[Official] Playstation 5

Kyaw Zaw

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Courts Megastore from Tampines asked me to buy a Sony TV if I want to buy PS5. actually I went there to register for the preorder they said they don’t accept preorder anymore. Only can buy with the TV only. Damn their cheapest TV start with 600 bucks 🥲
 
Joined
May 31, 2021
Messages
112
Reaction score
24
Courts Megastore from Tampines asked me to buy a Sony TV if I want to buy PS5. actually I went there to register for the preorder they said they don’t accept preorder anymore. Only can buy with the TV only. Damn their cheapest TV start with 600 bucks 🥲
Must buy tv to register for pre order? Wah next level this one
 
Joined
May 31, 2021
Messages
112
Reaction score
24
No no totally not accepting preorder. That means they have stock but only selling together with TV
So it’s in stock but in a really expensive bundle. So surprising that Sony doesn’t regulate bundles, I’ve only heard of them regulating bundles in India where the retail price is already $900 SGD
 

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2000
Messages
8,595
Reaction score
37
Unfortunately there's no free upgrade for the base game. I would've preferred a similar upgrade path as FFVII (Free upgrade for base game, separate paid dlc for new story expansion)

They posted another new blog post, with upgrade price for South East Asia region.

GOT PS4 to GOT Director's Cut PS5 - SGD $40.90

GOT Director's Cut PS4 to GOT Director's Cut PS5 - SGD $18

GOT PS4 to GOT Director's Cut PS4 - SGD $26.90

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/07/01/20210701-got/
Oh no, i think mine copy of GOT PS4 is Europe version as there is the PEGI18 logo on the box. Means i will need to create a EU account in order to buy the Director’s Cut upgrade right? Does EU PSN accepts local credit card payment?
 

elddir

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2021
Messages
52
Reaction score
2
Oh no, i think mine copy of GOT PS4 is Europe version as there is the PEGI18 logo on the box. Means i will need to create a EU account in order to buy the Director’s Cut upgrade right? Does EU PSN accepts local credit card payment?
Yes tts right. EU disc also will need EU psn account n to buy dlc can use paypal. even your game save... lets say if you buy GOT r3 asia and try to load your GOT r2 europe gamesave on r3 disc, it wont load. you may try to see.
 

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2000
Messages
8,595
Reaction score
37
Yes tts right. EU disc also will need EU psn account n to buy dlc can use paypal. even your game save... lets say if you buy GOT r3 asia and try to load your GOT r2 europe gamesave on r3 disc, it wont load. you may try to see.
Ya, i tried. I created a EU account (Finland) and i can buy the upgrade at 19.90 euros but the game save thati played in my Asia account cannot be carried over. Sianz
 

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
8,050
Reaction score
2,536
No no totally not accepting preorder. That means they have stock but only selling together with TV

It's a good way to prevent scalping imho. One thing retailers can do to combat it is to get people to buy 2 full priced games before they can purchase a ps5. Much better than paying scalpers.

$729 + 160 (Price of 2 full games) = $889. Still much less than the $1000 you gotta pay for a scalped PS5.
 

dricas_007

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2001
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
14
Courts Megastore from Tampines asked me to buy a Sony TV if I want to buy PS5. actually I went there to register for the preorder they said they don’t accept preorder anymore. Only can buy with the TV only. Damn their cheapest TV start with 600 bucks 🥲
I think they wanted to make use of the PS5 to bundle add-on sales. Just the PS5 alone profit very slim. This combo good for ppl who need a 4K tv too :LOL:
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,694
Reaction score
3,288
I think they wanted to make use of the PS5 to bundle add-on sales. Just the PS5 alone profit very slim. This combo good for ppl who need a 4K tv too :LOL:
Sony tv not that decent for gaming. Even their oled line also not as good as LG
 

dreadprince

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2018
Messages
38
Reaction score
10
Sony tv not that decent for gaming. Even their oled line also not as good as LG
I do agree if u compare their OLED line LG is definitely better but they are the only company currently that offer smaller TV size such as 43 inch TV with full 4k 120hz for small household like myself haha.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,694
Reaction score
3,288
I do agree if u compare their OLED line LG is definitely better but they are the only company currently that offer smaller TV size such as 43 inch TV with full 4k 120hz for small household like myself haha.
Haha agree. But LG and Sony has 48 inch oled. Actually I am waiting for 42 inch or smaller oled tv to use as pc monitor and ps5 multi use. 48 still too big in this case. I think next year will have 42 inch oled tv.
 

dreadprince

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2018
Messages
38
Reaction score
10
Haha agree. But LG and Sony has 48 inch oled. Actually I am waiting for 42 inch or smaller oled tv to use as pc monitor and ps5 multi use. 48 still too big in this case. I think next year will have 42 inch oled tv.
Buy 43 inch like me. Actually for smaller tv oled or no oled u may not really tell the difference when using it in the bedroom at least I can’t when I compare to my living room larger oled tv.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,694
Reaction score
3,288
Buy 43 inch like me. Actually for smaller tv oled or no oled u may not really tell the difference when using it in the bedroom at least I can’t when I compare to my living room larger oled tv.
Haha even 42/43 may be too big for pc screen. Really hope got 32 inch gaming 4K/120 oled display.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,694
Reaction score
3,288
LG 48c1 dropping fast. Think 2-3 more months will be around 1.5k range. Good for both pc and ps5, but think need to wall mount it and have a huge desk.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top