[Official] Playstation 5

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
6,466
Reaction score
59
Can someone advice if we can play media files (e.g. MKV) off external HDD using the media player app in PS5?

If can, must the HDD be formatted in a particular format?
 

Silencer

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
40
I dont think but will need to check my next cc bill. In the HN, they claim up to 14 working days...I am guessing they are going to take that long!

Yup they also claim up to 14 days so next week I will see whether refund got come in :s22:
 

Silencer

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
40
Just curious why ppl rush get ps5 for now not many games available only a handful and most can play on ps4 ... and ps5 is so bulky and big size y not wait ... y go get ps5 now ?

Buy now or buy 1 yr later I don't think got much difference as I don't think Sony will reduce the price 1 yr down the road.
So if can get it now just hoot loh

Some said wait for PS5 Pro or PS5 Slim but when these consoles come out, it will be all over again fighting for PO, waiting for stock etc :s22:
 

disastrous

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
2,448
Reaction score
692
HN like to overpromise. I did preorder phone with them, took 60 days to refund me plus they didnt have stock 1 mth after launch date. I PO way before that and it wasnt even a popular model.
 

Silencer

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
40
HN like to overpromise. I did preorder phone with them, took 60 days to refund me plus they didnt have stock 1 mth after launch date. I PO way before that and it wasnt even a popular model.

I PO on Sep 19 12:05am, subsequently asked HN and they told me most probably is after Feb then got chance to get it :s22:
After I got the PO from Sony, I straight away cancel my HN PO.
 

fusion89x

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Same. After getting the first gen ps4 back in 2014, probably a good reason to upgrade now.

lol i got my ps4 on first day launch 19 dec 2013. didnt even had 2nd thoughts to buy the ps5. after gaming on the ps4 for 7 years this ps5 is a whole new experience for me.

on a side note, as we are living in Singapore and the weather gets pretty hot and humid at times, how do you guys protect the rubber analog sticks on the dualsense? my dualshock 4 sticks are "melted".
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
Just curious why ppl rush get ps5 for now not many games available only a handful and most can play on ps4 ... and ps5 is so bulky and big size y not wait ... y go get ps5 now ?

I've been using the OG PS4 (w/ 7 y.o LG LCD TV) till date and so no 4k gaming experience before. I think it's time to upgrade with the PS5 & there's the PS+ collection to play since quite a handful never play before also (Bloodborne, The Last Guardian etc). After playing Sekiro (fun!), I got interested into the Souls series and wanted to try Demon's Souls. Heard Astro's Playroom also quite good, showcasing the PS5 features. The size is indeed huge but it doesn't really bother me much. Fortunately I managed to PO one under TOG's 2nd batch. Hope got update soon.

However, if I have the PS4 PRO w 4k TV then very likely I'll wait for PS5 library to grow first.
 

kenneth_88

Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2015
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
lol i got my ps4 on first day launch 19 dec 2013. didnt even had 2nd thoughts to buy the ps5. after gaming on the ps4 for 7 years this ps5 is a whole new experience for me.

on a side note, as we are living in Singapore and the weather gets pretty hot and humid at times, how do you guys protect the rubber analog sticks on the dualsense? my dualshock 4 sticks are "melted".
I used KontrolFreek as protection. The analog sticks on my camo controller that used to bundled with LBP3 last time still good though.
 

eslayer09

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
Because:

-It's faster (UI/Store/Etc)
-Way better controller
-Way better looking games (PS5, and patched PS4 Games)
-It's new, some like new stuff
-We have the $$$
-We managed to get a preorder
-Size isn't an issue to some of us

Noone's being forced to buy a PS5, nor no one's forcing us to not buy one (if available ofc)

lol at the "we have the $$$"
nice bro
 

zacky1223

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
1,853
Reaction score
50
Alamak i purchased the 1 year US playstation subscription i got the free 3 months leh but when I redeem the expiry date is still 30/11/2021. Anyone else that buy got this issue?
 

docomospur

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
306
Reaction score
15
Can someone advice if we can play media files (e.g. MKV) off external HDD using the media player app in PS5?

