[Official]: Changi Mobile

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Looking back at my past monthly scam call records:

May: 2 (when I started with Grid Mobile)
June: 2
July: 1
August: 2
September: 1
October: 0
November: 7 ( I started with Changi Mobile end Oct)
😐😐
My scammer calls are gradually increasing. As of today:

December: 15 (and it's only 21 Dec, not even month end yet)

Seriously, someone in Changi Mobile should be selling our info to scammers. I am contemplating porting out now 😐
 

Tenpai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
5,644
Reaction score
3,457
Getting the occasional spam calls, SMS or Whatsapp is normal nowadays (sadly).

But getting so many spam calls (ard 8-10) within the day even after registering for DNC and not disclosing the new number to anybody/organisation is a huge cause of concern. It is not the machine randomly picking from a range of numbers but it is "targeted". Quite likely, the personal information could have been compromised.

I have 3 lines. 1 CM, 1 Giga and 1 GOMO. My Giga and GOMO lines receive the occasional spam calls, like 1-2 calls per week but never 8-10 calls within a day, and both these lines are older than my CM new number. Make that what you will
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,735
Reaction score
2,326
Getting the occasional spam calls, SMS or Whatsapp is normal nowadays (sadly).

But getting so many spam calls (ard 8-10) within the day even after registering for DNC and not disclosing the new number to anybody/organisation is a huge cause of concern. It is not the machine randomly picking from a range of numbers but it is "targeted". Quite likely, the personal information could have been compromised.

I have 3 lines. 1 CM, 1 Giga and 1 GOMO. My Giga and GOMO lines receive the occasional spam calls, like 1-2 calls per week but never 8-10 calls within a day, and both these lines are older than my CM new number. Make that what you will
The numbers are all spoofed. It doesn't matter if your number is in the DNC database or not. Nobody can ID them and take any action against them cause they are using spoofed numbers.

If I were a scammer with access to an automated system, I would just dial every number combination slowly since it's probably close to free as long as the person does not pick up. Now imagine multiple scammers with multiple systems, some numbers just get hit more often depending on what number range the scammer decides to enter into his system today.
 

Tenpai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
5,644
Reaction score
3,457
The numbers are all spoofed. It doesn't matter if your number is in the DNC database or not. Nobody can ID them and take any action against them cause they are using spoofed numbers.

If I were a scammer with access to an automated system, I would just dial every number combination slowly since it's probably close to free as long as the person does not pick up. Now imagine multiple scammers with multiple systems, some numbers just get hit more often depending on what number range the scammer decides to enter into his system today.
It is part and parcel of our lives to have spam calls nowadays. Most of us will get 2-5 per week. But for CM, you get 8-10 a day, which is quite unusual for me. My older numbers with Giga and GOMO for nearly 10 years don't have that many spam calls within a day. And these numbers are known to others or filled up on forms.

My CM new number less than a month old that is not even disclosed or filled up in any form suddeny get so many spam calls within a day. It leads to a lot of suspicion
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
374
If one is getting 8-10 spam calls in a day, everyday, then certainly it does not sound like a random robo call unfortunately.

I was using a new number from CMLink recently and receive not one spam call during the 4 weeks. Currently 2 lines with CMLink, one TPG and one Giga; getting maybe 1-2 spam call each week per line. I think it's not difficult for anyone to come out with an educated guess what is happening with the CM numbers.
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
I am in the process of porting over to Vivifi now. Although my number has been compromised while under CM, at least I won't be supporting them anymore.
 

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
20,540
Reaction score
6,443
I am in the process of porting over to Vivifi now. Although my number has been compromised while under CM, at least I won't be supporting them anymore.
i ported to vivifi yesterday very seemless port over 3-4 am done .. 5am + you get sms says port is over
 

adderrs

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
273
Reaction score
10
It is part and parcel of our lives to have spam calls nowadays. Most of us will get 2-5 per week. But for CM, you get 8-10 a day, which is quite unusual for me. My older numbers with Giga and GOMO for nearly 10 years don't have that many spam calls within a day. And these numbers are known to others or filled up on forms.

