[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

probablye

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2022
Messages
84
Reaction score
138
Warning to those who signed up for scummy Singtel's free 2-month SG60 trial.

First of all, their FAQ (captured on the Internet Archive) clearly states:
What happens at the end of the 60 days?
Rest assured; this FREE 5G+ Priority experience will automatically come to an end after 60 days.

I signed up not because I wanted to use the free data. I really wanted to test their so-called Priority service, and I was not impressed. So I stopped using it after just 2 weeks, turned off the eSIM on my phone and forgot about it - because they said don't worry, right? It will end after 60 days.

Yesterday, I received my Singtel bill (I only have a broadband service with them) and saw that it was significantly higher than my usual bill. Guess what? They auto-renewed the 5G plan!

I contacted Singtel today and they said, oh because postpaid plans are charged in advance, and my trial ends in mid-September, therefore they charged me ahead of time.

WTF?!

I don't know if they had sent me any SMS to the trial number, but I wouldn't have received it anyway because the eSIM was already deactivated on my phone. They didn't send me any email for sure, to warn me that my trial was ending, and that I would have to CANCEL IT MANUALLY, otherwise it would be auto-renewed.

So much for "will automatically end"?
 

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
10,594
Reaction score
158
Warning to those who signed up for scummy Singtel's free 2-month SG60 trial.

First of all, their FAQ (captured on the Internet Archive) clearly states:


I signed up not because I wanted to use the free data. I really wanted to test their so-called Priority service, and I was not impressed. So I stopped using it after just 2 weeks, turned off the eSIM on my phone and forgot about it - because they said don't worry, right? It will end after 60 days.

Yesterday, I received my Singtel bill (I only have a broadband service with them) and saw that it was significantly higher than my usual bill. Guess what? They auto-renewed the 5G plan!

I contacted Singtel today and they said, oh because postpaid plans are charged in advance, and my trial ends in mid-September, therefore they charged me ahead of time.

WTF?!

I don't know if they had sent me any SMS to the trial number, but I wouldn't have received it anyway because the eSIM was already deactivated on my phone. They didn't send me any email for sure, to warn me that my trial was ending, and that I would have to CANCEL IT MANUALLY, otherwise it would be auto-renewed.

So much for "will automatically end"?
Thanks for heads up. Did they send any sign up promo to continue?
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,151
Reaction score
3,185
Warning to those who signed up for scummy Singtel's free 2-month SG60 trial.

First of all, their FAQ (captured on the Internet Archive) clearly states:


I signed up not because I wanted to use the free data. I really wanted to test their so-called Priority service, and I was not impressed. So I stopped using it after just 2 weeks, turned off the eSIM on my phone and forgot about it - because they said don't worry, right? It will end after 60 days.

Yesterday, I received my Singtel bill (I only have a broadband service with them) and saw that it was significantly higher than my usual bill. Guess what? They auto-renewed the 5G plan!

I contacted Singtel today and they said, oh because postpaid plans are charged in advance, and my trial ends in mid-September, therefore they charged me ahead of time.

WTF?!

I don't know if they had sent me any SMS to the trial number, but I wouldn't have received it anyway because the eSIM was already deactivated on my phone. They didn't send me any email for sure, to warn me that my trial was ending, and that I would have to CANCEL IT MANUALLY, otherwise it would be auto-renewed.

So much for "will automatically end"?
I received this email:

Important update for your 5G+ Priority eSIM.​
We hope you’re enjoying your 5G+ Priority experience and its benefits. We're providing information about the upcoming updates for your service.​
Administrative bill​
You’ll receive a bill showing “Partial Month Charges” via email and in My Singtel app. Our system automatically generates this at the start of every service cycle. Please be assured that your eSIM experience is FREE for 60 days.​
Bill.png
At the end of 60 days, all charges related to the free inclusions of your eSIM plan will be waived. ​

I am not sure if you got charged something like this?
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,148
Reaction score
13,170
I received this email:

​
Important update for your 5G+ Priority eSIM.​
We hope you’re enjoying your 5G+ Priority experience and its benefits. We're providing information about the upcoming updates for your service.​

​
Administrative bill​
You’ll receive a bill showing “Partial Month Charges” via email and in My Singtel app. Our system automatically generates this at the start of every service cycle. Please be assured that your eSIM experience is FREE for 60 days.​
​
Bill.png
At the end of 60 days, all charges related to the free inclusions of your eSIM plan will be waived. ​


I am not sure if you got charged something like this?
So if such charges appear in our bill, that means we've to pay up and later wait for them to reverse the amount? :look:
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
Based on my past experience with contract renewal, Singtel will pro-rate the ending service for their monthly billing. Make sure you cancel the service at exactly the date of the service end-date and receive a revised service agreement listing all the services you are subscribed to or are offered with the cancelled service removed from the service agreement.

