I pay to telco and/or Town council for next month in advance to make it 500. So spend 500 and get 6% rebate on online transactions (around 30) and 1% bonus interest for 360 account.
 

more3cm

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
39
Merchant site bill payments for Telco don't qualify for 6% rebate).
Not true the T&C states explicitly that "online mobile bill payment to Singtel, Starhub and M1 are eligible"


This comes to around 250 in my case. Then I am using Frank CC as MRT card with ATU - around 100 per month which also qualifies for 6% rebate. Once in a while have some Amazon/QQOO10 bills, ezlink/prepaid online top-up which all qualify for 6% rebate.
If other expenses on Frank card don't add up to 500, I pay to telco and/or Town council for next month in advance to make it 500. So spend 500 and get 6% rebate on online transactions (around 30) and 1% bonus interest for 360 account.

IMHO you are under-utilizing your Flashpay to just public transport. As long as the merchant accepts NETS, Flashpay can be used too. Even buy curry puff at OCK also can. Take taxi got 11% rebates (5% from Flashpay and 6% from Frank). In fact I think the 3-day window in-between each ATU is too long - $50 very fast finishes one!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top