[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,123
Reaction score
3,177
Ikr, more expensive plus no MY roaming. Disney+ the $15 plan also have if want with the given SMS code.
No roaming? Gosh. Perfect for someone like me who don’t travel.

Nowadays when I see plans I always see huge roaming bundles. I thought I was a Malaysian since there is more data bundle for Malaysia than in Singapore. Not that I need that much data too in Singapore 🤣
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,123
Reaction score
3,177
Anyone using ST 5G SA, what is the top speed you all get using 5G SA.

Im not referring to 5G NSA.
Okay. So this interesting thing happened.

I was out with my friend today. He is on GOMO, which is 5G NSA. His speed is better than mine (MNO) and SA.

So I turned off SA and tried. Yes. Performance did get better. I was like “Singtel bruh”?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
Well done SINGTEL 5G SA



Okay. So this interesting thing happened.

I was out with my friend today. He is on GOMO, which is 5G NSA. His speed is better than mine (MNO) and SA.

So I turned off SA and tried. Yes. Performance did get better. I was like “Singtel bruh”?
Never expect this from Singtel 5G SA. Looks like they are not really ready for 5G SA. My Zym 5G NSA is so much faster, can even get 1.2gbps from coffeeshop and shopping malls. Seems like Antina network is better than Singtel

What speed did you get on 5G SA? luckily there was option to turn off 5G Standalone in phone settings.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,121
Reaction score
13,164
The 60-day FOC 5G Priority plan is SA, right?

Hougang indoor ✌️

 
Last edited:

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,123
Reaction score
3,177
Never expect this from Singtel 5G SA. Looks like they are not really ready for 5G SA. My Zym 5G NSA is so much faster, can even get 1.2gbps from coffeeshop and shopping malls. Seems like Antina network is better than Singtel

What speed did you get on 5G SA? luckily there was option to turn off 5G Standalone in phone settings.
When I was with StarHub or M1, I get 1.5Gbps. LOL. Antina > Singtel.

SA around 200Mbps for me. Ping between 9-20ms.
 

cloudystar

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
655
Okay. So this interesting thing happened.

I was out with my friend today. He is on GOMO, which is 5G NSA. His speed is better than mine (MNO) and SA.

So I turned off SA and tried. Yes. Performance did get better. I was like “Singtel bruh”?
hahaha, on paper and theory, 5G SA should be better. But throw into the real world with 101 external factors added into the equation, the actual result is not always the same.

Well, at the very least, the ST 5G Priority 60days line is still most reliable for my daily commute.

eight used to be reliable but not sure what happened.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,123
Reaction score
3,177
hahaha, on paper and theory, 5G SA should be better. But throw into the real world with 101 external factors added into the equation, the actual result is not always the same.

Well, at the very least, the ST 5G Priority 60days line is still most reliable for my daily commute.

eight used to be reliable but not sure what happened.
Yeah. On paper the SA is better. But I think Singtel SA could be very congested.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,209
Reaction score
12,242
Yeah. On paper the SA is better. But I think Singtel SA could be very congested.

It probably depends on the location. I am mainly in the west areas (Jurong West + Taman Jurong).

I am not using other providers, only Singtel SIM Only, so I am only comparing 5G vs Singtel 4G.

Singtel 5G coverage is way better than Singtel 4G now. And now 5G SA coverage is pretty decent.

Usually it is like 5G SA (many places) --> 5G NSA --> no signal in some places. Seldom got 4G LTE.

Last time it was like
5G SA (few places) --> 5G NSA (many places) --> 4G LTE (quite some places) --> no signal in some places.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
It probably depends on the location. I am mainly in the west areas (Jurong West + Taman Jurong).

I am not using other providers, only Singtel SIM Only, so I am only comparing 5G vs Singtel 4G.

Singtel 5G coverage is way better than Singtel 4G now. And now 5G SA coverage is pretty decent.

Usually it is like 5G SA (many places) --> 5G NSA --> no signal in some places. Seldom got 4G LTE.

Last time it was like
5G SA (few places) --> 5G NSA (many places) --> 4G LTE (quite some places) --> no signal in some places.
For your experience with Singtel 5G SA, for malls like Jurong Point, 399 Taman Jurong Shopping Centre, S11 and inside shops, all have 5G SA? Does it drop to 4G LTE / 5G NSA?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,209
Reaction score
12,242
For your experience with Singtel 5G SA, for malls like Jurong Point, 399 Taman Jurong Shopping Centre, S11 and inside shops, all have 5G SA? Does it drop to 4G LTE / 5G NSA?

Jurong Point and Seng Siong in Taman Jurong are the two most visited places for me. Pretty much always Singtel 5G SA.

Nowadays seldom go to Taman Jurong Shopping Centre.
 
Last edited:

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
20,752
Reaction score
119
tested at home...

peX1qR9.png

singtel free 2 mths priority plus plan

LPwjPnI.png

singtel SOP 30 $15.28/mth plan
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top