[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,130
Reaction score
2,065
can la. Depends where you are at. Under or near cell tower or indoor repeater
i rmb when singtel first announce 5g+ roll out few months back, i did speedtest and get near 1gbps, recently i recon to the $15 (from $20 plan 12 months ago) i can never hit over 300mbps liao.. i did not change any other variables, tested with my older 4g sim card and then changed to the newer 5g sim card also similar speed.

my family member on s plan from years ago can hit 600+ mbps on s22u at the same spot.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,302
Reaction score
18,566
i rmb when singtel first announce 5g+ roll out few months back, i did speedtest and get near 1gbps, recently i recon to the $15 (from $20 plan 12 months ago) i can never hit over 300mbps liao.. i did not change any other variables, tested with my older 4g sim card and then changed to the newer 5g sim card also similar speed.

my family member on s plan from years ago can hit 600+ mbps on s22u at the same spot.
hmm. that is weird, is the APN still the same? I'm currently using Zym singtel mvno, with 5G NSA, I'm able to hit 1.2gbps. Doesn't sound right if 5G+ gets lower speeds.
 

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,130
Reaction score
2,065
hmm. that is weird, is the APN still the same? I'm currently using Zym singtel mvno, with 5G NSA, I'm able to hit 1.2gbps. Doesn't sound right if 5G+ gets lower speeds.
i dun think there is any changes. singtel (postpaid). but nvm ba, i dun need the full speed.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,125
Reaction score
3,177
hmm. that is weird, is the APN still the same? I'm currently using Zym singtel mvno, with 5G NSA, I'm able to hit 1.2gbps. Doesn't sound right if 5G+ gets lower speeds.
I can’t even hit 300Mbps most of the time as well. 5G Core Plan.
 

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,130
Reaction score
2,065
I can’t even hit 300Mbps most of the time as well. 5G Core Plan.
most likely is 5g nsa, which gives 4g speed of around 90mbps or so.. depending on your phone if can select 5g sa mode only, mine need to change network operator from automatic (singtel) to manual scan and select singtel 5g.

but pointless ba, i test test a bit only 300mbps so i just switch back to automatic sua liao.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,125
Reaction score
3,177
most likely is 5g nsa, which gives 4g speed of around 90mbps or so.. depending on your phone if can select 5g sa mode only, mine need to change network operator from automatic (singtel) to manual scan and select singtel 5g.

but pointless ba, i test test a bit only 300mbps so i just switch back to automatic sua liao.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I am on 5G SA and the FTM Dashboard also shows SA.
 

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
12,716
Reaction score
2,649
Seems like can port out to eight then port in to vivifi for free 9 months
 

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
12,716
Reaction score
2,649
Seems like someone in Circles annoyed Singtel mgmt and they are getting their MVMO partners to kill them.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,227
Reaction score
12,258
I am on 5G SA and the FTM Dashboard also shows SA.

then i duno liao.

for me, when connect to 5g nsa i get 4g speed, 5g sa get around 300mbps

Indeed the speed does not really correlate well with 5G SA or 5G NSA. I think it may have more to do with the location.

I got pretty good speed like 545 Mbps recently with 5G SA in Jurong Point.

But just now I checked in another location and I got only 131 Mbps with 5G SA and 112 Mbps with 5G NSA. I am using SingTel SIM Only plan (S$20.37 per month now).

The top speed I got for SingTel 5G was 1118 Mbps back in Sept 2023, next to SingTel Jurong Point Shop. Never hit such high speed later. In fact, it was not so difficult to hit above 700 Mbps in Jurong Point last time but now seems to be difficult even to hit above 600 Mbps.

BTW, now it seems 5G+ displayed on the phone status indicates SA and 5G indicates 5G NSA, at least for my Poco X4 GT Android phone.
 
Last edited:

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,130
Reaction score
2,065
Indeed the speed does not really correlate well with 5G SA or 5G NSA. I think it may have more to do with the location.

I got pretty good speed like 545 Mbps recently with 5G SA in Jurong Point.

But just now I checked in another location and I got only 131 Mbps with 5G SA and 112 Mbps with 5G NSA. I am using SingTel SIM Only plan (S$20.37 per month now).

The top speed I got for SingTel 5G was 1118 Mbps back in Sept 2023, next to SingTel Jurong Point Shop. Never hit such high speed later. In fact, it was not so difficult to hit above 700 Mbps in Jurong Point last time but now seems to be difficult even to hit above 600 Mbps.

BTW, now it seems 5G+ displayed on the phone status indicates SA and 5G indicates 5G NSA, at least for my Poco X4 GT Android phone.
maybe my area did some infra upgrade recently idk ba. i was able to hit 1gbps sitting at the same spot back in May. recon at end of jun.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,125
Reaction score
3,177
Indeed the speed does not really correlate well with 5G SA or 5G NSA. I think it may have more to do with the location.

I got pretty good speed like 545 Mbps recently with 5G SA in Jurong Point.

But just now I checked in another location and I got only 131 Mbps with 5G SA and 112 Mbps with 5G NSA. I am using SingTel SIM Only plan (S$20.37 per month now).

The top speed I got for SingTel 5G was 1118 Mbps back in Sept 2023, next to SingTel Jurong Point Shop. Never hit such high speed later. In fact, it was not so difficult to hit above 700 Mbps in Jurong Point last time but now seems to be difficult even to hit above 600 Mbps.

BTW, now it seems 5G+ displayed on the phone status indicates SA and 5G indicates 5G NSA, at least for my Poco X4 GT Android phone.
This is quite weird because I get better speeds and latency with MyRepublic 5G SA.

I see 1000Mbps+ often and pings are below 20ms.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,227
Reaction score
12,258
This is quite weird because I get better speeds and latency with MyRepublic 5G SA.

I see 1000Mbps+ often and pings are below 20ms.

I am not worried about top speed as there is really no difference between 100 Mbps and 1000 Mbps for a mobile phone. The speed degradation may be because of the congestions in Jurong Point area.

More important thing is that the coverage in Jurong West area for Singtel 5G is much better than last time.

But now you mention the ping value of below 20ms, that is really good. I have never seen such good ping value from SingTel when carrying out SpeedTest with SingTel 4G/5G.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top