[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

-Grift-

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
982
Reaction score
21
yet somehow, they had "promo until 2028" for some of us (not sure if it's for everyone) with the 15+ plan without the need to recontract. just dont have msia roaming data. dont know what they are doing. if anyone here 15+ plan has expire and manage to recontract with the 15+, do let us know too.
My $15 expired and got “extended” till 2028. No action taken
- No free roaming
- 160GB local data
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,742
Reaction score
6,184
I believed no one's phone is showing so long title. Mine is showing 5G+ only.
GPGT
5gazFvX.gif
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,742
Reaction score
6,184
Very interesting. What is the phone used?
I'm using samsung S25 Ultra, but i guess maybe location plays a part? I am around Marina Bay area, maybe will check back again when I return back to the neighbourhood later.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,394
Reaction score
12,326

I'm using samsung S25 Ultra, but i guess maybe location plays a part? I am around Marina Bay area, maybe will check back again when I return back to the neighbourhood later.

I always have a doubt whether there is a difference between Singtel S$15.28/S$20.37 5G+ SIM Only plans versus 5G+ Enhanced Lite plans in terms of priority.

I highly suspect that the S$15.28 plan has the same priority as the S$19.25 5G+ Enhanced Lite plan. Singtel will not advertise the S$15.28 plan openly as it is a hidden plan, and that is probably why it is not labeled as "5G+ Enhanced".
 

raindance

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2001
Messages
1,670
Reaction score
41
I always have a doubt whether there is a difference between Singtel S$15.28/S$20.37 5G+ SIM Only plans versus 5G+ Enhanced Lite plans in terms of priority.

I highly suspect that the S$15.28 plan has the same priority as the S$19.25 5G+ Enhanced Lite plan. Singtel will not advertise the S$15.28 plan openly as it is a hidden plan, and that is probably why it is not labeled as "5G+ Enhanced".
I think only today just upgraded to enhanced.

My $15.28 plan also just today started showing the super long 5G+ enhanced network name.
 

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,425
Reaction score
483
I always have a doubt whether there is a difference between Singtel S$15.28/S$20.37 5G+ SIM Only plans versus 5G+ Enhanced Lite plans in terms of priority.

I highly suspect that the S$15.28 plan has the same priority as the S$19.25 5G+ Enhanced Lite plan. Singtel will not advertise the S$15.28 plan openly as it is a hidden plan, and that is probably why it is not labeled as "5G+ Enhanced".
But the $15.28 plan does not have the 5G Enhanced add on indicated but the $19.25 has the add on added.

Maybe backend uses this add on to differentiate?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,394
Reaction score
12,326
But the $15.28 plan does not have the 5G Enhanced add on indicated but the $19.25 has the add on added.

Maybe backend uses this add on to differentiate?

Yes, that is a good point.

Anyway, as mentioned a few times, I have not seen any concrete reports that the SingTel S$19.25 5G Enhanced Lite plan really performs better than the S$15.28 normal 5G+ plan, in terms of priority.

I remember seen reports that 5G+ Priority plans do make a difference and Singtel is also selling the 5G Priority Pass.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/5g-plus/5g-plus-priority-pass

Now that quite a few S$15.28 plan users upgraded to the S$19.25 5G Enhanced Lite plan. Hopefully some of them can share if they really see the difference in terms of local usage in congested place (say in a crowded area).
 

wirelesslink

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
351
Reaction score
119
does anybody else feels like the $15.28 plan is becoming so slow that it becomes unusable sometimes? i definitely noticed it in my day to day usage
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,394
Reaction score
12,326
does anybody else feels like the $15.28 plan is becoming so slow that it becomes unusable sometimes? i definitely noticed it in my day to day usage

Probably location dependant.

No change for me, I live and work in the west, daily commute using public bus service, no peak time MRT ride in general.

Quick test opposite Jurong Point.

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/11906049038

11906049038.png


There are of course slow places like in some lifts or NSL underground MRT Stations, but not getting worse recently.

if compared to the 5G SA+NSA time (before 30 June 2026), then yes there is a bit of depredation, for example in some lifts or other low signal areas, from 5G NSA to 4G.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top