[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,135
Reaction score
3,182
But now you mention the ping value of below 20ms, that is really good. I have never seen such good ping value from SingTel when carrying out SpeedTest with SingTel 4G/5G.
To be honest. I am the same with you. I only care about the latency which was never a strong number for Singtel. Anyways, speed to consumers like us is not the important thing, but the latency reduction can be felt.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,284
The speed degradation may be because of the congestions in Jurong Point area.

Indeed the speed is now faster opposite Jurong Point than inside Jurong Point (just outside of SingTel Shop in Jurong Point).

I suspect last time SingTel might have deployed some signal boost equipment inside the SingTel Shop so I got very fast speed.

572Xh8e.png
 
Last edited:

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,135
Reaction score
3,182
Indeed the speed is now faster opposite Jurong Point than inside Jurong Point (just outside of SingTel Shop in Jurong Point).

I suspect last time SingTel might have deployed some signal boost equipment inside the SingTel Shop so I got very fast speed.

572Xh8e.png
Likely the preparation for the Enhanced plans from August 2025?
 

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,292
Reaction score
2,560
Is there significant improvements in network moving from Singtel MVNO to Singtel direct??
 

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,120
Reaction score
2,063
Indeed the speed is now faster opposite Jurong Point than inside Jurong Point (just outside of SingTel Shop in Jurong Point).

I suspect last time SingTel might have deployed some signal boost equipment inside the SingTel Shop so I got very fast speed.

572Xh8e.png
wah.. i just tested elsewhere and gotten 900+mbps.. so that means not all signal booster offers the higher speed?

edit: actually, i at my same old spot test again get 900+ also liao.. but that's only for 5g sa mode
 
Last edited:

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,135
Reaction score
3,182
wah.. i just tested elsewhere and gotten 900+mbps.. so that means not all signal booster offers the higher speed?

edit: actually, i at my same old spot test again get 900+ also liao.. but that's only for 5g sa mode
SA with a higher speed should make sense since they are using native 5G equipment.
 

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,447
Reaction score
6,799
IMHO.
I just cite for reference on what is fast 5G and fast 4G.
For 4G, maybe now pay lesser, speed reduced? :ROFLMAO:
I believe the telco equipment are capable, just whether we get to use it.

Zym 5G ( August 2023 ) - Samsung A14 5G
Download - 1609
Upload - 65.1
Ping - 8

Reference for fast 4G

Singtel Value 4G ( January 2020 ) - Samsung Note 10+
Download - 491
Upload - 93.9
Ping - 18
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,355
Reaction score
18,583
IMHO.
I just cite for reference on what is fast 5G and fast 4G.
For 4G, maybe now pay lesser, speed reduced? :ROFLMAO:
I believe the telco equipment are capable, just whether we get to use it.

Zym 5G ( August 2023 ) - Samsung A14 5G
Download - 1609
Upload - 65.1
Ping - 8

Reference for fast 4G

Singtel Value 4G ( January 2020 ) - Samsung Note 10+
Download - 491
Upload - 93.9
Ping - 18
woah. where did you get 1.6gbps? i recently only got the highest i ever achieved at 1.4gbps with Zym
 

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,447
Reaction score
6,799
woah. where did you get 1.6gbps? i recently only got the highest i ever achieved at 1.4gbps with Zym
IMHO.
My previous office location. I cannot let you know because will be too much information. :ROFLMAO:
The 4G results also the same location.
 

XeonHacker

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
4,698
Reaction score
113
Indeed the speed does not really correlate well with 5G SA or 5G NSA. I think it may have more to do with the location.

I got pretty good speed like 545 Mbps recently with 5G SA in Jurong Point.

But just now I checked in another location and I got only 131 Mbps with 5G SA and 112 Mbps with 5G NSA. I am using SingTel SIM Only plan (S$20.37 per month now).

The top speed I got for SingTel 5G was 1118 Mbps back in Sept 2023, next to SingTel Jurong Point Shop. Never hit such high speed later. In fact, it was not so difficult to hit above 700 Mbps in Jurong Point last time but now seems to be difficult even to hit above 600 Mbps.

BTW, now it seems 5G+ displayed on the phone status indicates SA and 5G indicates 5G NSA, at least for my Poco X4 GT Android phone.

The CA on 5G also covers NSA? . The NSA still on 4G band 3,7 no meh? Only 1,78 ,28
 

Khneo62

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
34
Reaction score
39
Is there significant improvements in network moving from Singtel MVNO to Singtel direct??
  • Deprioritized network access:
    While they use the Singtel network, MVNOs often have lower priority, potentially leading to slower speeds compared to direct Singtel users, especially during peak usage times.
 

XeonHacker

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
4,698
Reaction score
113
I am not worried about top speed as there is really no difference between 100 Mbps and 1000 Mbps for a mobile phone. The speed degradation may be because of the congestions in Jurong Point area.

More important thing is that the coverage in Jurong West area for Singtel 5G is much better than last time.

But now you mention the ping value of below 20ms, that is really good. I have never seen such good ping value from SingTel when carrying out SpeedTest with SingTel 4G/5G.

To be honest. I am the same with you. I only care about the latency which was never a strong number for Singtel. Anyways, speed to consumers like us is not the important thing, but the latency reduction can be felt.

4G -> 5G. Lower ping. Higher throughput. Ranting/Complaining?

Breh, there are situation where capabilities present other possibilities, impossible in the past.

Say you have a new office being setup, you can straight away use the 5G router as a temp connection before the ISP hooks you up.

Or, it can serve as a backup WAN2 in case someone in your household/nothing better to do "self righteous" neighbor cuts off your fiber line :vijayadmin:
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,024
Reaction score
694
Hi all,

New to Singtel.
My plan came with roaming Asia 1 gb and noted both pay as you roam and readyroam are subscribed.

Does maintaining the roaming Asia required either the pay as you roam or ready roam or both to be subscribed?

Thank you.
 

XeonHacker

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
4,698
Reaction score
113
Hi all,

New to Singtel.
My plan came with roaming Asia 1 gb and noted both pay as you roam and readyroam are subscribed.

Does maintaining the roaming Asia required either the pay as you roam or ready roam or both to be subscribed?

Thank you.

bro u wanna roam of cuz u have to pay for the full package, no one will let u auto roam them for free.

xtra service is have to pay xtra money one.
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,024
Reaction score
694
bro u wanna roam of cuz u have to pay for the full package, no one will let u auto roam them for free.

xtra service is have to pay xtra money one.
Thanks for your reply.

I understand that. When I travelled, I usually get tourist sims, so for all my past telcos, I only keep the pay as you roam (no monthly subscription to pay), in case I need it for calls while overseas and I am fine to pay the higher charges if needed as compared to paying monthly $10+ for an autoroam plan with lower usage charges.
I am the type that just unsubscribe anything unnecessary even if it is free for x months.

So now my Singtel plan came with 1 gb Asia roaming, I initially don't know what is the difference between pay as you roam and auto subscribe ready roam(no monthly subscriptions to pay) in my plan and whether are both required to use the 1gb Asia roaming or not thus my earlier query.

After reading through their website, understand the auto subscribe ready roam is merely a service which will help to auto subscribe to a ready roam data plan when detected you are overseas to prevent high data roaming costs. So I guessed no issue to keep both.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top