My CM new number less than a month old that is not even disclosed or filled up in any form suddeny get so many spam calls within a day. It leads to a lot of suspicion

Have you used this new number to open a shopee acct?
 

adderrs

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
273
Reaction score
10
  • I've gotten the CM sim card 2 days ago so I am now using its temp number.
  • Was originally intending to port over my main line from redone comes next Monday.
  • But I came home today to the spare phone (with CM number) to get a shock of my life -- 7 spams calls with +65 prefix. Yesterday there was 1 spam call.
  • Nobody knows this number and the only thing I did so far was registering a shopee acct with it but was not successful as it couldn't receive shopee's otp. Other than that, I did completely nothing.
Just when I thought redone was bad enough, with:
  • 4-5 spam calls daily and 1-2 spam sms from online betting and loans.
  • Whatsapp spams were especially bad with around 7-8 per day until I had to terminate the whatsapp acct for my main line.
  • starhub network lotsa blind spots in my area with otps not receive.
But now it seems CM is equally bad on the spamming issue, apart from the network coverage aspect which is an improvement from redone/starhub.

If I continue with the port over it will be like jumping out of the frying pan into another hell fire. Looks like I'll probably just let this CM account terminate by itself after 30 days.
 

Tenpai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
5,644
Reaction score
3,457
If one is getting 8-10 spam calls in a day, everyday, then certainly it does not sound like a random robo call unfortunately.

I was using a new number from CMLink recently and receive not one spam call during the 4 weeks. Currently 2 lines with CMLink, one TPG and one Giga; getting maybe 1-2 spam call each week per line. I think it's not difficult for anyone to come out with an educated guess what is happening with the CM numbers.
Exactly my point earlier. The complaint isn't about receiving 1-2 spam calls per week, this is considered normal nowadays. But having 8-10 spam calls within a day feels like it is targeted. My older lines of nearly more than 10 years that have been disclosed or used to register for accounts online don't get this much spam in a day
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Exactly my point earlier. The complaint isn't about receiving 1-2 spam calls per week, this is considered normal nowadays. But having 8-10 spam calls within a day feels like it is targeted. My older lines of nearly more than 10 years that have been disclosed or used to register for accounts online don't get this much spam in a day
So are you intending to take any action, or just live with it?
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
As it is just a spare line for data, I will just terminate it and get another SIM from TPG. Yours is port in right?
Yeah, and mine is my only line. Already submitted port in request to Vivifi, just waiting to leave Changi Mobile any time.
 

Tenpai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
5,644
Reaction score
3,457
Yeah, and mine is my only line. Already submitted port in request to Vivifi, just waiting to leave Changi Mobile any time.
Hopefully the calls may reduce, but I'm not too positive as the scammers already know your number is active
 

Dorkable

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
1,806
Reaction score
441
Hopefully the calls may reduce, but I'm not too positive as the scammers already know your number is active
Although I certainly hope that the situation would improve after porting out, I am aware that the number has already been compromised and thus, it would unlikely to be so. At the very least, I don't see it logical to continue to pay CM for the service.
 

Tenpai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
5,644
Reaction score
3,457
Although I certainly hope that the situation would improve after porting out, I am aware that the number has already been compromised and thus, it would unlikely to be so. At the very least, I don't see it logical to continue to pay CM for the service.
Agreed. Hope the worst will be gone for you.

Personal data protection in SG feels like a joke and a lip service
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
BTW anyone know if CM has voicemail?

Got my sim card yesterday and yesterday 2 mins gone and today another 2 mins
4 mins of the airline gone?

Talktime showing
296 left of 300 mins


I called my line (line activated but sim card not installed) is not forwarding to voicemail but when i check the app is now show 4 mins disappear.
 

aHRoy1985

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
401
Reaction score
1
BTW anyone know if CM has voicemail?

Got my sim card yesterday and yesterday 2 mins gone and today another 2 mins
4 mins of the airline gone?

Talktime showing
296 left of 300 mins


I called my line (line activated but sim card not installed) is not forwarding to voicemail but when i check the app is now show 4 mins disappear.
No voice mail for Changi Mobile.
 

adderrs

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
273
Reaction score
10
It has never been used to register for anything or OTPs

My GOMO number is registered with shopee and I don't get spam this frequently

Yep, I realized the spams have nothing to do with shopee since my registration wasn't successful with otp failing to arrive.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top