Jirachi
Great Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jan 17, 2010
- Messages
- 55,152
- Reaction score
- 3,187
That's why I keep both Singtel and M1 on the same phone. RedundancyM1 SA at some malls basements can also achieve around 1.2 MBPS.. above ground hardly

That's why I keep both Singtel and M1 on the same phone. RedundancyM1 SA at some malls basements can also achieve around 1.2 MBPS.. above ground hardly
you mean 1.2gbpsM1 SA at some malls basements can also achieve around 1.2 MBPS.. above ground hardly
yap typoyou mean 1.2gbps
What happens at the end of the 60 days?
Rest assured; this FREE 5G+ Priority experience will automatically come to an end after 60 days.
Thanks for heads up. Did they send any sign up promo to continue?Warning to those who signed up for scummy Singtel's free 2-month SG60 trial.
First of all, their FAQ (captured on the Internet Archive) clearly states:
I signed up not because I wanted to use the free data. I really wanted to test their so-called Priority service, and I was not impressed. So I stopped using it after just 2 weeks, turned off the eSIM on my phone and forgot about it - because they said don't worry, right? It will end after 60 days.
Yesterday, I received my Singtel bill (I only have a broadband service with them) and saw that it was significantly higher than my usual bill. Guess what? They auto-renewed the 5G plan!
I contacted Singtel today and they said, oh because postpaid plans are charged in advance, and my trial ends in mid-September, therefore they charged me ahead of time.
WTF?!
I don't know if they had sent me any SMS to the trial number, but I wouldn't have received it anyway because the eSIM was already deactivated on my phone. They didn't send me any email for sure, to warn me that my trial was ending, and that I would have to CANCEL IT MANUALLY, otherwise it would be auto-renewed.
So much for "will automatically end"?
I received this email:Warning to those who signed up for scummy Singtel's free 2-month SG60 trial.
First of all, their FAQ (captured on the Internet Archive) clearly states:
I signed up not because I wanted to use the free data. I really wanted to test their so-called Priority service, and I was not impressed. So I stopped using it after just 2 weeks, turned off the eSIM on my phone and forgot about it - because they said don't worry, right? It will end after 60 days.
Yesterday, I received my Singtel bill (I only have a broadband service with them) and saw that it was significantly higher than my usual bill. Guess what? They auto-renewed the 5G plan!
I contacted Singtel today and they said, oh because postpaid plans are charged in advance, and my trial ends in mid-September, therefore they charged me ahead of time.
WTF?!
I don't know if they had sent me any SMS to the trial number, but I wouldn't have received it anyway because the eSIM was already deactivated on my phone. They didn't send me any email for sure, to warn me that my trial was ending, and that I would have to CANCEL IT MANUALLY, otherwise it would be auto-renewed.
So much for "will automatically end"?
|
|
So if such charges appear in our bill, that means we've to pay up and later wait for them to reverse the amount?I received this email:
Important update for your 5G+ Priority eSIM. We hope you’re enjoying your 5G+ Priority experience and its benefits. We're providing information about the upcoming updates for your service.
Administrative bill You’ll receive a bill showing “Partial Month Charges” via email and in My Singtel app. Our system automatically generates this at the start of every service cycle. Please be assured that your eSIM experience is FREE for 60 days.
![]()
At the end of 60 days, all charges related to the free inclusions of your eSIM plan will be waived.
I am not sure if you got charged something like this?

Well, it's their accounting, I know it's stupid...So if such charges appear in our bill, that means we've to pay up and later wait for them to reverse the amount?![]()
Every plan with Singtel is a 5G+ today. This is the only form that you can try: https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/eform/simonlyplusformhi, checking if there's any special plan for sim only?
currently on sim only plus 30 (12 mths contract), every month around 18.69 (before gst). it's a 5g plan.
going to expire on oct 2025. this plan was only available to sign up in their web site back then.
i dont need any 5g+ priority as i actually change to 4g on my pixel phone since 5g consume battery faster.
oh wow thanks for the link cheaper a bit than my current plan. okay i will sign up with thatEvery plan with Singtel is a 5G+ today. This is the only form that you can try: https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/eform/simonlyplusform
Thanks for this.Hope this clarifies how the end-of-service pro-rated billing and reversal of over-paid bills works.
All of Singtel's free trial services go through the same billing route.Thanks for this.
What I'm concerned with is being charged for their so-called free trial.
Imagine if the likes of Simba and Eight had charged for those trial SIM cards when they first launched.
No doubt charges will be reversed, but can't say they don't have a really stupid system there.![]()
First time using Singtel free service, so...All of Singtel's free trial services go through the same billing route.
Customers will be pro-rated for the entire month and customers must auto a bit to self cancel the service and receive an updated Service Agreement. Singtel will then bill reverse the over-paid amount in the subsequent month's billing.
Unless the service trial end date is exactly on the last day of the month and you remembered to cancel the service the next day, you will not be over-paying for the trial service in the next billing cycle.
So what's the extra amount being charged?my 60days trial is ending on 23rd sep, and yeah, received an email regarding the partials month charge, and im seeing an additional $1.67 before GST charges in my August bill.
so i guess yeah, we have to cancel it unless one has got the intention to continue with the service...


That would mean they charge each user over $100 over 2 months before the refund? Damn!i guess mine is being charged 1 day...?
![]()
priority plus plan is $55 aft gst, so before gst is 50.05. so 50.05 ÷ 30days= 1.668
so yeah, partials month charge is 1 day![]()
Based on your screenshot, look at the Subscription Charge date (to 24 September 2025), then look at the individual tryout service end date (23 September 2025). There is an additional day not "covered" by the tryout period. So, there is a charge of a day of service for each expired tryout service.i guess mine is being charged 1 day...?
![]()
priority plus plan is $55 aft gst, so before gst is 50.05. so 50.05 ÷ 30days= 1.668
so yeah, partials month charge is 1 day![]()