[Official] Home Automation Thread

simwb90

Reaction score
anyone know of a smart device to replace RF and IR (not sure which ones i have) remote controls?
the remotes are for ceiling fans (Fanztec), aircon (Mitsubishi) and one set of downlights (philips)

Reaction score
Hi fellow experts, can I check with you on how you automate your aircons? Mine is the newer bto where the main power switch is located outside the window ledge so a smart switch like the one below is not possible.

8.0啊pBz6XSnSz0u信 https://m.tb.cn/h.4FAQfZQ?sm=245003 小米米家空调伴侣2多功能wifi手机远程遥控无线小爱声控定时 控温

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow experts, can I check with you on how you automate your aircons? Mine is the newer bto where the main power switch is located outside the window ledge so a smart switch like the one below is not possible.

8.0啊pBz6XSnSz0u信 https://m.tb.cn/h.4FAQfZQ?sm=245003 小米米家空调伴侣2多功能wifi手机远程遥控无线小爱声控定时 控温

Sensibo Sky Smart Air Conditioner Controller

Evilbear

Reaction score
Means.. go away or not going away?
the very first version is like 8years ago already, it makes sense to drop support after so long.
Samsung is one of the big companies in the Matter Project, they are not going away... infact you have to be concerned if the smart home product brand you are using now are not part of this project.

LouisLoh

Reaction score
1. Has anyone got Aqara switches to work with Homekit? If so, can someone help with which switches and hub I should get?
2. Is there a Homekit compatible heater switch available? (I don‘t want to use Switchbots)
3. Is the Switchbot Curtain compatible with Homekit? Is there a bridging service required between the Switchbot hub and Homekit? How is the reliability of this bridge?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the very first version is like 8years ago already, it makes sense to drop support after so long.
Samsung is one of the big companies in the Matter Project, they are not going away... infact you have to be concerned if the smart home product brand you are using now are not part of this project.
Doesnt help when 3 online platform dont really have seller selling it.

Evilbear

Reaction score
Doesnt help when 3 online platform dont really have seller selling it.

You mean SmartThings hub?

I did a search on Lazada and it's the first hit -> https://www.lazada.sg/products/samsung-smartthings-smart-home-hub-i1793603179-s9429624876.html
Exactly, that's the official distributor of SmartThings products in SG including a bunch of sensors and also buttons.. even have a physical store in IMM if you like to physically see the items..
https://www.samsungdigitallife.com/samsung-smart-home/

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone uses Smartthings and have switch/rocker switch that works? Especially those with multiple gangs?

ho_kuku

Reaction score
https://s.lazada.sg/s.ZhAUF
got the global version from Lazada.
Connect to others server

in terms of lag, HomeKit is the fastest.

I hardly use the aqara app to control, but there is a noticeable lag when using voice command from google home. Might be a google home issue

Hi @tan_chs and other experts,
Will be doing up a basic smarthome setup - and want to ask you the following (if you don’t mind sharing):

1) Aqara M2 hub (Global version - Others) works with the D1 Switches - does the switches get ported over to google home? From what I read - the M2/D1 only work in the aqara app or homekit. Not sure how true is that.

2) Do you use any sensors or wireless d1 switches? Will those get ported to Googlehome as well when linking the aqara account?

thank u

ho_kuku

Reaction score
No need aqara hub, SmartThings hub can connect all my aqara zigbee devices directly.
Hi @Evilbear ,
do you use aqara switch with your smarthings hub?
I believe it it not natively integrated therefore will have to connect via 3rd party device handler codes.
The impression i get is that if your switches have more than one gang - it doesn't work properly with the existing DH. Am doing some reno now - deciding on what switches to install and which hub to get.
thank you

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
1. Has anyone got Aqara switches to work with Homekit? If so, can someone help with which switches and hub I should get?
2. Is there a Homekit compatible heater switch available? (I don‘t want to use Switchbots)
3. Is the Switchbot Curtain compatible with Homekit? Is there a bridging service required between the Switchbot hub and Homekit? How is the reliability of this bridge?
Can only answer 1.

I suggest you get the m1s (for Lights) or m2 (infrared controller). Both sport the zigbee 3.0.

