- Joined
- May 3, 2001
- Messages
- 139,200
- Reaction score
- 17,449
u always need to rma ur TBS cards
6280 => 6281
V1.2.1 6285 => V1.3.1 6285
now V.1.3.1 6285 => maybe they think u wanna chut pattern to exchange for the latest 6205 since the 6285 already EOL quite some times
ur 6285 also quite old, out of warranty?
last time no overheating problem, now got overheating problem?
Still have warranty. My 6285 has two years warranty.
No, last time already had overheating problem the moment I got it out of the box but it wasn't obvious to test it out until I knew how to test using TransEdit program. Before that I always encountered the card failing after a random period of time, sometimes a few days when I make the card record from the 3 or 4 tuners. I didn't know what happened. I thought it was my computer ventilation issue.
However, it turned out to be not the issue. When the technician on the other side used TeamViewer into my system, I could see what they used to test. So when I ran TransEdit on all my 4 tuners on the card, it roughly failed after a hour or at most a few hours. But TBS refused to RMA my card for me, citing that the card works, when I already told them that it has an instability problem.
Really fed up.