The "over-paid" amount will be reversed from the following month's bill.


Example: My SIM-only contract ends on 27 September with free caller ID. In my September bill, I was charged caller ID for the remaining days of September (28, 29, 30 September). If I recontract on 28 September and the plan starts on 28 September, I will get free caller ID. So in my October monthly bill, I will get bill reversal for the 3 days of caller ID deducted from the October bill.

Hope this clarifies how the end-of-service pro-rated billing and reversal of over-paid bills works.
 

Elysium87

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2017
Messages
1,366
Reaction score
88
hi, checking if there's any special cheap plan for sim only?

currently on sim only plus 30 (12 mths contract), every month around 18.69 (before gst). it's a 5g plan.
going to expire on oct 2025. this plan was only available to sign up in their web site back then.

i dont need any 5g+ priority as i actually change to 4g on my pixel phone since 5g consume battery faster.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,151
Reaction score
3,185
hi, checking if there's any special plan for sim only?

currently on sim only plus 30 (12 mths contract), every month around 18.69 (before gst). it's a 5g plan.
going to expire on oct 2025. this plan was only available to sign up in their web site back then.

i dont need any 5g+ priority as i actually change to 4g on my pixel phone since 5g consume battery faster.
Every plan with Singtel is a 5G+ today. This is the only form that you can try: https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/eform/simonlyplusform
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,148
Reaction score
13,170
Hope this clarifies how the end-of-service pro-rated billing and reversal of over-paid bills works.
Thanks for this.

What I'm concerned with is being charged for their so-called free trial.

Imagine if the likes of Simba and Eight had charged for those trial SIM cards when they first launched.

No doubt charges will be reversed, but can't say they don't have a really stupid system there. (n)
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
Thanks for this.

What I'm concerned with is being charged for their so-called free trial.

Imagine if the likes of Simba and Eight had charged for those trial SIM cards when they first launched.

No doubt charges will be reversed, but can't say they don't have a really stupid system there. (n)
All of Singtel's free trial services go through the same billing route.
Customers will be pro-rated for the entire month and customers must auto a bit to self cancel the service and receive an updated Service Agreement. Singtel will then bill reverse the over-paid amount in the subsequent month's billing.

Unless the service trial end date is exactly on the last day of the month and you remembered to cancel the service the next day, you will not be over-paying for the trial service in the next billing cycle.
 

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
20,752
Reaction score
119
my 60days trial is ending on 23rd sep, and yeah, received an email regarding the partials month charge, and im seeing an additional $1.67 before GST charges in my August bill.

so i guess yeah, we have to cancel it unless one has got the intention to continue with the service...
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,148
Reaction score
13,170
All of Singtel's free trial services go through the same billing route.
Customers will be pro-rated for the entire month and customers must auto a bit to self cancel the service and receive an updated Service Agreement. Singtel will then bill reverse the over-paid amount in the subsequent month's billing.

Unless the service trial end date is exactly on the last day of the month and you remembered to cancel the service the next day, you will not be over-paying for the trial service in the next billing cycle.
First time using Singtel free service, so...

This clause of theirs mean nothing, in that case. Still got to remember to cancel?

What happens at the end of the 60 days?
Rest assured; this FREE 5G+ Priority experience will automatically come to an end after 60 days.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,148
Reaction score
13,170
my 60days trial is ending on 23rd sep, and yeah, received an email regarding the partials month charge, and im seeing an additional $1.67 before GST charges in my August bill.

so i guess yeah, we have to cancel it unless one has got the intention to continue with the service...
So what's the extra amount being charged?

Partial of what, $55? :crazy:
 

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
20,752
Reaction score
119
i guess mine is being charged 1 day...?

h0tTzhv.jpeg

priority plus plan is $55 aft gst, so before gst is 50.05. so 50.05 ÷ 30days= 1.668

so yeah, partials month charge is 1 day :s13:
 
Last edited:

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,148
Reaction score
13,170
i guess mine is being charged 1 day...?

h0tTzhv.jpeg

priority plus plan is $55 aft gst, so before gst is 50.05. so 50.05 ÷ 30days= 1.668

so yeah, partials month charge is 1 day :s13:
That would mean they charge each user over $100 over 2 months before the refund? Damn! 🤦‍♂️
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
i guess mine is being charged 1 day...?

h0tTzhv.jpeg

priority plus plan is $55 aft gst, so before gst is 50.05. so 50.05 ÷ 30days= 1.668

so yeah, partials month charge is 1 day :s13:
Based on your screenshot, look at the Subscription Charge date (to 24 September 2025), then look at the individual tryout service end date (23 September 2025). There is an additional day not "covered" by the tryout period. So, there is a charge of a day of service for each expired tryout service.

Hope this clarifies the charging.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top