This new hub is required for e1 (single and double only) which is cheaper than d1. But for e1, you will need to use the mainland server , even if you buy the global version of the m2. If not, just buy d1 instead of e1. But e1 allows for lower power lights, ie doesn’t flicker

tan_chs

Reaction score
Hi @tan_chs and other experts,
Will be doing up a basic smarthome setup - and want to ask you the following (if you don’t mind sharing):

1) Aqara M2 hub (Global version - Others) works with the D1 Switches - does the switches get ported over to google home? From what I read - the M2/D1 only work in the aqara app or homekit. Not sure how true is that.

2) Do you use any sensors or wireless d1 switches? Will those get ported to Googlehome as well when linking the aqara account?

thank u
1) yes, switches port over to google home. Works in aqara app and HomeKit as well

2) yes, aqara sensors. Does not port to google home but does not impact the functionality

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi @Evilbear ,
do you use aqara switch with your smarthings hub?
I believe it it not natively integrated therefore will have to connect via 3rd party device handler codes.
The impression i get is that if your switches have more than one gang - it doesn't work properly with the existing DH. Am doing some reno now - deciding on what switches to install and which hub to get.
thank you
my advice, skip smartthings.

1. ST doesn't work with Aqara switch out from the box
2. ST only works with very little models and this result in one having to ensure what you buy is accurate and dated (I have the latest model, for the wireless switch and this gives me problem despite adding the fingerprint etc)
3. Yes, DH cant work with multiple gangs properly. 1 is fine but it only detects on/off.
4. Most DH you see left remaining are pretty dated. Especially those for switches.
5. in order to make 2nd or 3rd button to work, you need to learn to do WebCore too (another learning curve).

how I know? i saw his recommendations, get it then realize all of the above.
I do, however stand corrected. One will probably need profound programming language knowledge to get it to work.

Should have stick with Tuya/SMATRUL to give me less headache + no need gateway and the potential of using 433Hz.
I will suggest to steer away from SmartThings if you are no programming guru because depending on another person to provide you with an answer is almost as good as NIL.

Last edited:

Evilbear

Reaction score
my advice, skip smartthings.

1. ST doesn't work with Aqara switch out from the box
2. ST only works with very little models and this result in one having to ensure what you buy is accurate and dated (I have the latest model, for the wireless switch and this gives me problem despite adding the fingerprint etc)
3. Yes, DH cant work with multiple gangs properly. 1 is fine but it only detects on/off.
4. Most DH you see left remaining are pretty dated. Especially those for switches.
5. in order to make 2nd or 3rd button to work, you need to learn to do WebCore too (another learning curve).

how I know? i saw his recommendations, get it then realize all of the above.
I do, however stand corrected. One will probably need profound programming language knowledge to get it to work.

Should have stick with Tuya/SMATRUL to give me less headache + no need gateway and the potential of using 433Hz.
I will suggest to steer away from SmartThings if you are no programming guru because depending on another person to provide you with an answer is almost as good as NIL.

Those DH work well imo and hence no need to have any sort of further improvements to it. I only have single and 2-gang switches and no issues with them once you apply the DH.
I have not written a single code so I will argue that you need not to have profound programming language to get it to work. You don't even need to go figure out how the api works. Unless you consider reading readme.txt and navigating github as a programming guru.

Goes down to each individual requirements - if having silo smart home devices or limiting all your buying options to just the tuya smartlife work best for you. Or maybe if you just simply want zero headache then probably diy smart home is not for you, go with a service provider.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those DH work well imo and hence no need to have any sort of further improvements to it. I only have single and 2-gang switches and no issues with them once you apply the DH.
I have not written a single code so I will argue that you need not to have profound programming language to get it to work. You don't even need to go figure out how the api works. Unless you consider reading readme.txt and navigating github as a programming guru.

Goes down to each individual requirements - if having silo smart home devices or limiting all your buying options to just the tuya smartlife work best for you. Or maybe if you just simply want zero headache then probably diy smart home is not for you, go with a service provider.
cool.

have tried both bspranger and aonghusmor both doesn't work right out of the box as you have mentioned. Can share your DH script which will work with WXKG07LM with 2 gang?
my 2gang D1 wall switch works right out of the box with their DH though.

btw, i did not ask for zero headaches, I ask for less and something which is more straightforward. I don't know how you twist it and why is embarking on Tuya equates to a silo smart home system. Also, i would like to highlight to potential users who are keen to embark on ST with Aqara to think twice.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.