[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Oh and pls rmb to subscribe to free International Voice Call and Premium Rates Barring Services to eradicate away those annoying scam calls from overseas and prevent anyhow call 1900 for charity lol.
 

wirelesslink

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
351
Reaction score
119
Oh and pls rmb to subscribe to free International Voice Call and Premium Rates Barring Services to eradicate away those annoying scam calls from overseas and prevent anyhow call 1900 for charity lol.
and also unsubscribe from “auto subscribe to readyroam” if not once you connect to a roaming network they will automatically purchase the cheapest roaming plan for you
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Holy sh1t! I am now at the deepest ulu part of my gym toilet as I post this and I can still receive 5G NSA 2 bars with usable data network!

I always thought this is a major network blind spot for all telcos cos of the thick walls surrounding but apparently this is not the case for pure Singtel!

Even GOMO suffers the same issue as Giga, CL whereby I get 'airplane mode' (signal without data) so I can't use Internet at all.

I guess Singtel really done a great job at maximising coverage!

I could even run a speed test in here!
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/10189322802

P.S: For curiosity I tried 4G too and it works as well! Getting 4G+ 2 bars too!
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/10189328663
 
Last edited:

Tedicious

Master Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
4,640
Reaction score
2,176
Holy sh1t! I am now at the deepest ulu part of my gym toilet as I post this and I can still receive 5G NSA 2 bars with usable data network!

I always thought this is a major network blind spot for all telcos cos of the thick walls surrounding but apparently this is not the case for pure Singtel!

Even GOMO suffers the same issue as Giga, CL whereby I get 'airplane mode' (signal without data) so I can't use Internet at all.

I guess Singtel really done a great job at maximising coverage!

I could even run a speed test in here!
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/10189322802

P.S: For curiosity I tried 4G too and it works as well! Getting 4G+ 2 bars too!
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/10189328663
一分钱一分货
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,153
Reaction score
3,190
IMG-8712.png


indoor with full 5g sa signal
My first time seeing Singtel ping below 20ms 😯
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,153
Reaction score
3,190
Holy sh1t! I am now at the deepest ulu part of my gym toilet as I post this and I can still receive 5G NSA 2 bars with usable data network!

I always thought this is a major network blind spot for all telcos cos of the thick walls surrounding but apparently this is not the case for pure Singtel!

Even GOMO suffers the same issue as Giga, CL whereby I get 'airplane mode' (signal without data) so I can't use Internet at all.

I guess Singtel really done a great job at maximising coverage!

I could even run a speed test in here!
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/10189322802

P.S: For curiosity I tried 4G too and it works as well! Getting 4G+ 2 bars too!
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/10189328663
Where is this place? West side?
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Just checking should I keep Pay As U Roam forsake of receiving OTP SMS while travelling overseas?

It's free incoming SMS right if I read it correctly ?
 

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
72,511
Reaction score
2,488
Just checking should I keep Pay As U Roam forsake of receiving OTP SMS while travelling overseas?

It's free incoming SMS right if I read it correctly ?
so long data is off and you don't pick up any calls, i don't think will kena roaming charges

BUT i had a bad experience of getting roaming data charges on M1 because I left VoLTE on; it isn't possible to turn off VoLTE with Singtel's carrier profile on iOS and I'm not sure if will kena roaming data charges or not because of that.

Edit: Got option to turn off data roaming from inside the singtel app, that should do?
 
Last edited:

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
so long data is off and you don't pick up any calls, i don't think will kena roaming charges

BUT i had a bad experience of getting roaming data charges on M1 because I left VoLTE on; it isn't possible to turn off VoLTE with Singtel's carrier profile on iOS and I'm not sure if will kena roaming data charges or not because of that.
Don't think we can ever fallback to traditional non-data GSM call (already turned off right? Or is it still available via current 3G infra?) after 31/07/24 when 3G turns off. 4G onwards calls are all over data right? So no matter what so long there is call, there will be some transient data charged right?
 

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
72,511
Reaction score
2,488
Don't think we can ever fallback to traditional non-data GSM call (already turned off right? Or is it still available via current 3G infra?) after 31/07/24 when 3G turns off. 4G onwards calls are all over data right? So no matter what so long there is call, there will be some transient data charged right?
Ya calls and SMS won't work without VoLTE/VoNR if there's no 3G signal.

and yep VoLTE and VoNR functions over an IP network, but I don't know whether singtel will charge you for that or not. Need to try.. :spin:

My bad experience was with M1 and I got screwed out of $130+ back in 2018. fug chiu m1 :s13:

I googled and apparently it's M1 being shitty
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...till-charged-with-data-roaming.5519417/page-2

m1 really cuis
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Ya calls and SMS won't work without VoLTE/VoNR if there's no 3G signal.

and yep VoLTE and VoNR functions over an IP network, but I don't know whether singtel will charge you for that or not. Need to try.. :spin:

My bad experience was with M1 and I got screwed out of $130+ back in 2018. fug chiu m1 :s13:

I googled and apparently it's M1 being shitty
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...till-charged-with-data-roaming.5519417/page-2

m1 really cuis
I guess that's their actual business model and profitability strategy :s13:

But come to think again, overseas countries should still have traditional 2/3G network running. So should be able to receive SMS via their existing 2/3G infra (if they haven't teardown like SG). Or wonder if can do SMS forwarding to the foreign ICC eSIM number while travelling.

When I travel, I only prefer buying ICC eSIM rather than using any form of roaming service offered by our telco due to cost.
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Did some cross country journey on MRT in the first week of Singtel 5G experience. Last time on M1 I used to face rampant got signal no data issue around Serangoon NEL station but no more issue with Singtel 5G. Only around Boon Keng MRT it briefly switches to 5G NSA.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top