Official ASUS PadFone S Thread

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
35,331
Reaction score
7,850
I was just doing a direct comparison between the Mi 4i and Padfone S. Assuming that they are at the same price (see my reasoning below), the Padfone S is better due to better processor, wireless charging and expandable memory while the Mi 4i is better due to better battery life (just an assumption) and smaller dimensions and lighter weight, and maybe better camera performance.

There might be other differences but these are what jumped out at me when considering both of them.



I think the Xiaomi Mi 4i will cost closer to S$299 after factoring in 7% GST. It will be a pleasant surprise if they release for S$279.

I think Padfone S also comes with 1-yr FOC screen replacement policy but Mi 4i of crse doesn't have. R u planning to get either 1?
 
Last edited:

caterham7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,126
Reaction score
1,899
padfone s black, $299 with free wireless charging stand

saw at compass point best denki
 
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
226
Reaction score
0
When I restarted my padfone s, got firmware upgrade for touchpanel. Anyone notice?

Not bad, Asus seems to adopt incremental update.
 

jonsim86

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Terrible services and utter disaapointment with ASUS

This is just an experience which I have with ASUS. Currently my Padfone S could not charge. It was sent to ASUS service center for repair.

The service center(UBI) called back in a few days saying that the charging port cannot charge due to customer induced damage which will not be covered under warranty.

I asked what was the repair cost and was told that I had to pay $100 for the repair(By the way, the sales person was Angeline). She also mentioned that I had to pay and additional $30 for diagnostic which I do not understand why this is the case as it should still be under warranty(Warranty should cover servicing charge?).

Hence I refuse. Mentioned that I could escalate this to the higher management and so I did. Apparently, the service center number which was given was only middleman which could not help much. All they could do is to send an email. So you have to wait. After 1-2days. They will call you back saying the management says the same thing can cant do anything.

Here is my explanation of things,

It could not be a deliberate attempt by me to induce damage so that I could send my phone for warranty. Apparently I believe it is due to inferior products used by ASUS that hence gave way and was damaged. I have used many other products and have not faced such an issue even once.

Here are some of the findings which can back my situation:

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/asus-ecustomer-service-center-336/no-more-asus-phone-me-unreliable-products-customer-service-4722770.html

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/asus-ecustomer-service-center-336/extremely-disappointed-customer-4241759.html

Sadly I am not the only one with this issue.

Whats the point of giving a warranty when the warranty does not cover such things?

I have been requesting for the 'HIGHER MANAGEMENT' to give me a call back to resolve this issue but all they can do is to actually just give instructions to the middleman to communicate the outcome. Probably just 'hiding' behind so they do not have to deal with customers. In my opinion, COWARDLY.

This went on for DAYS & WEEKS. I even sent them an email and all they can reply is the same. Completely horrible services. ARE THEY ROBOTS?

The worst is, I just received a call from ASUS Service today as I requested to have my phone repaired first and would continue to escalate the issue and they mentioned that they will have to have me accept the quotation again.

They called and tell me that as the USB is now link to the motherboard and the whole thing cost 500+. Plus every other nonsense there is which i was too tired to hear about. ERM! EXCUSE ME! 500+ for a motherboard. Look below:

store.asus.com/sg/item/201409BM300000030

ASUS sells a brand new phone for $299. Why am I paying $500 for just a motherboard? By the way, the person which called me for this quotation to tell me it was $600+ after GST was Angeline (same Angeline which called weeks ago telling me it was 100+ to repair).

Also from the previous cases, the other customer was also charged $100+ for the repair.

When I told her that she was the one who called be earlier to quote be $100+ for the repair, she was dumbfounded. She gave me all sorts of excuses that the price is $600+ now.

Trust me. ASUS is completely untrustworthy. Think twice before you get anything. Although this may just be a case for the padfone and you might thing a computer should be ok. Still have to think twice.

Jonathan SIM (81804411)
 
Last edited:

caterham7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,126
Reaction score
1,899
I don't use a padfone s, but sent vivotab tablet to main service centre (trivex lvl 11) several times, no major issues with them (except for delay in parts)

Think the other service centres are operated by external contractors, maybe better to go direct to source?
 

jonsim86

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I dont think it is about where you go. I have tried almost any source. All giving me the same nonsense.
 

TorkCrap

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
569
Reaction score
6
Does anyone know where I can still get the tablet station? Seems to have been out of stock on their online store for quite a while already.
 

blankies

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2000
Messages
34,996
Reaction score
1,555
I am disappointed in Asus....lousy phone....and long over due Android updates which were promised but not delievered
 

Exaita

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
1,320
Reaction score
440
Anyone know where to go for cheap repair/replacement of the charging pin?
 

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2003
Messages
35,992
Reaction score
12
I am disappointed in Asus....lousy phone....and long over due Android updates which were promised but not delievered

I bought padfone infinity and fonepad 8

Both failed within a year!!! Their hardware really cmi!!
 

MTKL

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2002
Messages
2,425
Reaction score
0
anyone knows where can i repair for asus padfone s for water damaged,,,unable to charge and power up?
check asus service centre but cost 2++ to repair which doesnt make sense..

thanks.
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Lollipop is working really well in the Padfone S.

One thing I noticed, it can now charge up to 100% when on the wireless charger. Previously, it could only go up to 99% and stayed there even if I leave the phone on the wireless charger the whole day.

Update: I found that 3rd party pre-installed apps can now be uninstalled. Upgrading to Lollipop will install new apps (Clean Master, 50 Free Games, etc.). These can be uninstalled with no problems. I was also able to uninstall apps pre-installed even in Kitkat (Kindle, Omlet). Asus apps (PC Link, Party Link, etc.) still cannot be uninstalled.
 
Last edited:

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
35,331
Reaction score
7,850
Lollipop is working really well in the Padfone S.

One thing I noticed, it can now charge up to 100% when on the wireless charger. Previously, it could only go up to 99% and stayed there even if I leave the phone on the wireless charger the whole day.

Wow that's gd news for Padfone S owners.. :s12:

And u can now get a brand new set at just $209 with a free pb.. the price has really dropped sia... :eek:
 

yapcc

Member
Joined
May 21, 2000
Messages
310
Reaction score
0
Anyone getting the error code 505 from Google play store? Not sure if there are any workaround for this without doing a factory reset.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top