If can, must the HDD be formatted in a particular format?

Yes, you can play media files (e.g. MKV) off a USB drive using the Media Gallery function (there's no Media Player app). Supposedly the PS5 can play HVEC format (H.265 encoding) but I have not tried this yet. The drive needs to be formatted as exFAT (believe FAT32 may also work but you'll then have file size limitations).

on a side note, as we are living in Singapore and the weather gets pretty hot and humid at times, how do you guys protect the rubber analog sticks on the dualsense? my dualshock 4 sticks are "melted".

I use the rubber thumb grip covers that you can buy from the various gameshops (Gamewerks has them for $3 a pair, you can probably find them cheaper online but may need to buy in bulk). The PS4 ones work fine for the DualSense controllers.

Thumb-Grips-All-Designs-All-Colours.jpg
 
Last edited:

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324
Alamak i purchased the 1 year US playstation subscription i got the free 3 months leh but when I redeem the expiry date is still 30/11/2021. Anyone else that buy got this issue?

??? Means that u didn't get the additional 3 mths? Mine works fine which originally PS+ is till 01 Oct 2021, after redemption, it extend till 31 Dec 2022.
 

MakiMaki

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
85
Alamak i purchased the 1 year US playstation subscription i got the free 3 months leh but when I redeem the expiry date is still 30/11/2021. Anyone else that buy got this issue?

Actually how you all got the 3 months huh? I check out but nothing leh... but bo also nvm.. $40 for 1 year ps plus is cheap le...😅
 

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324
lol i got my ps4 on first day launch 19 dec 2013. didnt even had 2nd thoughts to buy the ps5. after gaming on the ps4 for 7 years this ps5 is a whole new experience for me.

on a side note, as we are living in Singapore and the weather gets pretty hot and humid at times, how do you guys protect the rubber analog sticks on the dualsense? my dualshock 4 sticks are "melted".

I order this from shopee for $6.50 include shipping from china but have not receive it yet, hope the quality is good.

Shopee-bb2857993c8ccc5222653490a9bc29d0.jpg
[/url]
 

entrydenied

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
62
Reaction score
28
I spoke to someone from the online orders team on 21 Nov. I was told they received only 10 sets for fulfillment. I ordered my set on 18 Sept around evening time. She said there are 20 sets in front me unfulfilled. just to share but can't verify.

I really don't think the next sets that come will be in April 2021 as per what someone's friend on this forum said. Just hold on and wait loh.


☹️Hopefully. I can accept Jan or Feb but Apr really too far away. Might as well refund and wait till then to buy from other shops🤷

I'm going to see whether some users who bought from HN receive their sets in Dec first and decide if I should cancel by early Jan. Or if any other retailer pre order promising Jan.
 

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324
Actually how you all got the 3 months huh? I check out but nothing leh... but bo also nvm.. $40 for 1 year ps plus is cheap le...😅

I just check out as guest via the link which I share(Kope from other thread one)

Did you login to your account? Coz i see they did mention it is only applicable to 1 per user, maybe last time if purchase before from them no longer get it? Not too sure how true is it.


"Btw only applicable to 1 per user, some reddit users have verified this too (multiple purchases but only got 1x 3mths free)."
 

SR1984

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
281
Reaction score
6
Bought it for my ps4 controller in the past now can use it for the ps5 😃

4dbrbaN.jpg
 
Last edited:

MakiMaki

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
85
I just check out as guest via the link which I share(Kope from other thread one)

Did you login to your account? Coz i see they did mention it is only applicable to 1 per user, maybe last time if purchase before from them no longer get it? Not too sure how true is it.


"Btw only applicable to 1 per user, some reddit users have verified this too (multiple purchases but only got 1x 3mths free)."

I did login la... but last time also never receive before the 3 months free coupon leh... sad loogie 3 months haha....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top