[Official] Home Automation Thread

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am thinking to get the MOES smart switches from Shopee. Can I check if I need to have a hub to connect them together? Or I just use the Tuya app? I also want to control my aircon with an IRF smart switch is there any recommendation?

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone else ever encountered having their Tuya switch getting kicked out of the account by itself?
i.e. it disappears from the Smart Life app and can be added back by searching for new device.
When adding back, it actually automatically populates with previously saved switch name.

This has been happening for one of my switches randomly, usually in the middle of the night.

Sounds more like a Tuya server-end issue rather than a switch issue since I don't think switches can actually remove themselves from an account? Removal of device requires user to manually remove via the app correct?

TenOhmOnly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am thinking to get the MOES smart switches from Shopee. Can I check if I need to have a hub to connect them together? Or I just use the Tuya app? I also want to control my aircon with an IRF smart switch is there any recommendation?
Zigbee switch need a hub, whereas wifi switch need to connect to your home wifi router/ap. Check out this zs06 (zigbee) - IR blaster, there are others wifi model of ir blaster too.

nautilus

Master Member
Reaction score
Deciding between aqara or tuya system for whole house. Which is better?
It depends on your budget. Aqara devices are certainly more expensive but is definitely way more stable especially their sensors. The build quality is generally better as well. Problem is that Aqara devices/hub doesn’t work with Tuya devices and you’ll need to carefully plan for one or both ecosystems for it to work.

TenOhmOnly

Reaction score
That’s tricky.

Any issues sending command with the broadlink?
Sending all the while no issue just that if wanted to decode the actual IR from 36.7KHz is not possible on 38Khz receiver. So far Toshiba, Panasonic physically remote are based 36.7KHz, not sure other brands.

Anyway, I'm able to resolve the issue now as I do have 36Khz receiver in my drawer. Hence now using physical remote able to update the status too using tasmota-ir.

zacky1223

Reaction score
can I check for those lighting with 3 colors, daylight, warm light, and yellow light is it possible to use a smart switch? Or is there anything i need to take note of when buying ceiling lights for the smart switch?

Also i am buying KDK E48GP. Is it also possible to connect it with smart switch too ?Anyone has experience with it?

TIA!

pustefix

Reaction score
For those with Home Assistant, which ceiling fan have you integrated with? I am sure you can use a RF blaster to remote control the ceiling fan but you will not be able to get the state information, e.g. someone use the provided remote to switch fan speed, this will not sync to HA. I've seen some mentioned about PO Eco fan using tuya app and tuya integration, does it work in HA?

ferbulous

Reaction score
Sending all the while no issue just that if wanted to decode the actual IR from 36.7KHz is not possible on 38Khz receiver. So far Toshiba, Panasonic physically remote are based 36.7KHz, not sure other brands.

Anyway, I'm able to resolve the issue now as I do have 36Khz receiver in my drawer. Hence now using physical remote able to update the status too using tasmota-ir.
cool, so just need the correct ir receiver and tasmota supports it

can I check for those lighting with 3 colors, daylight, warm light, and yellow light is it possible to use a smart switch? Or is there anything i need to take note of when buying ceiling lights for the smart switch?

Also i am buying KDK E48GP. Is it also possible to connect it with smart switch too ?Anyone has experience with it?

TIA!

can, if the switch supports multi click action (eg single, double click, long press etc).
Set light automation for each action.
I’m using device group so it always works without relying on automation

ferbulous

Reaction score
For those with Home Assistant, which ceiling fan have you integrated with? I am sure you can use a RF blaster to remote control the ceiling fan but you will not be able to get the state information, e.g. someone use the provided remote to switch fan speed, this will not sync to HA. I've seen some mentioned about PO Eco fan using tuya app and tuya integration, does it work in HA?
For my remote fans, i utilized this method for ac, but install on ceiling fan.

Then use a script that detects ir code for low/medium/high which updates fan speed.
Obviously something like ifan04 would be better, but this is cheaper

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am using 2x Haiku ceiling fans (now called bigass fans) which integrates locally using wifi. Expensive fans but integrates directly with HA which also provide state information. Comes with motion detection control that you can use for setting automations with your other smart devices. It should also be using the ESP32 chip from Espressif.

I had another two non-smart Elmark ceiling fans which I use bond hub to control. I also use my bond hub for my somfy motorised curtains.​

pustefix

Reaction score
For my remote fans, i utilized this method for ac, but install on ceiling fan.

Then use a script that detects ir code for low/medium/high which updates fan speed.
Obviously something like ifan04 would be better, but this is cheaper

Thanks for the replies but this appears to be too much work for me. Maybe I will consider the Sonoff iFan04.

I am using 2x Haiku ceiling fans (now called bigass fans) which integrates locally using wifi. Expensive fans but integrates directly with HA which also provide state information. Comes with motion detection control that you can use for setting automations with your other smart devices. It should also be using the ESP32 chip from Espressif.

I had another two non-smart Elmark ceiling fans which I use bond hub to control. I also use my bond hub for my somfy motorised curtains.​
Wow, the Haiku fans are really expensive, starting around $2K. I used Broadlink RM4 mini for my ACs, maybe will consider the RM4 pro.

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies but this appears to be too much work for me. Maybe I will consider the Sonoff iFan04.

Wow, the Haiku fans are really expensive, starting around $2K. I used Broadlink RM4 mini for my ACs, maybe will consider the RM4 pro.

Well, due to inflation and Singaporean insatiable demand for smart devices, and sleek looking ceiling fans, it just gotten more expensive. :LOL:

It wasn’t this bad when I bort mine 6 years ago.​

zacky1223

Reaction score
cool, so just need the correct ir receiver and tasmota supports it

can, if the switch supports multi click action (eg single, double click, long press etc).
Set light automation for each action.
I’m using device group so it always works without relying on automation

ok thanks! Is there anyway to control the light as well?

TenOhmOnly

Reaction score
ya through the app. I saw a few ceiling fan smart switch but looks like only able to control the speed but not the light
install those small smart relay inside the light enclosure, then can use smart switches to control those relay to control the light.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiku has 3 models locally. The cheapest one below 1k can be upgraded to WiFi with a module that costs $100 according to their local distributor.

Firmware of the module is supposedly 3.x (please double check before you buy) which is compatible according to the webpage of the HA integration.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.