[Official] DVB-T2 USB/PCI-E/PCI TV Tuner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsun18

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
23
Of course that's not what I meant but at the very least they should honour their warranty.

What is the use of a card that only works for a few hours when all 4 tuners are in use at the same time? :s22:
the seller said bo pai ma. How to settle?

I think sooner or later the card will be cooked. If you can't wait for that to happen, maybe you can think of a way to cook it faster...then it's really pai, no more argument :s13:
 
Last edited:

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,284
Reaction score
5,362
my mediacorp digital signal today is truncated at both sides for all channels. are you guys facing the same issue?
 

mrsun18

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
23
my mediacorp digital signal today is truncated at both sides for all channels. are you guys facing the same issue?
Do you mean pics? No problem with my Draco stb for both HD and SD channels (including those on T1).

For my Philips 32" with T2 tuner, no problem with HD channels too. U always display 4:3 although default was auto, have to do manual 16:9. The other SD channels on t1 display 4:3. No sure whether it was the same before as I never watch programmes on T1.


Maybe somehow your screen display format changed to 4:3?
 

soulblader_86

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
9,012
Reaction score
0
my TV has built in DVB T-2 tuner

by right I just connect the TV directly to the wall then scan okay le right?

my wall socket is the one I used for the past 10 years for analog signal one

is it wrong? do I need to buy anything?

please advise
 

batuchka

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
106,309
Reaction score
10,295
my mediacorp digital signal today is truncated at both sides for all channels. are you guys facing the same issue?

I have triple tuners in my HTPC

#1 Hauppauge 292E : All DVB-T2 channels today ok
#2 Hauppauge HVR 3000 : All DVB-T + Analog channels ok today
#3 Geniatech T230 : All DVB-C channels ok today :D
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,212
Reaction score
17,455
the seller said bo pai ma. How to settle?

I think sooner or later the card will be cooked. If you can't wait for that to happen, maybe you can think of a way to cook it faster...then it's really pai, no more argument :s13:

Idea there.... looks like I got to make it spoil faster eh? :s22:
 

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
62,003
Reaction score
20,205
my TV has built in DVB T-2 tuner

by right I just connect the TV directly to the wall then scan okay le right?

my wall socket is the one I used for the past 10 years for analog signal one

is it wrong? do I need to buy anything?

please advise

u need to connect it to an antenna and stick it out of your window
the wall one might be starhub cable de
 

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,617
Reaction score
194
u mean like getting dvb-t2 channels from starhub cable?

chiu ask starhub if can allow dvb-t2 signals to be in their cable loh :(

Can work leh, me using this source for my T230, other then HD-5 the rest can receive.
 

mrsun18

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
23
Can work leh, me using this source for my T230, other then HD-5 the rest can receive.
You are mistaken. Your tuner receives DVB-C signal from Starhub, if plugged into the SCV wall point. DVB-T2 is the standard for terrestrial broadcast. DVB-C is the standard used by Starhub for cable transmission.
 

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,617
Reaction score
194
You are mistaken. Your tuner receives DVB-C signal from Starhub, if plugged into the SCV wall point. DVB-T2 is the standard for terrestrial broadcast. DVB-C is the standard used by Starhub for cable transmission.

That I understand, the thing is if I select "Cable" under Tuner Type it doesn't work, must select "Terrestrial" in DVB Viewer Pro.

Anyway, it doesn't matter as long as it for me. Also why discuss about TV set tuning when this thread is not all about them?
 

mrsun18

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
23
That I understand, the thing is if I select "Cable" under Tuner Type it doesn't work, must select "Terrestrial" in DVB Viewer Pro.
There was a problem of communication when you said "Can work leh" in response to PoloBoiBoi's post. I took it to mean that you could receive dvb-t2 from SCV point.

One difficulty I can see is that these tuners meant for pc are not certified to sg standards, particularly DVB-T2. Claims are claims. Until they are verified or certified, then we can be assured of compatibility. Same goes for DVB-C tuners. Some TV sets and tuners for pc that claim DVB-C capabilities also prove to be unable to receive Starhub channels.

Anyway, it doesn't matter as long as it for me. Also why discuss about TV set tuning when this thread is not all about them?
I don't think the line is so thin. After all, the other thread is also about tuning, reception and related issues.
 

sunsetbay

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 3, 2000
Messages
54,116
Reaction score
6,405
DVB-C users, some free channels for u~ scan 370, 450 & 690Mhz~!

got Nat Geo, Discovery World, Food Network, Fox Movies Premium, NBA TV, HBO, HBO Hits, All Sports Networks~ all in HD~! :s22:

augksl.jpg


15nucnb.jpg


e065hc.jpg


2wgyuqv.jpg


2i92nig.jpg


2r7ol5y.jpg


11c9lyt.jpg
 

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
62,003
Reaction score
20,205
DVB-C users, some free channels for u~ scan 370, 450 & 690Mhz~!

got Nat Geo, Discovery World, Food Network, Fox Movies Premium, NBA TV, HBO, HBO Hits, All Sports Networks~ all in HD~! :s22:

augksl.jpg


15nucnb.jpg


e065hc.jpg


2wgyuqv.jpg


2i92nig.jpg


2r7ol5y.jpg


11c9lyt.jpg

Fwah ... Who so ho xim at starhub, didn't turn on encryption for those channels

Or isit another those free preview promotion?
 

hummer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
529
Reaction score
1
Got a cheap DVB-T2 box from Qoo10, all HD channels able to receive in Punggol even though not ready until 2016.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top